Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Integra pulls GT mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 10:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
integras come With B18 motors (1.8 liter 4 banger)

There are trim levels.

LS= No VTEC but lowest compression

GSR= Yes VTEC more compression

Type R= YES VTEC and a lot more compression and almost 10k redline stock.

A basic LS is easiest to boost since tuners dont have to tune for VTEC+ boost as well as having the lowest compression which gives it the ablility to take more boost.
I just never understood the whole "lower cr means higher boost". MMMM'ok. so you have higher CR, just dont' run more boost?...power is power.

IE:

10CR with 8 psi = 425rwhp.
8.5CR with 10 psi = 425rwhp.

More boost just makes up the lack of CR. In fact, higher CR gives you a better low TQ and powerband than not. (pending motor setup etc.).

Now, the tuning point you are trying to make.....that may be, I am ignorant when ti comes to tuning Vtech, and VVT.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:34 AM
***Repost Police***

In general, people that want to do nothing but turbo the stock motor use an LS engine. Partly because they are much cheaper in general, but also tuning issues. Add to that the fact that the GS-R motor typically doesn't like much more than 9psi, and that means the LS motors are typically used more in boosted apps.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:39 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RED94Z28
I dont understand whats so surprisng op those 2000 era gt's are complete turds
They run high 13s low 14s in the 1/4 stock. Not super fast no. But certainly not turds.

I've beaten a late model SI with a turbo in my stock 2002 GT.
Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Agreed. They only turn low 14s stock
I got 13.9 in mine Fastest run that has been made in one was 13.6.
and get smacked around by stock LT1s.
Smacked around? I've raced 5 LT1s and beat them all.

It's a driver's race.

To the OP, good kill.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have always said and always will say that mustang GTs (2Vs) are faster than the average car on the road. Any true modern muscle car should hand one its ***.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:20 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lemons12
I have always said and always will say that mustang GTs (2Vs) are faster than the average car on the road. Any true modern muscle car should hand one its ***.
i must agree.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ke^in

It's a driver's race.

To the OP, good kill.
Hook, line, sinker.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:20 AM
TECH Regular

Depends on what you mean by true muscle car. Most people see LT1 fbodies as true muscle cars, but no one would admit that in here. Hell today's "true muscle cars" can take just about any car made during that time. Including LS1 camaros.
Hook, line, sinker.
So you are admitting to being a troll? Because that's what that means.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:54 AM
Teching In

No, it means you are just very predictable.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:09 AM
TECH Regular

No, it means you are just very predictable.
When you make "hook line and sinker" comments, it means you intentional put bait out there for someone to take, and they took it.

So either that comment was wrong, or this one is.

If anyone makes any comments as far as times go about say LS1 cars, you better bet someone will reply to it as well. Predictable? Maybe. No more so than your comment was however.

I hope this whole thing made you feel smugly superior. You deserve it. IMHO.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:17 AM
Teching In

When you make "hook line and sinker" comments, it means you intentional put bait out there for someone to take, and they took it.

So either that comment was wrong, or this one is.

If anyone makes any comments as far as times go about say LS1 cars, you better bet someone will reply to it as well. Predictable? Maybe. No more so than your comment was however.

I hope this whole thing made you feel smugly superior. You deserve it. IMHO.
The bait was me posting that 2valves run 14s and get beat by LT1s, you took it by doing your usual defense that you have fucked up so many threads with in SRK.

I actually intended it to be a joke, hence the smiley face underneath it. But I gave you too much credit and it went over your head.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends on what you mean by true muscle car. Most people see LT1 fbodies as true muscle cars, but no one would admit that in here. Hell today's "true muscle cars" can take just about any car made during that time. Including LS1 camaros.

I can only think of one, the 5th gen. Might be forgetting one but all I can think of. I'm not big on stock cars, been a while since I have had one.

Good thing I own an ls1 Trans Am.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Launching!

Please stop hijacking threads with defending 2V GT's. No one cares about what they run in the quarter, what cars they can beat blah blah blah. Like a broken record in every thread..
Old 02-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I just never understood the whole "lower cr means higher boost". MMMM'ok. so you have higher CR, just dont' run more boost?...power is power.

IE:

10CR with 8 psi = 425rwhp.
8.5CR with 10 psi = 425rwhp.

More boost just makes up the lack of CR. In fact, higher CR gives you a better low TQ and powerband than not. (pending motor setup etc.).

Now, the tuning point you are trying to make.....that may be, I am ignorant when ti comes to tuning Vtech, and VVT.
well pony i try to keep my opinions to myself when i disagree with you after the *** raping you gave me last time, BUT, lower compression is ALOT better when boosting a factory NA car. the extra compression makes for easier detonation, and just makes tuning it in general alot harder. now i don't doubt that a professional should be able to still tune it, but your average joe running a wideband and a safc or whatever will have a harder time. just tossing that out there, i had, and just sold 3 days ago actually, a built/turbo d16 which is a single cam vtec running 11psi, it was quick but FWD/ no traction sux.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TransFan
Please stop hijacking threads with defending 2V GT's. No one cares about what they run in the quarter, what cars they can beat blah blah blah. Like a broken record in every thread..
Yeah let's not hijack a thread about a 2v mustang by talking about 2v mustangs.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

They run high 13s low 14s in the 1/4 stock. Not super fast no. But certainly not turds.

I've beaten a late model SI with a turbo in my stock 2002 GT.

It's a driver's race.

To the OP, good kill.
Dude...you're taking this too far.

+73000 I'd take a 2V gt as a DD...they'd take out enough of what woudl be encountered on the road. But they'd get their *** handed to them as well.

Originally Posted by the jester 812
well pony i try to keep my opinions to myself when i disagree with you after the *** raping you gave me last time, BUT, lower compression is ALOT better when boosting a factory NA car. the extra compression makes for easier detonation, and just makes tuning it in general alot harder. now i don't doubt that a professional should be able to still tune it, but your average joe running a wideband and a safc or whatever will have a harder time. just tossing that out there, i had, and just sold 3 days ago actually, a built/turbo d16 which is a single cam vtec running 11psi, it was quick but FWD/ no traction sux.
I think you missed my point. That type of mentality is set for those that want to 'brag' about how much boost they are running. That means jack in the true picture.

A higher CR motor with less boost will make the same power as one with lower CR and higher boost. The powerband's (mostly the TQ) will be in the favor of the higher CR. As long as the target power is maintained there is nothing wrong with boosting a higher CR motor. With all FI applications it will take the right amount of fuel and timing to make sure detonation will not set in.

Per my example I'd take a mach motor's CR (10:1) with 8psi over a Cobra's 8.5CR with 10 psi. The powerband over all will be better than the cobra's (generally speaking of course).

My only point was 'low cr with boost' is extremely over rated vs. less boost with higher CR. Having said that, I'm going outside the relm of Vtech and VVT setups and speaking in general terms. To further the point, I wouldn't be too comfy putting a PD blower on top of a 10.5:1 CR motor. I'd lessin' it to 10 or lower. Definitely no higher than 10. But that's me.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by odarabla
I with this guy!!
Had both a 94 GSR with bolt ons and a tune, and a 2002 GT with bolt ons and a tune.

Modified GSR was quicker than the 2002 GT stock, much less when you add boost to it...almost bought a Jackson Racing supercharger, but car flooded soon after, so that idea went away.

Nice kill in the DD OP
Old 02-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Launching!

Yeah let's not hijack a thread about a 2v mustang by talking about 2v mustangs.
Read other SR-K threads. That's what they are all about. Anytime a 2v mustang is beaten there has to be ten pages about why it wasn't or the fact that it runs 13's stock. Good kill to OP.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:08 PM
TECH Resident

I HAVE a full bolt on GSR integra as a DD. Its decently fast and will pull on a GT mustang(stock) like posted above but not by much and that is reving the crap out of it to 8k.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by david068513
I HAVE a full bolt on GSR integra as a DD. Its decently fast and will pull on a GT mustang(stock) like posted above but not by much and that is reving the crap out of it to 8k.
Yea but they love those high revs, I used to pull mine to 9K when I had a chip in it. It was a turd down low, I used to floor it in 2nd at like 2K RPMS and it would go, and when it hit 5.5K, it was like all hell broke loose, the exhaust made this awfully loud screaming noise, the revs just flew up to 9K, it was awesome for a DD, I wouldnt mind another one. Everything was cheap too.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1SLwLS1
Yea but they love those high revs, I used to pull mine to 9K when I had a chip in it. It was a turd down low, I used to floor it in 2nd at like 2K RPMS and it would go, and when it hit 5.5K, it was like all hell broke loose, the exhaust made this awfully loud screaming noise, the revs just flew up to 9K, it was awesome for a DD, I wouldnt mind another one. Everything was cheap too.
I loved my honda swaps for DDs.

I really am thinking of just picking one up on the cheap after i sell my car and before i buy my next one. Such great Fuel economy, amazing reliability, cheap insurance. So many pluses and im not going to lie they are just fun to drive as well.