Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Badass Cammed Bolton G8

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
A 429rwhp G8 will have no chance against a Viper from a roll.
lol dylan pulled him from a roll i pulled dylan from a roll? yeah no chance lol
Old 02-16-2010, 04:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by g8dave
its a 98 you dumb **** they are slow the fastest cam only c8 has bee 11.7 he made 416whp i made more power than him and his car only cut a 1.79 d-bag **** you and your camaro if you dont have anything nice to say dont ******* say it ashole! oh and the viper only made 390
Wow you can't be serious? First off you are bench racing! When you have an auto tranny rwhp means nothing at all! You do understand that roll racing has nothing at all to do with your E.T. right? When roll racing there are other things that come into play like, what does your car trap in the 1/4, how much does your car weigh? That is the #'s I want to know when I am street racing someone!! Not, Jimmy's car made 416rwhp and mine made 429rwhp. He went 11.70 so I should at least go mid 11's. That is called ricer talk and we don't do that on LS1tech!! The comments you make is what lets me know that you are a newbie and know nothing at all about racing!! If you think you can beat your buddies Viper then go race him from a roll and get it on video to show us all on LS1tech how you got raped!! The only way you can win that race is if he can't drive his car or his car blows up!! Other than that you can chalk it up as a loss!! Oh and please grow up man!! I gave you props on your car!! What else do you want?
Old 02-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 02-16-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

A stock 1998 GTS traps in the 118-120 range. You definately have a fast car.... but walking a 120mph isnt exactly going to happen with a 115mph car.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

lol dylan pulled him from a roll i pulled dylan from a roll? yeah no chance lol
Yea Jimmy ran 9.3 and Dave raced Jimmy on the highway and beat him by 2 carlengths so I just tell everyone Dave's car is a 8 second ride.

*insert negative comment towards your IQ level*
Old 02-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by stopsign32v
yea jimmy ran 9.3 and dave raced jimmy on the highway and beat him by 2 carlengths so i just tell everyone dave's car is a 8 second ride.

*insert negative comment towards your iq level*
++++++1
Old 02-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by odarabla
Wow you can't be serious? First off you are bench racing! I gave you props on your car!! What else do you want?
he is my friend i will race him any day and win!!!! this whole time you are being a dick!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:06 PM
10 Second Club

++++++1
He was making fun of you Jack ***!! LOL

You sure are a smart feller!!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Talking

He was making fun of you Jack ***!! LOL

You sure are a s,art feller!!
no **** retard im ******* with him too dumb ***
Old 02-16-2010, 06:08 PM
10 Second Club

he is my friend i will race him any day and win!!!! this whole time you are being a dick!!!
I'm not being a DICK amd you will never win against his car!! Come on now you have a cammed bolt on G8 not a cammed bolt on Z06!!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:22 PM
10 Second Club

no **** retard im ******* with him too dumb ***
I vote BAN Just for you being so stupid and cursing like jackass!!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Staging Lane

MaroMan and G8dave: You guys come across as some good guys my age group (39) that just got back into modding cars. Probably had some experience in the past with cars and are now back into it (like myself). Then you run into internet veterans and all around wise asses like StopSign32v and to a lesser extent Odarabla.

I see whats happening and know the frustration you are feeling, so here's the down low on this board: (and most other GOOD boards you will come across, like LS1GTO.com)

First thing first: StopSign and Odarabla are generally correct and some true street racing veterans who know quite a bit about all cars. StopSign in particular. However much I dislike him online, I gotta admit that his breadth of knowledge surpasses mine. If they are telling you something aint gonna happen; it most likely aint gonna happen.

Always check yourself and research before taking the carrot they innevitably dangle infront of you: because they normally have some data or real world experience to back it up- if not actual video evidence.

Second: They are as fallible as the next man, and as opinionated as any person you've probably ever known. Opinionated people get used to spouting off and it leads to arrogance and innaccurate advice sometimes. Sometimes. And for the record, pride aside, I have to admit I'm in that category, too.

Thirdly: You have the freedom to completely ignore them. Don't fall for there bait and they generally will keep from flaming a questionable thread. They've been around forums enough that they only take the "high hanging fruit" which in this case is guys like you and me who get into a indepth argument that they twist and lead to a different conclusion that you will not like when its upon you: exactly like where this thread is going.

Last: IT IS a LS tech board, but don't get turned off by all the pessimists who are allowed to thrash on guys who love LS powered cars and dislike other brands.

There is at least half a dozen guys on here who only own a competing brand -Mustang, SRT8, various imports- and post up on a regular basis whenever there brand is mentioned. It's a good thing. Seriously. Took me a few months of being pissed off about all the non-LSx guys on here before I accepted it. No regrets. However nice it is too have guys that pat you on your back over everything you say, it's not gonna help the hurt when you get stomped by a ... lets say, 98 Viper, after you assured everyone (including yourself) that you could take it. Which leads to the inevitable "It musta had nitrous!" or "there's something wrong with my tune" type self doubts or justifications. RICER justifications. Don't become one of them!

It's best to keep it realistic and have multiple platforms represented. After all, this isn't some nutswinger SVT board where they ban guys for arguing that Cobra's arent invincible is it? Or a import board where you call BS on a kill and they insta ban you because you don't own one of there sacred rice rockets?? Like alot of these guys, been there, argued that, and been banned.

Conclusion: Stick around. Lots of good guys that lurk around and come in with usefull info and out of the blue kill stories. You guys got some nice rides and WE ALL are looking forward to you future videos and races!

PS: Know how to tell StopSign believes he will lose an argument if he questions something? He wont post in the thread. Not even a "Good Kill" comment. --- yeah, I got your number StopSign. Of course, it's also advice everyone else could use. Including especially myself!

Welcome to the board, and looking forward to some more great daylight videos of your races! Too many nighttime vids that are impossible to make out what is really happening....

Last edited by Sticks n Stones; 02-16-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
PS: No how to tell StopSign believes he will lose an argument if he questions something? He wont post in the thread. Not even a "Good Kill" comment. --- yeah, I got your number StopSign. Of course, it's also advice everyone else could use. Including especially myself!
I tried reading this but couldn't make sense of it. I just like to have a good time here. I'm not here to make trouble! Promise.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Staging Lane

Just givin ya **** StopSign. If you keep growing on me like you've been doing, I might even stop disliking you someday... taking all the fun outta it, I tell ya.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:22 PM
10 Second Club

Just givin ya **** StopSign. If you keep growing on me like you've been doing, I might even stop disliking you someday... taking all the fun outta it, I tell ya.
That was very well writen BTW. I wasn't by any means flamming his car! I actually like the G8's and they do run extremly well for what they are but there are times on these threads when you have to pop some guys bubble and let them know that although they do have a bad *** ride it isn't the fastest on the block. Maybe it is good advice to back up and take a look at the situation before getting deffensive about your car. Unless I am proved wrong I still feel like his car in it's current state will not outrun a 98 viper from a roll. Now lets be honest here.

Last edited by odarabla; 02-16-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:28 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

its a 98 you dumb **** they are slow the fastest cam only c8 has bee 11.7 he made 416whp i made more power than him and his car only cut a 1.79 d-bag **** you and your camaro if you dont have anything nice to say dont ******* say it ashole! oh and the viper only made 390
Don't talk to anyone like this. This is your warning.

There is a joking "allowance" between friends here but you have none, yet.

For everyone else, lets keep it up a level.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well if you do decide the annual fee for my fan club is only $50. Act before Feb 28th and you get an extra $20 off. Something to think about...
Old 02-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

That was very well writen BTW. I wasn't by any means flamming his car! I actually like the G8's and they do run extremly well for what they are but there are times on these threads when you have to pop some guys bubble and let them know that although they do have a bad *** ride it isn't the fastest on the block. Maybe it is good advice to back up and take a look at the situation before getting deffensive about your car. Unless I am proved wrong I still feel like his car in it's current state will not outrun a 98 viper from a roll. Now lets be honest here.
First part: Thanks. Second part: I actually agree. Though the first gen Vipers aren't THAT hard to beat nowadays, any 500hp on up Viper will take your lunch money and give you a black eye at the same time.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

The weight difference won't help your case.

I still would not race a Viper from a roll if I was you. If you beat him though, post up a video and shut us up.

I do love G8's. I really do. I've driven the GT and GXP and both are amazing. Used 08-09 GT's with <25k miles can be had for $21,000ish around here. I'm down with that!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Launching!

Ive beat the viper from a roll. It needs a driver mod no doubt about it.

Viper ran 12.7s i believe with a 2.4 60 foot im running 13.0s with a 2.4. Take it to the street and its a little different.

The G8 is a pretty bad car, set the record for fastest bolt on and is looking to set the record for fastest cam only.

Anything we say should be taken as a joke because thats what we like to do.

And to Sticks and Stones, thanks for the kind words and trust me, If its not during the day and not a dig race, me and the g8 hardly run. So look forward to many videos this summer of all day races.

Quick Reply: Badass Cammed Bolton G8