Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Viper vs cobra

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by odarabla
What I am talking about is the guy who will come up to me and ask me to race. When I ask him what he has in the car he says just a cam only car with stock heads but forgot to mention that it's a built 408ci with stock heads and a 200 shot of spray!! I don't lie about what I have. If you ask I will tell you I have H/C/I stock bottom end 346ci.
Well...if your unsure don't race for cash. And remember their is always someone with a faster car. If this said individual would have told you, "ya I'm running a 650 hp machine and My weight is 2600lbs and that's without my spray" Would you have dared to race him?? Sounds more like that guy just didn't tell "all" of his story not that he necessarily lied. It's always best to leave something to the imagination and after a win or loss then get into more details about the build...because after a win/loss is usually apparent who had the better car...
Old 02-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kool_chic2
When i 1st read this i had to laugh. do you realize that a viper and a cobra are both snakes not just the cobra.. but anyway good race not fair but good.
To be biologically correct, Viper is the family of snake that the Cobra belongs to.

And this whole story comes off as really lame. It's like a professional athlete beating a Special Olympics participant. What's the point?
Old 02-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRMach1
And this whole story comes off as really lame. It's like a professional athlete beating a Special Olympics participant. What's the point?
Seriously?! Have you ever seen that happen in real life? It's funny as all hell!!

Also, you haven't lived life until you seen the look on an Olympic weight lifters face when he's going for the money lift and he realizes the "Special Olympics" weight lifters are gonna be spotting him! Now THATS entertainment boys.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:42 PM
11 Second Club

What an absolutely pointless thread.

I agree with pony.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Launching!

HMMM.....GUYS....I UNDER STAND WHERE SOME OF YOU ARE COMING FROM BUT PLEASE HERE ME OUT FOR A SECOND

The first thing I would like to point out is that I didnt try to let him think that he could hang with the Viper...The races were I started in third gear...He was beside me for a few seconds and then got obliterated...

I called him and told him that I had been starting in third and was gonna start in 4th the last run...

before we even did the first race he wanted to go from lower speeds...I explained to him that hitting it in second gear on my Viper is not somthing I want to do on public roads ....Hence why my runs were 3rd gear and on the freeway

The reality is that I have wrecked two vipers being in second gear at 50-70 mph and the hitting it off the third beep while street raceing . Once while raceing a c6Z06 and once while raceing a GTS Viper.....People wreck STOCK 410 rwhp 450 rwt 1996-2002 Vipers ALL THE TIME...The tourque on these things is insane...My Viper is around 500 rwhp and over 500 rwt...

Just isnt worth me posibly loosing it over a car I should take no prblem

So please dont think I was trying to let him think I he was hanging with a viper and that he will tell the story that way ect. and 100 new ricers will be born who think they can hang with a viper...This was not my intent...My intent was self preservation

As to the people saying my kill is lame...I wish I could run in to lambo's ferraris...vettes...vipers....camaros...03 cobras amg mercedes ect. I really wish it happened like that..I saw a new red ss camaro on the freeway and I revved on him 5 times over 3 miles and he wouldnt buldge..I ran into a white 2010 SS camaro (BEAUTIFUL) at a gas station and he was all about cars but didnt want to run...

point is that a cobra kill to me is worthy of a post..Cobra has that history to it IMHO....Some of you run 11's at 117 mph all day or faster...If you ran into a 1992 Viper with 400 crank HP that runs 13.0 at 110 mph...Would you post up about it...sure it never had a chance but their is some history their right

Thats the way I feel about running a cobra..Pretty kool
Old 02-20-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Killemall

The reality is that I have wrecked two vipers being in second gear at 50-70 mph and the hitting it off the third beep while street raceing . Once while raceing a c6Z06 and once while raceing a GTS Viper.....People wreck STOCK 410 rwhp 450 rwt 1996-2002 Vipers ALL THE TIME...The tourque on these things is insane...My Viper is around 500 rwhp and over 500 rwt...
Holy **** i had no idea they are that hard to control. Hard to imagine 325s(i think they come with 325s stock not 100% sure) just not grabbing at all during a second gear punch. Either way thats pretty impressive.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:34 PM
11 Second Club

have to side with Killemall..again guys..this is...STREET racing..when money is on the line its gonna get dirty..especially with no rules like the drag strip
Old 02-20-2010, 05:56 PM

Way to much whiny bitching in this thread.

Good kill, Killemall. It's all about having fun, which you clearly did
Old 02-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Way to much whiny bitching in this thread.

Good kill, Killemall. It's all about having fun, which you clearly did
Thanks
Old 02-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Surprisingly enough, I'm with Killemall on this one guys. Why all the hate? He's got a very nice car and it sounds like he had a good time racing...nothing wrong with that.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:25 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

A kill is a kill, no matter how unmatched it is.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
I love creating scenarios like that! lol

You are so right...There is a guy at work with a 6.0 GTO with full exhaust and a lid. I got the guy thinking he can stay with me....funny as hell.

I have a cousin who is DEAD CONVINCED his auto dead stock 06 Maxima picks up way quicker then my GTO....
Originally Posted by unit213
Surprisingly enough, I'm with Killemall on this one guys. Why all the hate? He's got a very nice car and it sounds like he had a good time racing...nothing wrong with that.
Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
A kill is a kill, no matter how unmatched it is.

I gotta agree with Jay and Unit, nobody put a gun at the Cobra guys head and made him race. The guy even approached Killemalle. I would have handed him his *** also. The only reason I don't race an obvious win is It ain't worth getting caught by the cops for nothing. Anyhow kille a kill is a kill good job>
Old 02-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Launching!

Man...I would love to line up with your mach...Ok line up is the wrong term cause I wouldnt want none of that stalled auto from a dig..But from a roll would be awesome..Bet youve surprised a lot of people with that car...

Any 1/4 mile times/mph
Old 02-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Evil 'Bird

am i suppose to be impressed that a Viper beat a old *** Cobra..?????

how can you be "stoked" about that kill.....its not even a fair race, so pointless....

do u feel like the man now cus ur $60,000 (originally) car beat a slow *** Cobra? come on man
This is exactly the way I felt about this thread.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Why race someone if you aren't going to go all out? That is a waste of time unless you are planning a hustle. And if you can afford to wreck Vipers, buy more, and a NSX then I doubt you are worried about a couple hundred on a street race. So like I said before, if you aren't going to go all out then don't do it. The guy wanted to see what his car would do against your car. Not what his car would do against you ******* around in your car. Just seems dumb..

Oh and good kill, I was on the edge of my seat wondering who would win.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Killemall
Man...I would love to line up with your mach...Ok line up is the wrong term cause I wouldnt want none of that stalled auto from a dig..But from a roll would be awesome..Bet youve surprised a lot of people with that car...

Any 1/4 mile times/mph
I suprise people that really aren't that street smart. The blower whines at idle and with the stall it makes all kind of noise just accelerating normally. From a roll it isn't too bad from like 60 and below. Above that with the 4.10's and the weak OD I either have to rev the **** out of it and stay in third,(Which I will do against a car like yours) or I'll have to let up just before it shifts into OD. On the dragstrip it is a different story. Not my best run but a good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YR1-1t67Q8
Old 02-20-2010, 11:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Why race someone if you aren't going to go all out? That is a waste of time unless you are planning a hustle. And if you can afford to wreck Vipers, buy more, and a NSX then I doubt you are worried about a couple hundred on a street race. So like I said before, if you aren't going to go all out then don't do it. The guy wanted to see what his car would do against your car. Not what his car would do against you ******* around in your car. Just seems dumb..

Oh and good kill, I was on the edge of my seat wondering who would win.
I agree. What fun is it if you just ***** foot it? I have never owned a car that makes over 500rw but it sure seems like it would be a lot more fun just to rip through the gears, at the proper rpm, by yourself on an open road and NOT post about it.

If your afraid of wrecking your car in a street race then why not just go out on an empty road, beat the **** out of it and learn how to drive it?
Old 02-20-2010, 11:54 PM
11 Second Club

^^ Like he said.

Do some "traction mods." I'm not sure what's available for a Viper because I really don't care about them/research them.. but I've seen plenty of fast ones that hook without going from higher rolls.

If you're not able to control it at all in basically stock form from anything but a highway roll, you should probably just sell it before you show up on wreckedexotics again.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Launching!

Guys if you read my other stories you would see that I raced supras/g35's from dead stopps ripping through the gears a couple weeks ago...

I have no problem starting in first gear ect at a stop and getting up to what ever speed..Just two nights ago I did 15 1/4 mile runs with my personal timing equipment..

I just wont hit it hard in second gear at 55 mph in the Viper..Im not even sure if it's worth it or not to do it...Sure it hits amazingly hard...But then you have to shift to third before 75 mph..That shift takes time...And is easily missed...

You guys are takeing the fact that I started in 3rd the wrong way...A Viper in 3rd gear at 55 mph still takes off very hard...The guy was beside me for a few seconds at best and then I just left him....

Im gonna post a graph of my srt10 and friends C6Z06 on the same dyno on the same day..I had intake/roller rockers..he had his exhaust butter fly valve deleted ( continuosly open..

I hit 458/499.....He hit 455/428..But look at the curves on the graph and tell me how much you really think it matters if I hit it at 55 mph in third gear....

The next graph shows a stock SRT10 at various mph in third gear and 4 gear...These cars dont nhave to be in the exact gear to hit hard
Old 02-21-2010, 12:38 AM
Launching!

srt10 in third and 4th gear at various speeds..
Attached Thumbnails Viper vs cobra-498srt_vs_gts_thrust.jpg