Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Viper vs cobra

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Viper vs cobra

HMMMM...Snake taste like chicken...

I was in my 2003 srt10 Viper at work when my buddy says..Hey man I brought the Cobra today...

Went and looked at his car for a bit..It's a late 90's black cobra...Has lil tweaks here and their that he did his self ( guys a capable mechanic who takes that engine in and out at will)...

He said that it was "only" 320 HP..But wanted to run...

We agreed on highway runs from 55-120 mph...

beep Beep BEEP....

I intentionally leave it in third gear even though were going 55 mph and I can hit 58 mph in first gear...From 55-70 mph we stayed side by side...Then as my 3rd gear rpm's rised I started a slow jog that turned into a flat out run..

By 6000 rpm's in third gear (121 mph) I was 10 PLUS cars ahead..

We went again and this time I let him jump out a car but the result was the same..

I called him and asked what gear he was starting in..He said second gear..I explained that I was starting in third gear but for the next run I would start in 4th...

beep Beep BEEP

From 55-65 he pulls a half car....By 75 mph we are dead even..By 80 mph my car proceeds to run away...Again 10 cars PLUS but this time I got up around 130 mph...

Well..I really wish I could run into one of those smaller pulley 2003 cobras that dyno 450 rwhp...maybe would be a race...But none the less..Im still pretty stoked...Any Cobra kill will put a smile on your face
Old 02-20-2010, 10:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice runs and obvious kill. How come you never let him see the real beast though? Guy might go running around thinking he could 'almost' hang with a Viper SRT10. lol
Old 02-20-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Nice runs and obvious kill. How come you never let him see the real beast though? Guy might go running around thinking he could 'almost' hang with a Viper SRT10. lol
I love creating scenarios like that! lol

I have a cousin who is DEAD CONVINCED his auto dead stock 06 Maxima picks up way quicker then my GTO....
Old 02-20-2010, 11:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

again i say.......meanie

Old 02-20-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Killemall
HMMMM...Snake taste like chicken...

I was in my 2003 srt10 Viper at work when my buddy says..Hey man I brought the Cobra today...

Went and looked at his car for a bit..It's a late 90's black cobra...Has lil tweaks here and their that he did his self ( guys a capable mechanic who takes that engine in and out at will)...

He said that it was "only" 320 HP..But wanted to run...

We agreed on highway runs from 55-120 mph...

beep Beep BEEP....

I intentionally leave it in third gear even though were going 55 mph and I can hit 58 mph in first gear...From 55-70 mph we stayed side by side...Then as my 3rd gear rpm's rised I started a slow jog that turned into a flat out run..

By 6000 rpm's in third gear (121 mph) I was 10 PLUS cars ahead..

We went again and this time I let him jump out a car but the result was the same..

I called him and asked what gear he was starting in..He said second gear..I explained that I was starting in third gear but for the next run I would start in 4th...

beep Beep BEEP

From 55-65 he pulls a half car....By 75 mph we are dead even..By 80 mph my car proceeds to run away...Again 10 cars PLUS but this time I got up around 130 mph...

Well..I really wish I could run into one of those smaller pulley 2003 cobras that dyno 450 rwhp...maybe would be a race...But none the less..Im still pretty stoked...Any Cobra kill will put a smile on your face
Uh..ok.
Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
I love creating scenarios like that! lol

I have a cousin who is DEAD CONVINCED his auto dead stock 06 Maxima picks up way quicker then my GTO....
Why? So you like breeding ignorance? Yeah, that makes sense.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Well see this way when the guy tricks out his Cobra and throws spray on it he thinks, "im gona take this guy no problem" and then he runs his Viper all out and makes the guy look like more of a joke and takes his lunch money!! LOL
Old 02-20-2010, 01:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by baalic
Well see this way when the guy tricks out his Cobra and throws spray on it he thinks, "im gona take this guy no problem" and then he runs his Viper all out and makes the guy look like more of a joke and takes his lunch money!! LOL
Yeah and then, in the mean time, the ignorance is spread to the ignorant and then you have a gazillion ricer type people talking about an N/A cobra hanging with a Viper. LIke I said....yeah, that makes sense.

But, As most know on this site, I have issues with ricer/ignorant BS. It only makes this hobby more difficult and (much like this section lately) full of idiots that make the more knowledged base be well, not so willing to share knowledge.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Yeah and then, in the mean time, the ignorance is spread to the ignorant and then you have a gazillion ricer type people talking about an N/A cobra hanging with a Viper. LIke I said....yeah, that makes sense.

But, As most know on this site, I have issues with ricer/ignorant BS. It only makes this hobby more difficult and (much like this section lately) full of idiots that make the more knowledged base be well, not so willing to share knowledge.
And then he has 10 guys with ricer cars who beat the cobra in a race who think they can beat the Viper and yet again more money in the pocket after the bets are made...... It's not ignorant, its economics....and it doesn't make the sport harder at all, let people think what they like and put their money where their mouth is......

((edit I forgot your a Stang guy so this is probably an open wound* to you.....replace above Cobra with Supra for sake of arguments then!! LOL))

Last edited by baalic; 02-20-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65

You said a mouth full there brotha!! Now do you understand why I sometimes get worked up?
Old 02-20-2010, 01:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

nice job mopar man
Old 02-20-2010, 01:50 PM
10 Second Club

And then he has 10 guys with ricer cars who beat the cobra in a race who think they can beat the Viper and yet again more money in the pocket after the bets are made...... It's not ignorant, its economics....and it doesn't make the sport harder at all, let people think what they like and put their money where their mouth is......

((edit I forgot your a Stang guy so this is probably an open would to you.....replace above Cobra with Supra for sake of arguments then!! LOL))
Can I ask what an open would is? Is this some new street talk that I haven't heard yet or something? And I have to side with pony on this one!! Not talking about the OP but people like you are the reason I stopped street racing!! It's called lying!! Why not be honest about your car and let the best man win? I hate the guy who acts all about his ****, says he doesn't spray it but has a hidden sneaky kit under the hood!! WTF
Street racing has become more about who can hide the most **** about there cars and steal the other persons money!! Thats not racing it's cheating!!

To the OP!! Hell of a race my man and 1 hell of a nice viper!! Like I said in the past I would love to hook up with that thing and give it a go!!
Old 02-20-2010, 02:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice race.....although both parties knew the outcome and knew what was under the hood, thats what makes it fun..honesty and horsepower. Good stuff guys....the rest of posts are just crap !!!
Old 02-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

am i suppose to be impressed that a Viper beat a old *** Cobra..?????

how can you be "stoked" about that kill.....its not even a fair race, so pointless....

do u feel like the man now cus ur $60,000 (originally) car beat a slow *** Cobra? come on man

Last edited by Evil 'Bird; 02-20-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by odarabla
Can I ask what an open would is? Is this some new street talk that I haven't heard yet or something? And I have to side with pony on this one!! Not talking about the OP but people like you are the reason I stopped street racing!! It's called lying!! Why not be honest about your car and let the best man win? I hate the guy who acts all about his ****, says he doesn't spray it but has a hidden sneaky kit under the hood!! WTF
Street racing has become more about who can hide the most **** about there cars and steal the other persons money!! Thats not racing it's cheating!!

To the OP!! Hell of a race my man and 1 hell of a nice viper!! Like I said in the past I would love to hook up with that thing and give it a go!!

My browser likes to automatically "fix" typos with what it thinks I meant to say...it has been fixed to "wound" and...

There is NO SUCH THING as cheating when it comes to racing, winning is winning period when it comes to racing unless you crash somone out of a race or sabotage their car. The only people that get but hurt are people who lose their money because they didn't do their homework.... And in this case, Viper vs Old school Cobra.... Seriously now...the outcome was going to be pretty obvious at least the OP tried to help even the odds a little bit...

Just like in Pinks when they give them 10 car lengths, is the one taking 10 car's cheating??? Nope cause that's the race they agreed upon, if he looses cause he gave the guy 10, that's his fault. If you loose to someone because you didn't know they were going to spray or that they had a fully built car, that's your fault and its not cheating. Sandbagging while I admit can be kinda lame, doesn't equal cheating imo. Because if you built a faster car then them it will show period and THAT is what the sport is about, building a faster car then your neighbor not bitching that he cheated because he sprayed...
Old 02-20-2010, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh and street racing has always about who can out hustle who as far as their car is concerned, anyone remember the song "She's my little deuce coupe, you dont know what I got"

Wonder what he's singing about...
Old 02-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Launching!

Lol. I've seen less hostility directed towards people that claim "kills" on sub-200 whp cars.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Evil 'Bird

am i suppose to be impressed that a Viper beat a old *** Cobra..?????

not even a fair race, so pointless....

do u feel like the man now cus ur $60,000 (originally) car beat a slow *** Cobra?
Whats up with all the frustration man. They are buddies that decided to race and Killmall has been itching for a race. It could have been a Civic to manned up to him I don't think it would have mattered!! Calm down man, this is the street racing kill section!!
Old 02-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

When i 1st read this i had to laugh. do you realize that a viper and a cobra are both snakes not just the cobra.. but anyway good race not fair but good.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:30 PM
10 Second Club

My browser likes to automatically "fix" typos with what it thinks I meant to say...it has been fixed to "wound" and...

There is NO SUCH THING as cheating when it comes to racing, winning is winning period when it comes to racing unless you crash somone out of a race or sabotage their car. The only people that get but hurt are people who lose their money because they didn't do their homework.... And in this case, Viper vs Old school Cobra.... Seriously now...the outcome was going to be pretty obvious at least the OP tried to help even the odds a little bit...

Just like in Pinks when they give them 10 car lengths, is the one taking 10 car's cheating??? Nope cause that's the race they agreed upon, if he looses cause he gave the guy 10, that's his fault. If you loose to someone because you didn't know they were going to spray or that they had a fully built car, that's your fault and its not cheating. Sandbagging while I admit can be kinda lame, doesn't equal cheating imo. Because if you built a faster car then them it will show period and THAT is what the sport is about, building a faster car then your neighbor not bitching that he cheated because he sprayed...
What I am talking about is the guy who will come up to me and ask me to race. When I ask him what he has in the car he says just a cam only car with stock heads but forgot to mention that it's a built 408ci with stock heads and a 200 shot of spray!! I don't lie about what I have. If you ask I will tell you I have H/C/I stock bottom end 346ci.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by odarabla
Whats up with all the frustration man. They are buddies that decided to race and Killmall has been itching for a race. It could have been a Civic to manned up to him I don't think it would have mattered!! Calm down man, this is the street racing kill section!!
i realize its a street racing section, and they might of done it just to see the differance , but to me, its a waste of gas to race a car with over 100 LESS HP......

i dont know about you, but i dont even race Civic's or 4 cylinder cars i know i can beat with the T/A...its stupid, unless they are fully built or turbo'd and stand a chance

ill race a 4 cylinder car with MY 4 cylinder Prelude....otherwise who the hell cares that you won with a faster, better, more expensive car...
esp one with 4 MORE cylinders...

or in this case of the Viper vs. the Cobra 2 more cylinders and 100 more HP

just my 2 cents...and im very calm LOL