Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Another honda bites dust

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 06:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the kind welcoming guys. I respect anything that is fast and that gives me respect back, so im not in here to bash or flame anyone, im in here to learn and just to read up on stuff. I'm a forum junkie. I'm a member to a Mercedes Benz, Audi, & Honda forum too...To sum it up i just like cars!

Back to the topic....I would never spend that much money on a Honda Prelude...that is just plain stupid. I've met so many people like that, they just talk alot of **** and a make guys like me look stupid because we get thrown into the same category.

$80K i would rather buy myslef another car. If you do the math he has already spent $100K (includes price of car)... that equals

1. almost 2 Z06
2. Dodge Viper plus left over cash
3. or a used Porsche Turbo

Last edited by h22cvc; 01-04-2004 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-04-2004, 10:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by h22cvc
thanks for the kind welcoming guys. I respect anything that is fast and that gives me respect back, so im not in here to bash or flame anyone, im in here to learn and just to read up on stuff. I'm a forum junkie. I'm a member to a Mercedes Benz, Audi, & Honda forum too...To sum it up i just like cars!

Back to the topic....I would never spend that much money on a Honda Prelude...that is just plain stupid. I've met so many people like that, they just talk alot of **** and a make guys like me look stupid because we get thrown into the same category.

$80K i would rather buy myslef another car. If you do the math he has already spent $100K (includes price of car)... that equals

1. almost 2 Z06
2. Dodge Viper plus left over cash
3. or a used Porshe Turbo
hell yeah... and once i know you know what you are talking about and are cool, you move out of the ricer category... for me anyways...
Old 01-12-2004, 12:04 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 16nrollininaws6
Getting back to topic....if for some strange reason he does have 80 g's into that car, and it only has 400 hp, hes an idiot. He obviously didn't buy the best top quality hamsters to turn the wheels and he didn't invest in the new TURBO 5000 NOS STICKER OF DEATH!!! In all seriousness, if I had 80 g's, and I was going to put it into a car, like mine for instance, with 80 g's I could make the motherfu*ker sprout wings and fly. In conclusion, your friend is definitely full of ****, an idiot, or both. When will ricers learn????? I need a beer...
My best friend has a 00 Civic Si show car with a vortech and other engine work. he hasnt dynoed but went 12.89 @107. He has about 8000 under the hood. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LS1's. Even he will tell you there is no replacement for displacement. Moral of the story: be careful about what you race, cause there are some "ricers" that can beat you.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:08 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

12.87@107 is not bad for a "ricebucket"

BUT, I honestly, really, truly, don't get the sport compact thing. I really don't.
I will never understand the rationale behind the entire trend. It's mind boggling.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

me neither, do people get jollies out of having a slower car to start out with, and find it fun for them to try to spend double or triple than us to make it faster. hell they might spend more than that, and we can still keep in our Back seats, and the rest of our interior!!
Old 01-12-2004, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

my point was that it is pretty damn fast for a ricer. and on top of that, it is a full blown show car. like i said before im not a ricer guy, so dont get upset with me damn it! lol
Old 01-12-2004, 11:42 AM
TECH Junkie

kjmdrumZ3 is a ricer and a bimmer lover to boot. NUKE HIM!!!
Old 01-12-2004, 01:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WECIV
kjmdrumZ3 is a ricer and a bimmer lover to boot. NUKE HIM!!!
OK....an 01 or 02 WS6 in April....exactly how am I a ricer? Because I like NICE cars no matter who makes them? I agree that most jerk-offs with hondas are ricers. however, i'll take american muscle over import weedwackers every day of the week!!!!
Old 01-12-2004, 01:46 PM
TECH Junkie

I thought the Z3 was for the bimmer of that name, I did not see your type of car in your sig. The pro ricer comments were disconcerning, and I was just joking anyway
Old 01-12-2004, 05:15 PM
STF Veteran

Honda makes nothing i'd really be interested in for any sort of performance car, except possibly an integra type R for a "cheap" autocross buildup. That's not to say that I wouldn't want to take a spin in an NSX or maybe a supercharged s2000, given the chance... but neither of them would I buy over the multitude of other options.

Nissan, Subaru, and Mitsubishi all have more enticing options in their current lineup to me, if i was going to buy an import nowadays.

If you dip into mid-90s imports, DSMs, 3000GTs/Stealths, Supras, and my personal favorite the RX-7 would all be up on my list ahead of anything honda had.

I would definatly buy a civic for everyday commuting though. Comfortable, quiet, good gas mileage, and far fewer speeding tickets.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Skarecrow you forgot about Subaru, they have some good stuff.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:47 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by WECIV
Skarecrow you forgot about Subaru, they have some good stuff.
no i didn't. it's #2 on the list.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

Scarecrow....what part of Maryland are you from? Im from AA County
Old 01-13-2004, 04:40 PM
STF Veteran

Welcome to the board kununjdrumM3!
J/K about the name. You gotta take everything with a grain of salt around these parts. Post up some pics of that ride when you get her.
Old 01-13-2004, 04:56 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by kjmdrumz3
Scarecrow....what part of Maryland are you from? Im from AA County
Southern PG county. exit 3 on the beltway.
Old 01-13-2004, 05:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Oops did not see Subaru. I am from Bama you have to bare with me.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:28 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks Phoenix, great to see that most are welcomed here (ahem, Bullitt) lol! Ive been checking out this website for quite sometime now, but just registered since the WS6 is DEFINATELY in the near future. There are alot of people here who know alot of things about the LS1. This is a great place to learn about just about anything you need to know about an F-body. And just for the record, IM NOT A RICER lol.
Scarecrow, once I do get her, we ought to go cruise around or head to a track. Seems that there aren't too many people from our little state on here.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah, welcome to the Zoo. Congrats on gaining a new LS1! yep, like stated before, we are the armpit of LS1tech!
Old 01-13-2004, 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
Dude, please stop spitting your mouth off about random ****. Those little cars can get pretty quick, pretty fast, and pretty cheap. A buddy of mine runs a little civic hatch that pushes alittle over 300 to the wheels.... 2100lbs ... would rip you to pieces. He might say spending 20 grand on a car that only runs 13's is dumb ... stupid domestic guy. Just remember, to each his own ... we're all car guys here, and ignorant comments like that aren't welcome as far as I am concerned.
Holy ****, xphantom has a heart! No way is this the same guy who was giving me hell for the past 3 days. To each his own is exactly what i say, you have to admire those little engines keepin up with v8's. And H22cvc you should stick around these posts, you seem to be a pretty knowledgable guy, and who knows maybe one day we might need some ricer info from you. Seeing as how they throw those big *** turbos on those things, you've got to knwo what your runnin agianst so you odn't look like a dumbass when they guys leaves you behind.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigBronco
me neither, do people get jollies out of having a slower car to start out with, and find it fun for them to try to spend double or triple than us to make it faster. hell they might spend more than that, and we can still keep in our Back seats, and the rest of our interior!!
I think starting out wiht something slow and makin it faster than us gives those guys a rush. The whole ricer thing isn't a real problem where i come from, it's the damned diesels. There are mass amounts od dodge cummings turbo diesels around where i live that think they can bet camaros and trans-ams. I have saw a few take out gt mustangs though, and run with cobras. None 2003 that is because those are bad ***. But anywas, there is this one guy who's said to have nearly 80k in this truck. I've heard of him beating Ls1's and even z06 vettes. I don't really believe the z06 thing though.