Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Another honda bites dust

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 11:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have seen a few diesels in deep 11's. it is possible, and can be attained easily!
Old 01-14-2004, 12:17 AM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by kjmdrumz3
Scarecrow, once I do get her, we ought to go cruise around or head to a track. Seems that there aren't too many people from our little state on here.
I plan on getting to MIR as soon as it opens up in spring, to see what I can run now that I actually know how to launch my car worth a damn. When I got the car late in the fall, the strip was only open for like 2 or 3 more weeks, and I had larger priorities at the time. I've only been to cecil county dragway once, a couple years ago, and didn't run my GT there cause something about that track scared me... something about it didn't seem quite safe.

I would love to find a good road course track to try whipping this thing around (I'm thinking Gran Turismo 3 style), but really I know nothing about that scene.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:35 PM
Teching In

I personally own a Toyota and the reason I didnt start out with a car like a LS1 is that I just dont personally like domestic cars. I have respect for them but I perfer my MR2. I love the feeling of boost. As for the guy in the Prelude, he could spend 80 g's on that engine if he fully built it right, the only problem with that is even if he did go fully bored and forged internals, 3 angle valve job, extensive head work like bronze sleeves, titanium retainers, it is not going to give him more power, just the abbility to run more boost safely. In short, seriously doubt he is squeezing 400 out of a h22. By the way it is fun watching you guys get pissed at ricers, and just so you know if I get beat I don't do a fly by, I stop and give you the thumbs up. Speed on.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:38 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hugmybag
I personally own a Toyota and the reason I didnt start out with a car like a LS1 is that I just dont personally like domestic cars. I have respect for them but I perfer my MR2. I love the feeling of boost. As for the guy in the Prelude, he could spend 80 g's on that engine if he fully built it right, the only problem with that is even if he did go fully bored and forged internals, 3 angle valve job, extensive head work like bronze sleeves, titanium retainers, it is not going to give him more power, just the abbility to run more boost safely. In short, seriously doubt he is squeezing 400 out of a h22. By the way it is fun watching you guys get pissed at ricers, and just so you know if I get beat I don't do a fly by, I stop and give you the thumbs up. Speed on.

Welcome! We have another MR2 guy here also... "25PSI"
Old 01-14-2004, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigBronco
i have seen a few diesels in deep 11's. it is possible, and can be attained easily!
Yeah those diesel guys really **** me off, they make that annoying sound. Plus they can spend like $500 and get like an extra 100hp, i wish it was that easy with my car.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by git_sum
Yeah those diesel guys really **** me off, they make that annoying sound. Plus they can spend like $500 and get like an extra 100hp, i wish it was that easy with my car.
You do, it is called NITROUS!!!!

Also HugmyBag, glad to see you have joined the board, but our other big mr2 guy 25psi has not been here in a while!
Old 01-14-2004, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigBronco
You do, it is called NITROUS!!!!

Also HugmyBag, glad to see you have joined the board, but our other big mr2 guy 25psi has not been here in a while!
Yeah, but i'm not real sure i would trust myself hooking up nitrious, by the time you take your car to a place to get the nitrous installed and the air/fuel ratio exactly right it can get expensive. What we need are some 100 and 1500hp chips like those guys have. I guess maybe thats what the hidden nitrous sticker under the hatch is for huh.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, but i'm not real sure i would trust myself hooking up nitrious, by the time you take your car to a place to get the nitrous installed and the air/fuel ratio exactly right it can get expensive. What we need are some 100 and 1500hp chips like those guys have. I guess maybe thats what the hidden nitrous sticker under the hatch is for huh.
Wow.. that's all I have to say.

If you need to bring your car to a shop to have a dry nitrous kit installed, then you are truely car-illiterate and do not deserve to own a performance/sports/sporty car.

Step away from the vehicle...
Old 01-14-2004, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Super Mario

If you need to bring your car to a shop to have a dry nitrous kit installed, then you are truely car-illiterate and do not deserve to own a performance/sports/sporty car.

Yeah well i'm pretty car-illiterate when it comes to nitrous. No one around here uses nitrous, most people go with superchargers. I've always heard that if not ran at the right air/fuel ratio it can do very bad things, but maybe that's with wet nitrious kits. Please enlighten me
Old 01-14-2004, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah well i'm pretty car-illiterate when it comes to nitrous. No one around here uses nitrous, most people go with superchargers. I've always heard that if not ran at the right air/fuel ratio it can do very bad things, but maybe that's with wet nitrious kits. Please enlighten me
Wet nitrous kits help to get the right air fuel ratio. It's the dry kits that run the higher risk of being off. That's why most dry kits don't come with huge jets. The safest kits from what I've heard are those direct injection kits that run through the fuel injectors. I've also heard they cost an arm and a leg to set up though. All of them are bad news if you aren't getting the right mix though. Anyones please correct me if I'm wrong on that though. I am currently not running any nitrous setup so I go with what I've heard.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by King02SS
Wet nitrous kits help to get the right air fuel ratio. It's the dry kits that run the higher risk of being off. That's why most dry kits don't come with huge jets. The safest kits from what I've heard are those direct injection kits that run through the fuel injectors. I've also heard they cost an arm and a leg to set up though. All of them are bad news if you aren't getting the right mix though. Anyones please correct me if I'm wrong on that though. I am currently not running any nitrous setup so I go with what I've heard.

yep direct port systems cost an arm and a leg...i want one but cant afford it, so i'll have to settle with a ordinary wet system

and which companies do you domestic guys prefer?...because me and my import buddies usually buy the Holley NOS systems

here are some pix of my buddy's system done ourselves...i just want some opinions on what you guys think
Attached Thumbnails Another honda bites dust-nit1-small-.jpg   Another honda bites dust-nit2-small-.jpg   Another honda bites dust-nit3-small-.jpg   Another honda bites dust-nit4-small-.jpg  
Old 01-16-2004, 06:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by h22cvc
yep direct port systems cost an arm and a leg...i want one but cant afford it, so i'll have to settle with a ordinary wet system

and which companies do you domestic guys prefer?...because me and my import buddies usually buy the Holley NOS systems

here are some pix of my buddy's system done ourselves...i just want some opinions on what you guys think
If I was to go with a nitrous system i'd probably go with NX, either that or TNT.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think NX or TNT is what I want to go with if I ever do. I probably won't go spray though. I want to look at ATI procharger setups when I get the opportunity. I want to keep as consistant and constant power as possible all around.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:25 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by Super Mario

SM I found a thread that should help git_sum install nitrous on his car.

Git_sum's personal nitrous manuel
Old 01-16-2004, 01:35 PM
STF Veteran

^^^^^^^^^^
Old 01-16-2004, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i could understand why someone would want to make 800hp out of a 4 cyl toyota race engine...

it's dealing with different style of engine, and kind of a challenge. not dealing with CI but with variable timing and the like, that high stech stuff can be interesting.