Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

The Little 350z that Couldn't

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Little 350z that Couldn't

I just aquired this new Z, yea its older, has more miles, is an A4, and dosent look as good as my SS but, hell, the price was right. Anyway, I think for some reason Im having my midlife crisis at 25 b/c ever since I had this car I have been biting on every car that has even looked at me wrong.

Why just yesterday, this punk kid in a brand new Silver 2004 350z (I like the new rims btw) threw a rev at me on my way home from work. I rolled down the window, and told him that he had a nice car and he just smirked. For some reason that just set me off, so I new I had to put him in his place.

We were on a two lane, but alot of traffic and way too many sheriff's (the station was about 2 blocks away). We left the light and he got on so I gave chase, and just paced him easily to the next light. At the light, I asked him what he had done...Induction and cat-back (smirks again ) I told him what I had done and he just laughed, so I was like ok then lets go. He followed me to a long straight side street that was safe for us to do our business.

Three honks...bye, bye. I mean I know I should smoke him, and I know the 350z are slow..but damn, I left him like he was standing still even while I was spinning By 50mph I had at least 6 cars on him. I asked him after we had finished if he missed a gear or something. Nope. Oh and BTW..no more smirk. Asked if he wanted to go again..."Naaw man I think my clutch is slipping."

Well, it wasent much of a kill but it was fun to knock his punk *** down a notch or two. Needless to say, I am not at all impressed by those Nissans and find myself wanting a greater challange. Maybe a Mach 1 ? I havent seen one in my area yet but I have however seen a few 03 cobras..dont think I got enough for them yet though
Old 01-02-2004, 04:58 PM
12 Second Club

Good Kill
Old 01-02-2004, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice way to wipe the smirk off his face
Oh yeah the clutch was slipping

How come rice drivers will claim that their cars have sooo much more quality than ours and are sooo well engineered, but after a loss it's always some BS mechanical failure that they blame?
Old 01-02-2004, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Roadrunner 45

How come rice drivers will claim that their cars have sooo much more quality than ours and are sooo well engineered, but after a loss it's always some BS mechanical failure that they blame?
Not to mention he probably had 3-4k miles on his clutch.

It's classic really.
Old 01-02-2004, 05:18 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by Roadrunner 45

Yup, my sentiments exactly.
You should have added insult to injury and said "Yeah, my clutch is too!"
Nice kill, BTW!
Old 01-02-2004, 05:57 PM
STF Veteran

LOL Good kill
Old 01-02-2004, 07:48 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think he just didn't know how to drive, had nothing to do with a "slipping clutch." These ricers really amaze me, such stuid excuses.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

For some reason this is the choice car for punks. Where I am from these guys seems to always have something to proove. I like to wave to them as I pass them. Really sets them off.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:22 PM
10 Second Club

yep they get all intimidated by the domestics, especially the ls1's. If they ever won a real legit race, they would brag and it would be all over the net that they beat a ls1. big deal every dog has its day.
Old 01-03-2004, 12:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mod Maniac
I like to wave to them as I pass them. Really sets them off.
Back when I had my v6, a kid in a WRX turbo did that to me. I never forgot it. I found out who the kid was, and annihilated him once I got my Z28. One of the best things that ever happened to me
Old 01-03-2004, 01:09 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Originally Posted by Super Mario
Back when I had my v6, a kid in a WRX turbo did that to me. I never forgot it. I found out who the kid was, and annihilated him once I got my Z28. One of the best things that ever happened to me
Someones got issues .... hehe just kiddin.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

i ran an 03 350Z once....this guy (bout 25-26 years old) was waiting outside the carwash with me...(it was damn cold and its a completely hand carwash for all of you that are about to tear my head off for subjecting the Z to a carwash)...he had a cold air intake and a catback exhaust along with a set of WAY TOO BIG 19 inch Konigs.....

he was shooting his mouth off to about 5 people about his dream car over there (keep in mind this was last year when the 350Z was a relatively rare thing to see on the road). my car came out of the wash grunting, snorting and making all the sounds that your typical muscle car makes.....he saw me looking at it and asked if it was mine...i said yep so he said, o yea i raced one of those a week ago, an SS...quick car, only beat him by about a carlength..... ....ok now im pissed...

i told him that the SS must have been stock or driven by a moron....this got his blood boilinng a bit.....both cars are finished at the same time so he gives me a sarcastic "nice talking to ya" and hops in....we turn out of the car wash and the bloodbath errr battle began....he jumped on me...i jumped on him...finally he honked and we went....at least i guess he went... i couldnt really tell as he got very little very fast in the mirror.... bye bye moron....i never understood why people make those things out to be so amzing....
Old 01-03-2004, 02:59 AM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
yep they get all intimidated by the domestics, especially the ls1's.
Yeah. Ran up on two ricers playing catch up with each other. We all stop at a light, make my presence known , and see the passegers of both cars turn and look. All of a sudden, no one's game.
Old 01-03-2004, 06:56 PM
TECH Resident

I always love it when you interrupt a game of tag between two lawn mowers. They're so sure they got fu*kin rockets but when you try to play they dont wanna play no more ....I feel so left out ....wait....no I dont
Old 01-07-2004, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

"I always love it when you interrupt a game of tag between two lawn mowers. "

Great line!
Old 01-07-2004, 02:55 PM
11 Second Club

more violence against the Nissan owners... Tisk Tisk...
Old 01-07-2004, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol THAT is a cool nissan!

just think of it against owners of Nissan POWERED cars...
Old 01-07-2004, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

shame on you guys. you should know that a stock ls1 will kill a 350z. Hell, I killed a 350z about a year ago when I had my 97TA and it was stock A4.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

well if i had the bronco on a high enough cliff, i think i could out run a 350z. i know i would destroy it in my stang. even with a peg leg *** rear axle!
Old 01-07-2004, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I knew I could beat one, but I didnt think they were THAT slow. I think Ive had more trouble from an Acura Pooptegra (not that it was trouble mind you)

I was sidways off the line, and I was STILL leaving him like he stalled or something.