Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

01 FireHawk vs 04 GT Stang

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 01:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
It did enough it would have handed you your ***.. This one doesn't do as much as the old one without it having a tune and spinning and this one would hand you your ***.

And mine ran 7.2s@96 spinning without a tune in the same DA.. What the **** would make you think we would be a good run in the 1/4? It would get ugly real quick after the 1/8.. You would out 60ft me by a car or so while I was spinning.. I would come by you and proceed to put around 5 on you while having 6mph or so on you by the 1/4 mark.
I know exactly what DA equates for..
With this car (before adding skinnies, getting a tune, etc etc) I ran the same times you run... With you being in a 200DA or whatever and me being in a 2000+DA.. I'm sure we will be dead even......

How about we put a few hundred on it and meet somewhere in the middle? I have no question what my car is capable of, I know the outcome of the race. We can do 1/8 or 1/4, whichever you prefer.
I never said anything about running you in the 1/4. You had a gutted, heads and cam car that had a best of 7.2s and a problem with spinning. And I know you don't live near any but you need to get to some 1/4 mile tracks before you start telling me how many cars your gonna put on me in the 1/4. Your 7.2 pass would probably have been a nice 11.3. Faster than me? Yes. Small chance that you could still finish behind me? Also, yes.

We've been here before. There's not a track halfway, I'm not going there and you're not coming here. You'll just have to brag about your horrible DA and I'll just brag on my #34 spot on the SI list.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WTF is a SI list and whats so great about being ******* number 34 on it?
Old 03-29-2010, 01:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
It's the reason behind my "my **** don't stink" attitude. Don't you read Lemon's posts?
Old 03-29-2010, 01:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
I never said anything about running you in the 1/4. You had a gutted, heads and cam car that had a best of 7.2s and a problem with spinning. And I know you don't live near any but you need to get to some 1/4 mile tracks before you start telling me how many cars your gonna put on me in the 1/4. Your 7.2 pass would probably have been a nice 11.3. Faster than me? Yes. Small chance that you could still finish behind me? Also, yes.

We've been here before. There's not a track halfway, I'm not going there and you're not coming here. You'll just have to brag about your horrible DA and I'll just brag on my #34 spot on the SI list.
And I'm perfectly fine running an 11.1-11.4 in the given DA with no tune and spinning. I think pretty much anybody would be.
I live almost 3 hours from a 1/4 track, kind of dumb for me drive that far to do it. The white car pulled harder at 100+ than it did at 70-90mph.. One plus of not having a stock car. When is the last time you were neck and neck or pulled on a 600CC bike from a 45 roll? The car has insane top end and WOULD have embarrassed your ***, no question about it. It had a faster ET than you have ran to date.. Taking EVERYTHING else out of the equation.... My ET was faster and it had a way faster trap (showing how bad it would have got after the 1/8). If I got to run in a 200 DA the car (not changing anything) would have ran 6.XX easily.
Why are you trying to compare your SI internal car to that car? It would be much more fair to compare it to this car (even though this one would run away from you as well).
How is there any chance in hell I could have finished behind you in any of my cars? PLEASE explain this to me.

If you want to put a nice bit of cash on it, I can drive a bit farther... I don't trust very much that you have the ***** to pay up, but eh.... You know.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Lets do it at ZMAX fellas!
Old 03-29-2010, 01:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm assuming you don't know what is (sorry if I didn't sense sarcasm).

Stock internals.. Absolutely nothing.. There are tons of guys out there that run just as fast and faster than he does that aren't on the list. Why? Because they don't have a 1/4 track to run at.. Same reason neither one of my cars have been on the cam only or H/C lists. I don't give a **** enough about some list to drive 3 hours and I know my cars capabilities so I'm not worried about it.

His thought process is almost on par with ricers.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Are you really that naive (or stubborn or whatever it may be) that you can't admit both of my H/C cars are quicker/faster than your car?
Is it really that bad that a H/C car is faster than a SI car?

I run/did run faster than you in both my cars at a MUCH worse DA.. What the hell is wrong with you?
Old 03-29-2010, 01:28 AM
TECH Junkie

And I'm perfectly fine running an 11.1-11.4 in the given DA with no tune and spinning. I think pretty much anybody would be.
I live almost 3 hours from a 1/4 track, kind of dumb for me drive that far to do it. The white car pulled harder at 100+ than it did at 70-90mph.. One plus of not having a stock car. When is the last time you were neck and neck or pulled on a 600CC bike from a 45 roll? The car has insane top end and WOULD have embarrassed your ***, no question about it. It had a faster ET than you have ran to date.. Taking EVERYTHING else out of the equation.... My ET was faster and it had a way faster trap (showing how bad it would have got after the 1/8). If I got to run in a 200 DA the car (not changing anything) would have ran 6.XX easily.
Why are you trying to compare your SI internal car to that car? It would be much more fair to compare it to this car (even though this one would run away from you as well).
How is there any chance in hell I could have finished behind you in any of my cars? PLEASE explain this to me.

If you want to put a nice bit of cash on it, I can drive a bit farther... I don't trust very much that you have the ***** to pay up, but eh.... You know.
I'm glad that your SOTP meter was dialed in so that your know it would pull harder from blah, blah, whatever. Good for you. I know your don't live near a 1/4 mile, hence the reason I said that.

How could I end up in front of you? Are races always won by the car with the best numbers? Do cars always run the exact same times? It's harder to get a win light in a slower car, but it's not impossible. I think that is the point that you don't get (never did).

Why am I comparing a SI car to a heads and cam car? Maybe because they're only .1 difference in their times. Sounds pretty comparable to me. Even if there was .2 worth of DA. 0.3 isn't that much difference. There are plenty of full bolt on cars (that are actually comparable to me) that have more difference between our times.

You may be faster, but you're not out of my league, like you think that you are.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm assuming you don't know what is (sorry if I didn't sense sarcasm).

Stock internals.. Absolutely nothing.. There are tons of guys out there that run just as fast and faster than he does that aren't on the list. Why? Because they don't have a 1/4 track to run at.. Same reason neither one of my cars have been on the cam only or H/C lists. I don't give a **** enough about some list to drive 3 hours and I know my cars capabilities so I'm not worried about it.

His thought process is almost on par with ricers.
Ah stock internals. Does this mean the stock cam or just the stock pistons/rods/crank?
Old 03-29-2010, 01:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Lets do it at ZMAX fellas!
Zmax is rarely ever open to the public.

Are you really that naive (or stubborn or whatever it may be) that you can't admit both of my H/C cars are quicker/faster than your car?
Is it really that bad that a H/C car is faster than a SI car?

I run/did run faster than you in both my cars at a MUCH worse DA.. What the hell is wrong with you?
I've never said that your car hasn't turned out a faster time than mine.

Ah stock internals. Does this mean the stock cam or just the stock pistons/rods/crank?
It means just bolt ons. Stock heads, cam, anything that oil touches. It's one of the tougher lists to be on. I could be on the heads/cam list myself with my stock ****.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm glad that your SOTP meter was dialed in so that your know it would pull harder from blah, blah, whatever. Good for you. I know your don't live near a 1/4 mile, hence the reason I said that.

How could I end up in front of you? Are races always won by the car with the best numbers? Do cars always run the exact same times? It's harder to get a win light in a slower car, but it's not impossible. I think that is the point that you don't get (never did).

Why am I comparing a SI car to a heads and cam car? Maybe because they're only .1 difference in their times. Sounds pretty comparable to me. Even if there was .2 worth of DA. 0.3 isn't that much difference. There are plenty of full bolt on cars (that are actually comparable to me) that have more difference between our times.

You may be faster, but you're not out of my league, like you think that you are.
Then quit running your ******* mouth about it... 500$... Remember, you might get the win light.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Stock cam/heads/internals.. Intake can be changed... Full bolt on car basically..
Of course weight reduction is allowed..
Old 03-29-2010, 01:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

I think this will get locked up...

I'm glad we didn't race. I would hate to lose to just a bolt on car! Whew!
Old 03-29-2010, 01:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

It means just bolt ons. Stock heads, cam, anything that oil touches. It's not easy to get on one of the lists around here.
BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Not easy? Are you on crack? Any decent running car that goes to a 1/4 mile can get on one of these lists.. I mean seriously... Come on..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...ck-ci-h-c.html

Them even having an 11 second part for H/C cars shows how simple it is.. People can do that in 4000+ DA with a decent setup.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...s-engines.html

Most of the ones in cam only (for whatever reason) are drag cars.. Pay attention to race weights and gearing in those cars. A nice cam only street car can get VERY close to some of those times.
This is also not taking into consideration the DA that people are running in which means a ton... And yes Jon, even though I didn't post up the SI list, it falls in the same category as the rest.

Quit tooting your own horn man.. Nobody ******* cares.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Then quit running your ******* mouth about it... 500$... Remember, you might get the win light.
Regardless of what I say this race will never happen, but feel free to head this way and I'll run you for that. Should be easy money for you.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:49 AM
TECH Junkie

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Not easy? Are you on crack? Any decent running car that goes to a 1/4 mile can get on one of these lists.. I mean seriously... Come on..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...ck-ci-h-c.html

Them even having an 11 second part for H/C cars shows how simple it is.. People can do that in 4000+ DA with a decent setup.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...s-engines.html

Most of the ones in cam only (for whatever reason) are drag cars.. Pay attention to race weights and gearing in those cars. A nice cam only street car can get VERY close to some of those times.
This is also not taking into consideration the DA that people are running in which means a ton... And yes Jon, even though I didn't post up the SI list, it falls in the same category as the rest.

Quit tooting your own horn man.. Nobody ******* cares.
I changed my posts once I actually looked at the H/C list. Which by the way is the one you kept bragging that you could be on.

The other lists are a little harder and you're right you just about have to be a gutted drag car to get anywhere on them.

I do pay attention to the weights and gears. Yet another reason to toot my own 3500+lbs, 3.23 geared horn. If you got it flaunt it.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

dunno what happened.. But if I took a solid axle, 75 shot 04 cobra you will have no problems taking a 2v GT
Old 03-29-2010, 12:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Regardless of what I say this race will never happen, but feel free to head this way and I'll run you for that. Should be easy money for you.
Then I'm not "heading that way".

I changed my posts once I actually looked at the H/C list. Which by the way is the one you kept bragging that you could be on.

The other lists are a little harder and you're right you just about have to be a gutted drag car to get anywhere on them.

I do pay attention to the weights and gears. Yet another reason to toot my own 3500+lbs, 3.23 geared horn. If you got it flaunt it.
I could be on any one of them if I gave a ****, but I don't.

In that since, yea you should... But it is kind of hard to toot it to cars that are faster than you.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 206 Likes on 125 Posts

damn guys yall blew it out of site lol
Old 03-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by madmike9396
damn guys yall blew it out of site lol
Stupid people shouldn't talk **** to Mustangs they can't handle.