Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

evo whimps out

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default evo whimps out

well last night i was up at hooters and there was a car and bike show so i see a couple of lancer evos sitting there so i roll up in my 99 Trans Am. i start talking to these guys and they say there cars run low 12s im thinking great finally a quick import to run. well i see if he wants to run them i never said anything about my car. he responds by saying "Let me show what imports do to V8s. im thinking ok buddy. we go to get in our cars and he hears mine crank up LTs with SLP Loudmouth I. he runs over to my car and proceeds to tell me he doesnt want to run anymore because my car was too loud. i was thinking you heard me pull up i know. well time passes and everyone breaks off in there own way i follow the two evos and they turn around to race im like yesssss. so i pull up too we are 3 wide. and this guy begins to call me a loud *** motherfu****. uncalled for and really just ignorant person but what can you do. really are you that worried about it its not like two evos with exhaust are not loud. so i take it as they wanna have a little four banger party. so i begin doing a nice LOUD smokey burnout all the way down the road. i dont think imma be stopping to talk to any more imports. thanks for listening
Old 04-07-2010, 10:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember the first LS1 car I tried to race. This was about 6 years ago. I had BBK shorties and a Flowmaster catback. In rolls this stock sounding LS1 Camaro to the spot we used to race at. I say to the guy, hey want to race my Camaro? Its a LT1 car. Guy says sure, I think great I get to run my first LS1 car finally, see how it goes. I fire up the car and go to line up. His friend runs over and I got the same excuse, "Oh that is really loud, he doesn't want to run anymore." I laugh when I tell my friends there this, I go that car should crush me, its funny he backed down due to "sound".
Old 04-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Banned

Whatever you do just don't have a nitrous setup in plain view or any Nitrous brand sticker on the back of your car. Then they will think you used spray to beat them. Learn that just from reading the forums. Typical rice though...
Old 04-07-2010, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

My previous third gen had a mild cam 305 that was only good for about mid 14's, but it had headers, y'd and dumped right behind the front passengers side tire. I had more than a few people forfeit potential races because they thought they were getting in over their heads.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im gonna go run up open headers on the blown viper around here. he better be scared!
Old 04-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Staging Lane

it is pretty loud i must say it just some LTs with SLP loudmouth resonators dumped so i guess when he heard it he knew he was about to lose and didnt want to because i was the the only v8 car i saw.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

He sounds like the typical ignorant car owner.
You kind of proved his claim though, don't you think? LOL.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

Thats why my cobra sounds quiet as hell I love that, I usually tell people oh yea its a GT with a cobra body kit etc.. We run they hear the whine and Im gone :X
Old 04-08-2010, 04:48 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Why the f**k do people get so worked up about losing. I mean, you win some, you lose some-there'll always be someone better, faster, whatever than you are. Next time I pull up to a Ferrari or a 'Lambo at a light I'll try to run it just to show all the cry babies out there that it don't mean a goddamn thing and that your mommy will still love you in the morning even if you do lose...
Old 04-08-2010, 05:31 AM
Banned

I love how you ended it with a nice smokey burnout.

The kid is the evo sounds like a Bumm, sounds like he didnt know **** about cars and his eveo was most likely cat-back only. lol
Old 04-08-2010, 09:20 AM
TECH Regular

Nice Kill ... First i ever heard of from just exhust
Old 04-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ocala93TA
Nice Kill ... First i ever heard of from just exhust
I witnessed it happen to a friend of mine with an 00 SS years ago. He had some super loud exhaust (4 square tips in the middle). A guy in a 2valve was jumping at him until he revved back. Funniest thing I had seen in a while.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:00 AM
Hak
Teching In

Good sound kill OP hehe. As others have stated...just goes to show that they're noobs. Sound means nothing, more of personal choice on how one wants their car to sound.

slow78z28: I don't tell people I have a GT, but I do say I only have a Mustang. Then they assume. A Cobra is a Mustang after all, hehe.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:10 AM
Teching In

i had this happen with my mom dad and sister in my car. all i have is flowmasters. some ricer in a civic rolled up next to me on the highway and revved it up so i gave him a taste of the ls1 and that was that.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fbodygod
well last night i was up at hooters and there was a car and bike show so i see a couple of lancer evos sitting there so i roll up in my 99 Trans Am. i start talking to these guys and they say there cars run low 12s im thinking great finally a quick import to run. well i see if he wants to run them i never said anything about my car. he responds by saying "Let me show what imports do to V8s. im thinking ok buddy. we go to get in our cars and he hears mine crank up LTs with SLP Loudmouth I. he runs over to my car and proceeds to tell me he doesnt want to run anymore because my car was too loud. i was thinking you heard me pull up i know. well time passes and everyone breaks off in there own way i follow the two evos and they turn around to race im like yesssss. so i pull up too we are 3 wide. and this guy begins to call me a loud *** motherfu****. uncalled for and really just ignorant person but what can you do. really are you that worried about it its not like two evos with exhaust are not loud. so i take it as they wanna have a little four banger party. so i begin doing a nice LOUD smokey burnout all the way down the road. i dont think imma be stopping to talk to any more imports. thanks for listening
No cam, no stall, no spray no stickies???? AND 4.10's? Hmmmmmm... Sounds like a Yule Brenner maker to me...
Old 04-10-2010, 02:01 AM
Restricted User

This is funny because I just got my cutout put on today and I feel like I have 400 hp lol. People usually wanna race me. Well today I revved at a like 2 mustangs, a ws6, and a hemi pickup. You get alot of thumbs up lol, but you can tell sound does intimidate (SP)? alot of people. Another example was when I had my cammed lt1 camaro I revved it at a ls1 trans am and I see a grin on his face and he reved the **** out of it and it sounded MEAN, anyways I just kept on going lol. I seen that car today in the city nearby where I live and I was smart I didn't race it and embaris myself because it was camming pretty hard. Although If I could go back I would race it just to see how fast it was.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Launching!

I love getting all the little honda guys fired up around my town then when they decide they want to race i open up my cutout and give it a few good revs when we line up, the looks on their face is priceless.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:16 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by z99ls1
intimidate (SP)?
Very nice

Originally Posted by z99ls1
embaris
:facepalm:
Old 04-14-2010, 01:59 PM
TECH Resident

Old 04-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nickate
No cam, no stall, no spray no stickies???? AND 4.10's? Hmmmmmm... Sounds like a Yule Brenner maker to me...
waiting for heads and cam the some slicks and spray like your train of thought though