Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GT3 meets 09 CTS-V for a game of chase

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Lol! There is no hating at all. The owner now says he could take a 600 on a top end run. Well duh! A good number of readers of this thread could do pretty good against a 600 from a 130mph start. Big deal.

Who started at 130? Think less ricer, more real world "modern power". Your trapping 111 right?.. With all do respect, I could see how you MIGHT not get what a car trapping 120's+(almost 130's) in the 1/4,... could do from a 75-80mph roll against one of your bless'ed 600's.

My old 450 rwhp setup in my vette,...would hang with a 600 on ANY roll,.. then it would quickly start pulling away(my vette would). Yes, the vette has much more going for it but, the concept is there. Wouldn't you agree the weight, bares less of an effect at terminal speeds?Well,.. the same would apply for a high horsepower 4 door cadillac, with more power then your realizing. Aren't you considering that the motorcycle is an aerodynamic hinderance when traveling through the air? As in,.. they're aero isn't good up top.

Not trying to talk **** with you,...I could really care less to butt heads with you on some slow *** 600cc bike. I can say that,..cause I have walked countless ones over the last several years. This pig of a cadillac, will do the same eventually. All in all,...this is a luxary 4 door,.. and we're not building it to street race,.. simply to have fun,..do well in the mile,... and look refined doing it.

Furthermore:

Until you start beating bikes,..you'll be like everyone else that is a naysayer. Until you actually do it, and see for yourself,.. you'd see bikes can be beaten very easily. Until then,...be in disbelief. Non of my concern to educate the blind.

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Fact is Deuuuuce, the 600 WILL lose steam at 125-235mph. The V would STEAMROLL it on the highway.

Did you sell the turbo FRC??? That car was ******* wicked.

What all is done to the V?
What up Sarge?....

Didn't sell the TT FRC... took it apart,..sold the motor, aquired a larger displacement LS2 block fully built,... trick flow 235's,.. 160lbs injectors, magnafuel xl750,...new intake,.. and about double the boost I was running previous. e85 will be the fuel. Trying to buy the last couple of parts to put the motor in but,...soo busy with these other projects, my car has taken the back burner for some time now.

Soon,... it will be back out brother. I truly can't wait. It will look alot different too. Aero treatment...some war paint,..etc. Should be ready to kill everything. Looking to break the Corvette standing mile record worldewide.

If we can't do it in my FRC,.. we'll do it in my cousins larger cube'd,.. soon to be larger turbos Z06. Then in two years,.. we'll be back out to shoot for the overall standing mile record for a street car.

Thats my goal hommie. And thats where the vette has been. Alot of money,.. alot of time... more to come,...more to spend... it seems never ending. About to bust out my AR and start blasting the thing sometimes but,..i'm being patient.

Soon.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Sounds like a lot of Fun J !

It was pretty cool man. Big caddy,.. little uber porsche. Only thing that would have made it better,..was if there was some banging hot chick driving it.

Originally Posted by LSWONGTO
The new CTS-V is so awesome. I would love to have one!!!
I have had the opertunity to drive many many cars from all around the world. Expensive cars,.. fast ones,.. you name it.

The 2nd gen V,.. is one of the absolute BEST cars I have ever driven. Truly wicked car. Wolf for sure-

Originally Posted by odarabla
Why you hating man? You have no clue what kind of power this car is making or what it traps in the 1/4 but will sit there and argue with the guy about how fast the car is or what it is capable of? Sounds like you don't want to believe the potential of this car! Seeing as how a regular H/C/I F-body will be a good run for a stock 600cc bike, I don't see any reason this guy couldn't outrun one. I've seen some 600cc bikes only trap 116-118 in the 1/4. Some of the newer ones have gone 120+ but still a manageable # for this car to handle. Stop all the hate man and try giving some credit where credit is do. OP About how much power is this car making?

The world is occupied of people that simply don't want to believe something because of what they THINK. One day,... he'll learn.

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Doesn't the v trap around 115 to 117 stock? Makes complete since for it to even stay close to a 600cc bike from a slow roll.. I believe he said that its around 550+whp on another thread that he started a few weeks back... should have him trapping around 122 to 124mph in the 1/4 and 185mph+ in the standing mile

Bingo.

If we were at a titty bar, i'd buy you a lap dance.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree with Deuuce, or however he spelled it. A new CTS-V would get its **** pushed in by a new 600. My SS dynoed 665 rwhp and I would have trouble with newer 600's fro ma roll.

Older 600s, like mid 90s, trapped under 120 mph. Newer ones are closer to 130, of course 800 pound retarded riders dont count.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
What up Sarge?....

Didn't sell the TT FRC... took it apart,..sold the motor, aquired a larger displacement LS2 block fully built,... trick flow 235's,.. 160lbs injectors, magnafuel xl750,...new intake,.. and about double the boost I was running previous. e85 will be the fuel. Trying to buy the last couple of parts to put the motor in but,...soo busy with these other projects, my car has taken the back burner for some time now.

Soon,... it will be back out brother. I truly can't wait. It will look alot different too. Aero treatment...some war paint,..etc. Should be ready to kill everything. Looking to break the Corvette standing mile record worldewide.

If we can't do it in my FRC,.. we'll do it in my cousins larger cube'd,.. soon to be larger turbos Z06. Then in two years,.. we'll be back out to shoot for the overall standing mile record for a street car.

Thats my goal hommie. And thats where the vette has been. Alot of money,.. alot of time... more to come,...more to spend... it seems never ending. About to bust out my AR and start blasting the thing sometimes but,..i'm being patient.

Soon.
Not a whole lot man. Haven't seen you post in a long while.

Sounds like a sick *** setup. You should bring that slow bitch to Goliad, TX for the Texas Mile so I can see it run

I know all too well the feeling of blowing a car to a million pieces. It can be frustrating as hell but the awesome feeling of getting some rubber on your back fenders and your foot nailing the floorboard is hard to beat.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
I agree with Deuuce, or however he spelled it. A new CTS-V would get its **** pushed in by a new 600. My SS dynoed 665 rwhp and I would have trouble with newer 600's fro ma roll.
I dunno what was wrong with your SS then unless it involved user error. My old Cobra hung right with several decently ridden 600 when I was only pulley/ported blower.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:20 PM
10 Second Club

I dunno what was wrong with your SS then unless it involved user error. My old Cobra hung right with several decently ridden 600 when I was only pulley/ported blower.
I'm sure he meant 665 rear wheel pony power not Horse power!! Big difference there!!
Old 05-22-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by necrocannibal

Older 600s, like mid 90s, trapped under 120 mph. Newer ones are closer to 130, of course 800 pound retarded riders dont count.
....665rwhp is more then enough to walk a 600cc bike. Again,..450rwhp vette,..I would pull 600's. Not random ones,.. friends that I know,..friends that can ride a motorcycle.

You where either having issues on the hit,..or some other sort of problem dude.

Not a whole lot man. Haven't seen you post in a long while.

Sounds like a sick *** setup. You should bring that slow bitch to Goliad, TX for the Texas Mile so I can see it run

I know all too well the feeling of blowing a car to a million pieces. It can be frustrating as hell but the awesome feeling of getting some rubber on your back fenders and your foot nailing the floorboard is hard to beat.
Definant plans to get to texas once the cars are capable. Without a doubt bro. One of these days.

werd.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know what's going on next Sunday with the trick bikes next Sunday? Supposed to be about 2k+ stunt bikes in the DFW area for some underground stunt riding on the street! I just talked to a buddy and offered to be one of the camera cars that will be filming the stunt bikes.. my buddy is gonna have about 6 cameras attached to his truck for the runs...
Old 05-23-2010, 10:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sounds like alot of chaos.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

This is the original statement which granted, needs to be qualified regarding the starting speed.

.... no doubt, this thing will probably pull on a 600cc bike....with 4 doors.
And

. I know for a fact, this V, will beat a 600. I base everything off the standing mile.
Better to base everything on trap speeds and 60-130mph times because then a lot of us would beat 600s simply based on terminal velocity.

Otherwise for recent 600cc bikes, no:

Honda CBR600RR 11.10 @ 128.99 mph
Kawasaki ZX-6R 11.11 @ 133.74mph
Suzuki GSX-R600 11.11 @ 132.33 mph
Triumph Daytona 675 11.30 @ 133.25 mph
Yamaha R6 11.25 @ 134.11 mph

Last edited by Deuuuce; 05-23-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

cool...

they all hit brick walls at those speeds,... this car doesn't my friend.

Not trying to say this will beat one in a standing 1/4.... but,... in a 1/2 a mile,... or a good roll race,.. these big four doors, ar impressive. You have to give the big car credit,... agreed not all will do well...most will get beaten by the bike but,..these cars Do have serious potential...

So,..typically, yes, your 600s will win but,..with mildly decent, refined mods,..I think even you will be impressed with the capability of this platform.

Drive one and see.