Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.slow fox vs contour SVT (video)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 08:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL nice kill. That video was hilarious I'm like hearing all this noise and saying all right go go go. When are they gonna freakin start racing? Then holy **** the end of the video.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

arent those contour svt some decent road course cars? i mean for what they are. i heard they hug turns fairly well
Old 04-15-2010, 08:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
LOL nice kill. That video was hilarious I'm like hearing all this noise and saying all right go go go. When are they gonna freakin start racing? Then holy **** the end of the video.
the cameras pretty decent, but that fox made quite a bit of noise for being stock. i kinda held it a little out the window and got extra wind noise. but hey, we eventually got up to some good speeds!

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
arent those contour svt some decent road course cars? i mean for what they are. i heard they hug turns fairly well
we went out in the twisties one day and it did pretty damn well id say. for FWD, id say its damn good for 10+ years old.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WSsick
come around STL, they seem to pop up all the time, cheap sometimes too. another friend of mine bought a black notch 5 speed last year for cheap. stock

i think hed be high 13s. were setting up a run with a stock auto lt1 so that should see how close hell be.
This man speaks the truth. I live in the St. Louis area, and the place I worked at for the last year before going back to school was a small family owned auto repair place. They have a regular customer there with I believe an 89 convertable 5 speed. I kid you not this thing has 19k miles on it. The paint is kind of faided because it sits outside, but the interior is mint, it runs flawlessly and only comes in for inspections and oil changes.