Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Dig to 140mph: LS2 A4 GTO vesus SRT8 Charger

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010 | 09:04 PM
Launching!

Wow dude yall are way off. Thats cool tho, i thought i knew it all til i test drove a couple SRT8's and realized that they pull just as hard as my LS1 F-bods ever did. What mods on the GTO? Gimme about 5 seconds and ill post a timeslip and a vid of my SRT8 300C staying dead nutz even w/a 6spd LS2 GTO that had mickey thompson e/t streets headers, cai and a diablo. We ran twice. The first was ***** to the wall all the way and the second was a blowout since he was so nervous to lose to a 300C. The only reason he edged me out was because i had Nitto 420S tires (crappy) and blew em off on the 1,2. When i peddeled it he caught me. I had diablo cold air and catback at the time so he slightly out modded me. Kinda like when i talked crap about the new LS3 Camaro because i saw a few run slow at the local track. Then i test drove one and realized that they have KILLER top end for a stock powerplant. Dont base your opinion of a car on how you saw one or two run at the track one night. Go to the SRT forums or find someone locally that does some racing with a 6.1 You might ...no, WILL, be suprised. My bolton SRT traps a faster MPH than my bolton LS1's did and thats with an extra 350-400lbs. Keep thinkin your an SRT killer and someone might be posting a vid like this of you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njMoFFPOigk

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=62913428

Last edited by SSickLS1; 04-19-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 04-19-2010 | 10:43 PM
12 Second Club

c'mon SSickLS1, everyone knows SRT-8s are slow boats and will never beat anything.
Old 04-19-2010 | 10:54 PM
Staging Lane
10 Year Member

SRT'S are pathetic!! I mean check out this charger it only runs 9.4's in the 1/8 mile!!.................Oh wait that was the 1/4!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz9lypuZCdg
Old 04-19-2010 | 11:16 PM
Staging Lane
10 Year Member

Id honestly have to say if my cammed (baby cam,check out the specs in my sig),header,and stalled full weight charger can run neck and neck with a heavily cammed,header,stalled,ported manifold,ported tb,pullied c6 vette it sure as hell can run with any similiary modded anything lsx be it a gen5,fbody,older ctsv,g8's, or goats.

On this pass I clocked an 11.85 to his 11.7x. The only reason he was as far out on me as he was is becuase i sleept at the light and he redlighted. If we both would have cut the same light it would have been a photo finish.

I have since got some front runners and did a few other minor things to the car and it is DEEP into the 11's na with just a baby cam. I have a 175 shot on it but last time I tried to spray I was breaking **** left and right. As soon as I get some axles this 4500lb pig will be WELL into the 10's with stock untouched intake and heads. Yall keep thinkin these new mopars dont run and u will eventually run into someone like me that will give u a good reality check. Even if i dont win you will still respect how hard this heavy pig runs.
Heres some video for your enjoyment. I *** in peace! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfS5827aACc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAx_cy45TO4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3RFBd4lfCg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJi4Ysqs0kY
Old 04-20-2010 | 07:38 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
My post was complete and pure sarcasm. Ive owned numerous LSx cars with a few of them being in the 600 rwhp.
myself there i was pretty off my game yesterday. wont happen again. usually im bitching at people for missingobvious ****, now whos the idiot?
10 Second Club

LOL at a cammed,stalled, full bolt on C6 only going high 11s, that is horrible. And sounds to me like you SRT owners are preaching the same gospel the GTO owners preach when they get called slow heavy pigs.
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WSsick
myself there i was pretty off my game yesterday. wont happen again. usually im bitching at people for missingobvious ****, now whos the idiot?
Its all good.........
Old 04-20-2010 | 07:43 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
SRT'S are pathetic!! I mean check out this charger it only runs 9.4's in the 1/8 mile!!.................Oh wait that was the 1/4!!!
irrelevant video/post.

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
Id honestly have to say if my cammed (baby cam,check out the specs in my sig),header,and stalled full weight charger can run neck and neck with a heavily cammed,header,stalled,ported manifold,ported tb,pullied c6 vette it sure as hell can run with any similiary modded anything lsx be it a gen5,fbody,older ctsv,g8's, or goats.

On this pass I clocked an 11.85 to his 11.7x. The only reason he was as far out on me as he was is becuase i sleept at the light and he redlighted. If we both would have cut the same light it would have been a photo finish.

I have since got some front runners and did a few other minor things to the car and it is DEEP into the 11's na with just a baby cam. I have a 175 shot on it but last time I tried to spray I was breaking **** left and right. As soon as I get some axles this 4500lb pig will be WELL into the 10's with stock untouched intake and heads. Yall keep thinkin these new mopars dont run and u will eventually run into someone like me that will give u a good reality check. Even if i dont win you will still respect how hard this heavy pig runs.
Heres some video for your enjoyment. I *** in peace! lol

http:/7aACc
hh?v=RAx_cy45TO4
http://g
http://www.yo0kY
i believe they can be fast, its a good ol' big displacement pushrod V8. but in stock form, i dont think they are too formidable, considering what happened when i raced one when i was stock as well
Old 04-20-2010 | 09:01 AM
Staging Lane

LOL at a cammed,stalled, full bolt on C6 only going high 11s, that is horrible. And sounds to me like you SRT owners are preaching the same gospel the GTO owners preach when they get called slow heavy pigs.
+1

Now to the Hemi crowd that apparently got called into my thread to chastise me for thinking I'm a SRT8 killer:

If you doubt that my car cannot kill ANY full weight, CAI, tune, catback SRT8 with my mods than let me know. Got at least a dozen of them in the parking lot at work right now: raced half of them already- but I can go track down the other half and get it on video if you want. ??

Now stalled, tuned, headers? Different story. Another guy I know who works down the street (also works at Boeing) has a full bolton, stalled, slick equipped SRT8 Charger (I think it was a Super Bee? Been awhile since I saw the pics) that supposedly runs 12.2 on street tires, 11.8 on slicks. He has refused to race me anywhere but Bremerton raceways (2 hour drive away) for some reason. Maybe one of you hemi guys knows him? He mentioned a couple hemi and SRT8 sites that he visits regularly? Maybe egg him into running me from a roll and dig? I'll throw my stall in to even things up.

He supposedly just bought a TVS2300 and thinks he's gonna hit mid 10's after he installs it: I think he's gonna hit the parts department at Dodge as everything behind that engine is gonna start breaking. lol You guys might just know him?

Or just find another full bolton SRT8 up here: there is literally tens of thousands of SRT8's running around Washington State: someone has to know someone up here.
Old 04-20-2010 | 03:54 PM
Staging Lane
10 Year Member

His 11.7 was @ 124mph with a 2.0 short time. Now you do the math if say he would have had 1.5-1.6 short time. Wouldnt say its pathetic. I had a 1.74 short time which isnt great but not nearly as bad as him also i trapped 117 that night. I will be the first to tell you that if he would have cut a good 60 he would have beat me pretty bad.

With my cars current set up if we were to run again and cut the same 60 it would be another photofinish. And i have done nothing new to my engine same lil baby cam with stock heads.
Old 04-20-2010 | 03:59 PM
Staging Lane
10 Year Member

irrelevant video/post.
though it may not be dead on what were talking about it surely isnt totally irrelevant. were talking about a srt charger that got beat (that i totally believe btw) then it kinda got turned into srt's really arent that fast and cant be made to go fast. so i preceded to post a video of a charger running some low 9's. it is somewhat relevent imo.
Old 04-20-2010 | 04:09 PM
Staging Lane
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
+1

Now to the Hemi crowd that apparently got called into my thread to chastise me for thinking I'm a SRT8 killer:

If you doubt that my car cannot kill ANY full weight, CAI, tune, catback SRT8 with my mods than let me know. Got at least a dozen of them in the parking lot at work right now: raced half of them already- but I can go track down the other half and get it on video if you want. ??

Now stalled, tuned, headers? Different story. Another guy I know who works down the street (also works at Boeing) has a full bolton, stalled, slick equipped SRT8 Charger (I think it was a Super Bee? Been awhile since I saw the pics) that supposedly runs 12.2 on street tires, 11.8 on slicks. He has refused to race me anywhere but Bremerton raceways (2 hour drive away) for some reason. Maybe one of you hemi guys knows him? He mentioned a couple hemi and SRT8 sites that he visits regularly? Maybe egg him into running me from a roll and dig? I'll throw my stall in to even things up.

He supposedly just bought a TVS2300 and thinks he's gonna hit mid 10's after he installs it: I think he's gonna hit the parts department at Dodge as everything behind that engine is gonna start breaking. lol You guys might just know him?

Or just find another full bolton SRT8 up here: there is literally tens of thousands of SRT8's running around Washington State: someone has to know someone up here.
I understand you were probably exaggerating a little bit but just go do some research on how many TOTAL srt's were produced in the last 5 years, and i promise you there arent 10's of thousands of them in any one city, or state for that matter.

Im not doubting you beat that charger or any other srt. You probably just have one of those ones just like i have one of those ones and probably none of those srt's u raced were one of those ones. I will tell you this my racing history against GTO's is exactly the same as yours, from when my car was a bolt on car to what it is now i have NEVER lost to a GTO. And i have raced dozens also. Now have i blown everyone ive raced doors off? no,not sayin that at all. Its kind of strange cause whenever i do run up on a GTO it always seems to have very similiar mods. When i was bolt on ever gto i raced was bolt on. Now that im cammed ive raced a few h/c GTO's and boy they all were some pretty good races. but the funny part is the hardest running GTO i ran against was a CAM ONLY M6 LS2 and we were dead nutts even from a 40-140. He did say he took some weight out of his car probably why it ran so hard!
Old 04-20-2010 | 04:16 PM
TECH Regular

Good kill, but the chargers are the slowest of all srt8s.
Old 04-20-2010 | 04:56 PM
Staging Lane
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS

FYI fastest LX is that orange CHARGER i just posted a video of...
Old 04-20-2010 | 05:16 PM
TECH Regular

I'm talking stock.
Old 04-20-2010 | 05:35 PM
Staging Lane
10 Year Member

I'm talking stock.
being there all on the same exact platform it would have to be dictated by weight. 300's are the lightest then chargers then magnums.... its pretty simple physics...
Old 04-20-2010 | 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

And yet the Magnum is heavier and on any given day a 300 depending upon options and gas in thank weighs the same.
Old 04-20-2010 | 06:26 PM
12 Second Club

the 300 is the lightest thats news to me.

and just so you know, id love to own any srt8, i could care less which. random question, can you swap the srt8 (or r/t) challengers manual tranny in any other srt8?
Old 04-20-2010 | 06:53 PM
Staging Lane
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
And yet the Magnum is heavier and on any given day a 300 depending upon options and gas in thank weighs the same.
True statement
Old 04-20-2010 | 06:59 PM
Staging Lane
10 Year Member

the 300 is the lightest thats news to me.

and just so you know, id love to own any srt8, i could care less which. random question, can you swap the srt8 (or r/t) challengers manual tranny in any other srt8?
Yes you can. Basically All that needs to be done in the Diablo CMR software is turn off the parameter that looks for the tcm, theres a lil more to it than that but u get the idea.

Quick Reply: Dig to 140mph: LS2 A4 GTO vesus SRT8 Charger