Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Dig to 140mph: LS2 A4 GTO vesus SRT8 Charger

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 07:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry i have offended ur car but so far thats been my experience

Last edited by AWDTBSS; 04-20-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Man Sticks, you kicked up a **** storm.
I watched the drubbing he put on the SRT8 Charger. The liscense plate on the black charger was - SNISTER- or something along that line. It was black, dirty *** hell, had 20"+ plus flat black rims and really dark tinted windows.

Sticks pulled about a car and half through the intersection ( 2 lanes each way= large) then held that until he hit about 45, then pulled about 3 more ( must have been just after going to drive?) then pulled another 1 - 1.5. I had a pretty good veiw, 6 - 7 cars was the gap at the end. The blonde kid pulled off to the right side of Maple Valley HW, then flipped a U turn. He didnt look happy. He did have a passenger in the car with him, but Sticks is a LARGE guy and I would put money on the fact the combined weight of the two was close to Stick's personel weight.

The track times Sticks mentioned was for Challengers. I dont recall seeing any Chargers, Magnums or 300's. The Challenger boys sure talked alot, then they made passes. I was hoping to see better numbers from them but man, it didnt happen. There was one black SRT8 Challenger that had a SC on it, but he was running in the same class as us ( sportsman) and was just behind us in the staging lanes so we didnt see what he ran.

I am not ripping on Challengers, would love to own one, but from what I've seen they just arent that fast. I am sure they accept boltons well, hell, the hemi is a LSX engine with alot of advertising behind it.

JMHO and observations.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
sorry i have offended ur car but so far thats been my experience
no offense taken, i know my car runs hard as **** for the mods it has. i could care less what other chargers run. i was just stating the facts about the vehicles and weights.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by IROCDave
I am sure they accept boltons well, hell, the hemi is a LSX engine with alot of advertising behind it.

JMHO and observations.
I hve heard this before but never asked why. So im not disagreeing with you but im really curious to why you and others say this??? As far as im cocerned any ole pushrod is pretty similiar to one another, the thing that sets them all apart is the heads. Now a LSX head and our wannabe "HEMI" head couldnt be more different. School me.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
His 11.7 was @ 124mph with a 2.0 short time. Now you do the math if say he would have had 1.5-1.6 short time. Wouldnt say its pathetic. I had a 1.74 short time which isnt great but not nearly as bad as him also i trapped 117 that night. I will be the first to tell you that if he would have cut a good 60 he would have beat me pretty bad.

With my cars current set up if we were to run again and cut the same 60 it would be another photofinish. And i have done nothing new to my engine same lil baby cam with stock heads.
Which proves my point even more, 124 is damn near enough to go 10s with a good driver.

I saw a School Bus with a Jet Engine pull a 12 once.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:08 PM
TECH Regular

no offense taken, i know my car runs hard as **** for the mods it has. i could care less what other chargers run. i was just stating the facts about the vehicles and weights.
were ur runs on street tires or drs?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

were ur runs on street tires or drs?
et streets
Old 04-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Which proves my point even more, 124 is damn near enough to go 10s with a good driver.

I saw a School Bus with a Jet Engine pull a 12 once.

lol that was the whole point of me posting his short times to prove you wrong, that the car was ne thing but pathetic. My car is trapping 122 now so where does that put me??
Old 04-20-2010, 08:59 PM
10 Second Club

lol that was the whole point of me posting his short times to prove you wrong, that the car was ne thing but pathetic. My car is trapping 122 now so where does that put me??
Just as pathetic as him......
Old 04-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Just as pathetic as him......
lmao! good one! may i ask what your GTO traps?

Oh and I sure hope that 45x rwhp was on a mustang dyno, cause if it wasnt thats pretty PATHETIC. My cam only car made 412 on a dyno that usually reads atleast 30rwhp less than that of a typical mustang dyno.

Last edited by GotHemi?; 04-20-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:22 PM
TECH Regular

ur car moves
was ur 412 on or off the bottle?
Old 04-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Staging Lane

ur car moves
was ur 412 on or off the bottle?
No it was NA.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Launching!

I was under the assumption that the SRT8 vehicle weight went - Challenger as lightest, the Charger next and the 300C is like 150lbs heavier. IDK thats just what i heard. Ive also heard that we each get slightly different drive components and for some reason the 300 has the least amount of parasitic drivetrain loss? I could be completely off.. Im going to have my car weighed soon just to see what it is. Im curious. These SRT's like the spray and the kinda torque that stuff makes erases any weight problems
Old 04-20-2010, 11:29 PM
Launching!

And to the OP..
I have no question that all the posted events were true. Ive seen some SRT's do terrible at the track as well. Ive wasted SRT Challengers in my T/A when i drove an LS1. However, since i have been driving an SRT, the numbers never lie. I ran my Trans Am some 60times or better on gradually more agressive setups AT THE TRACK. Ive also run against many fast cars on the street, so i know mod for mod my LS1's were on par w/the best. All that being said, the times im going off are all at the same track. Ive also run the SRT nearly as much as my T/A, once again - with an increasingly more agressive setup each time. Mod for mod, these cars gain almost exactly the same. And to start off with..MY SRT was only a fraction slower than my LS1 stock vs stock. I mean by like less than a tenth and one MPH. Personally im convinced that if i had a lighter Challenger w every mod i have on my 300 id be running a tenth or two quicker than i am but...all the guys that i see run em are stock or need a driver mod.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SSickLS1
I was under the assumption that the SRT8 vehicle weight went - Challenger as lightest, the Charger next and the 300C is like 150lbs heavier. IDK thats just what i heard.
I was talking about the lx platform the challenger is a variant of that(just a few inches shorter) but yes it is lighter than the rest by 100-200lbs

From what I gathered off of the internet, these weights seem kind of light, everyone I know that has weighed their cars have been more than these numbers. Take it for what its worth.

300-4097
Charger-4160
Magnum-4260

Ive also heard that we each get slightly different drive components and for some reason the 300 has the least amount of parasitic drivetrain loss? I could be completely off.. Im going to have my car weighed soon just to see what it is. Im curious.
Totally false. They all use the same MB NAG1 tranny, with the same exact drivetrain. Now from 2009 on up they went with a LSD Getrag rearend but from our dyno pulls at our shop we have seen no difference from the 215mm MB units.

These SRT's like the spray and the kinda torque that stuff makes erases any weight problems
Yes they do, hell as my sig says I went 11.45 with just a few bolt ons and a little 125 shot. The stock cam in these cars are great nitrous cams believe it or not.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:52 AM
Staging Lane

them chargers pull hard from a roll i raced a super bee with CAI and tune and it was right there with me this was in my 98z with full bolt ons and a small cam
Old 04-21-2010, 06:47 AM
10 Second Club

lmao! good one! may i ask what your GTO traps?

Oh and I sure hope that 45x rwhp was on a mustang dyno, cause if it wasnt thats pretty PATHETIC. My cam only car made 412 on a dyno that usually reads atleast 30rwhp less than that of a typical mustang dyno.
So you are saying that your cam only SRT is dynoing 450 rwhp on a dynojet? I highly doubt thta but to answer your questions I have no idea what my car dynos or traps. It was dynoed a while back at 460 rwhp but dont know how accurate that was nor do I care. I know it took a Gallardo down from roll so Im guessing it will trap 120ish but our track closed down.

So why are you trying to stir ****? Trying to make yourself feel better by comparing your car to faster cars? And Im sure you know that every dyno will read differently than another. MY old SS dynoed 620 rwhp on one dyno and a few weeks later 665 rwhp on another.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Staging Lane

The Challenger weighs about the same as the 300 which means bone dry and identical options and even tires is about 50lbs lighter than the Charger. The Challenger is equally as quick as an automatic. As a 6spd, a tad slower.

My CAI only, fully optioned Charger weighed 4100lbs with F1s and 2 gallons of gas on a scale with a 20lb variance.

A bolt-on and tuned Charger will sit at 400-405rwhp. I have high flow cats and a manifold spacer so mine is 398whp/422wtq. A great air day SRT-8s will trap 113-114 and 12.6s on street tires.

Race gas tune it's 413/432.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:59 AM
TECH Regular

so stock they came with open diffs?
if so thats sad my suv has lsd lol
Old 04-21-2010, 10:01 AM
9 Second Club

Yes they do, hell as my sig says I went 11.45 with just a few bolt ons and a little 125 shot. The stock cam in these cars are great nitrous cams believe it or not.
And my '00 SS with a few bolt-ons and a little 'ol 100-shot has gone a best of 10.86. What's the big deal?

My point is, I wouldn't expect anything different from a 6-liter V8 Mopar - therefore, it's no suprise and nothing to rave about.

Quick Reply: Dig to 140mph: LS2 A4 GTO vesus SRT8 Charger