08 cobalt ss vs 99 camaro ss

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn weather! I guess I'll be forced to burn some rubber on the streets then
Old 04-23-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

josh next weekend my civic will be done, u better run me!
Old 04-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sujomatt
josh next weekend my civic will be done, u better run me!
in which car lol, im down
Old 04-23-2010, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

lets do both, will make for some good video
Old 04-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
Yeah I'm a big liar, Cobalt's are terrible from 40, huge advantage to the Camaro. All Cobalt owners chiming in are also liars. As a matter of fact, I payed them all off to agree with me.
Your a true loser bro.

The cobalt wasnt at 40 mph if he was in first gear like the video showed at 2.15 .
How many times do I have to get it through your thick head the cobalt cant do 40mph in first.

Your just full of **** everytime you race, either your regal isnt running right everytime you lose or you cry about something else.

Most of us on here race for fun and you take that right out of it.

Lies all lies
Old 04-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
Your a true loser bro.

The cobalt wasnt at 40 mph if he was in first gear like the video showed at 2.15 .
How many times do I have to get it through your thick head the cobalt cant do 40mph in first.

Your just full of **** everytime you race, either your regal isnt running right everytime you lose or you cry about something else.

Most of us on here race for fun and you take that right out of it.

Lies all lies

First of all, everything Nick has been saying is true. I was there. That was my camaro doing the racing.

Second of all, I own a cobalt ss/tc. I just got it back today. We already told you it can only hit 35mph in first, even at 30 first is a dumb choice. 40-45 is pretty much dead-on for a good 2nd gear pull...brakeboost the bitch and take off in 2nd, it's not hard.

Third, if you're calling Nick a bullshitter and a liar, then that ultimately must include me too since I was actually there.

By the way, you were the one saying the cobalt was taking off in first, WE were the ones telling you otherwise. I'm not sure who rubbed you the wrong way, but in my eyes I have lost a whole lot of respect and credibility of you and your claims.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Poppn
First of all, everything Nick has been saying is true. I was there. That was my camaro doing the racing.

Second of all, I own a cobalt ss/tc. I just got it back today. We already told you it can only hit 35mph in first, even at 30 first is a dumb choice. 40-45 is pretty much dead-on for a good 2nd gear pull...brakeboost the bitch and take off in 2nd, it's not hard.

Third, if you're calling Nick a bullshitter and a liar, then that ultimately must include me too since I was actually there.

By the way, you were the one saying the cobalt was taking off in first, WE were the ones telling you otherwise. I'm not sure who rubbed you the wrong way, but in my eyes I have lost a whole lot of respect and credibility of you and your claims.

ya I was bustin my buddies ***** cause he loves to jump on the second honk..
lol was all in good nature.

Then nick wrote

I'm not trying to start an arguement here but I know with 100% certainty that we raced from 40mph and the Cobalt was in 2nd gear in the race starting at 2:15.

The result was not much different than that of the race we started at ~20mph. The difference can be seen between the two races because the Cobalt gets jerked around when he shifts from 1st to 2nd in the last race, and how the Camaro is actually in gear for more than a split second. In the race starting at 2:15 I hit it and immediately had to shift.

It doesn't really matter to me all that much but I can tell you for sure that the Cobalt was in 2nd gear that race. We started at 5000rpm in 1st gear. None of the rolling races were started from 50mph, all of them were 35-40 aside from the last one which was ~20. 35-40 is perfect for the Cobalt in 2nd gear, and pretty good for the Camaro in 1st. With the Camaro in 2nd gear at 35-40 mph it was at a huge dissadvantage as the RPM's were around 2700.
^Which Is all bullshit^
because if you watch the video at 2.15 like he said , you can see the cobalt shift from first to second gear right away. Meaning your were not going 40mph.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Teching In

ya I was bustin my buddies ***** cause he loves to jump on the second honk..
lol was all in good nature.

Then nick wrote

^Which Is all bullshit^
because if you watch the video at 2.15 like he said , you can see the cobalt shift from first to second gear right away. Meaning your were not going 40mph.
That's all you have, is the camera moving? Sorry to tell you bro, but the person holding the god damn thing could have shifted it a little bit. Judging by the sound of my camaro in first gear, we weren't going any slower than 35mph.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Teching In

Just give up Josh, this is a lost cause. I'm not the one who people are losing respect for here.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Staging Lane

Why is someone arguing with the 2 people that were actually racing about what gear they were in? Hell i could make the camera move just by letting on/off of the gas letting the person next to me line up...
Old 04-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Banned

Just give up Josh, this is a lost cause. I'm not the one who people are losing respect for here.
Im pretty sure from looking at most of your posts and threads in this section of the forum theres alot of people that dont like or respect you.
Im not the first.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:48 PM
10 Second Club

Damn everything here turns into a pissing match. Where's the love?
Old 04-23-2010, 07:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If there was ever a discrepancy we'd just line em' up again lol
please run them again, with cameras on the gauge clusters.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 916 BREDWNR
Damn everything here turns into a pissing match. Where's the love?
it left with lemons damn a4 z28 vs m6 c5 thread.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Poppn
That's all you have, is the camera moving? Sorry to tell you bro, but the person holding the god damn thing could have shifted it a little bit. Judging by the sound of my camaro in first gear, we weren't going any slower than 35mph.

Thats not all I have, the owner of the coablt is 100% sure he was in first gear in that race aswell.

You owning a cobalt should know 1st gear roll is the worst gear to race from in a cobalt.

I dont own one so I dont know what gears and what speeds are good, But I know enough to know you should never do a first gear roll..

Its going to be nice all day so im realy curious to see a rematch aswell , ~50 mph roll both cars in 2nd.
I think it will be a close race untill 4th gear and then the camaro will start to inch away, But it should still be a good race.
I think a 50 roll would be good for both cars.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Teching In

what are you guys talking about i was in third the last races i thought you knew.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:13 PM
TECH Regular

Thats not all I have, the owner of the coablt is 100% sure he was in first gear in that race aswell.

You owning a cobalt should know 1st gear roll is the worst gear to race from in a cobalt.

I dont own one so I dont know what gears and what speeds are good, But I know enough to know you should never do a first gear roll..

Its going to be nice all day so im realy curious to see a rematch aswell , ~50 mph roll both cars in 2nd.
I think it will be a close race untill 4th gear and then the camaro will start to inch away, But it should still be a good race.
I think a 50 roll would be good for both cars.
dude no1 is arguing first gear is a good roll, they are saying 40mph is amazing in the car any higher or any lower is not as good as 40. i owned a cobalt 40 was the sweet spot 50 was pointless i just had to shift sooner didnt pull any harder...i suggest u just stop posting about something u know nothing about and go back to ur ctsv
Old 04-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
dude no1 is arguing first gear is a good roll, they are saying 40mph is amazing in the car any higher or any lower is not as good as 40. i owned a cobalt 40 was the sweet spot 50 was pointless i just had to shift sooner didnt pull any harder...i suggest u just stop posting about something u know nothing about and go back to ur ctsv
Thanks for the suggestion
But there was no 40 roll, nick made that up. I dont know why he keeps mentioning that number ??

you gota go back and read the first 2 pages to know what Im arguing about.

Nick was saying the cobalt was in second when it was not, it was in first in the last 2 races im talking about.

If you ownded a cobalt u know they are slugs in first gear.

Rematch tonight ?
Old 04-24-2010, 06:08 PM
TECH Regular

i said first sucked lol but that 40 in 2nd is perfect and better than 50. all im saying
Old 04-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
i said first sucked lol but that 40 in 2nd is perfect and better than 50. all im saying
damm im suprised the cobalt has such short gears.

Quick Reply: 08 cobalt ss vs 99 camaro ss