Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

factory freak?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree if you got the ls6 it flaunt it over the ones who don't for fun...like me
Old 05-25-2010, 05:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by proace4

how does it make perfect sense? when most stock ls1 cars around here run 13.1-13.7 usually around 105-107. where are you located that a stock ls1 runs 108 all day long? thats some great track conditions or weather it would seem. I know he needs a stall bad, but thats not gonna help as much from a high rmp roll in 2nd gear give or take at 55-60.

OP--- very interested in seeing your car run! Caleb is a stand-up guy and wouldnt lead you down the wrong path... He definitely knows how to drive his car. Yall should line them up again! lol i'll video it.
Not sure if youre familiar with auto cars but you obviously are misinformed. A converter is the missing piece to the puzzle for most stock/mildly modified automatic 4th gens. Turns some shitty roll racing cars into some formidable opponents.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BSmiff
Not sure if youre familiar with auto cars but you obviously are misinformed. A converter is the missing piece to the puzzle for most stock/mildly modified automatic 4th gens. Turns some shitty roll racing cars into some formidable opponents.
Explain yourself....you are the one who I believe is unfamiliar with autos...if you manually put an automatic down into 2nd at 55mph with 3.42 gears, you are going to be at about 4500-5000rpms...even if you had a 4000 stall, it would net the same effect when you leave it in drive and mash the gas...stalls help tremendously from a dig at the track, but if you manually put an automatic down into the correct gear from a roll, the stall is basically useless....
Old 05-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Greenbird97
Explain yourself....you are the one who I believe is unfamiliar with autos...if you manually put an automatic down into 2nd at 55mph with 3.42 gears, you are going to be at about 4500-5000rpms...even if you had a 4000 stall, it would net the same effect when you leave it in drive and mash the gas...stalls help tremendously from a dig at the track, but if you manually put an automatic down into the correct gear from a roll, the stall is basically useless....
plus 1
Old 05-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Staging Lane

oh well all this wont matter long... LT's, ORY finally came in so its time to put them on along with cam and all supporting valve train components, racetronix stuff and the tune.... should be a whole different car!

Quick Reply: factory freak?