Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

**07 CTS-V vs EVO X**

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **07 CTS-V vs EVO X**

Saturday night just finished washin my V and im headin to a friends place to watch the Mayweather/Mosely fight (SUCKED) Im on a one way road and i see these blueish headlights behind me and the car flashed me twice. So the road opens up to 2 lanes and i let him get beside me.. turns out to be a Dark Grey Evo X. And by the look on the guys face i knew it was goin down! Im crusing at 50 in 3rd so i drop it in 2nd n get around 40-45 mph (my money mph) But NO 3 honk?!! Dude just takes the jump..So i punch it and pull even at the top of 2nd and bout the middle of 3rd i pull a good car on em. Hit 4th and shut it down around 95mph with 1.5 cars ahead. Fun lil roll race! Evo had at least exhaust and sounded pretty good.. He wanted to redeem himself but i had to pull in the store to get beer for the fight. So he just took off!! lol Anyways it was a good way to start the night off
Old 05-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Teching In

Good kill, those X's are no joke.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:54 PM

Good kill, I haven't run into any modded up Evo X's around here yet, but I can't wait to run into one!
Old 05-03-2010, 06:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

good run, sucks when people jump and you dont expect it but good thing you hit it qwk.
my buddie has a evo 9 with 28psi on the stock turbo(maxed out) with every bolt on, cams and etc and hes upset because hes been chasing me mod-for mod.
But each time he gets something else, so do I lol. Right now I still beat him and hes making almost 400hp, But once he gets a new turbo Im fucked.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good kill. id love to get a V some day. havent seen an X's around here but this week out of nowhere, 3 or 4 popped up at a meet.

Originally Posted by maxspeed05V
good run, sucks when people jump and you dont expect it but good thing you hit it qwk.
my buddie has a evo 9 with 28psi on the stock turbo(maxed out) with every bolt on, cams and etc and hes upset because hes been chasing me mod-for mod.
But each time he gets something else, so do I lol. Right now I still beat him and hes making almost 400hp, But once he gets a new turbo Im fucked.
a bottle is your friend
Old 05-03-2010, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maxspeed05V
Yea i got a friend just like that. Same mods and same boost level, maxin out the turbo. Its quick for what it is.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've only raced 1 EVO but ended up putting busses on him from a dig.. good kill bro
Old 05-04-2010, 12:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
good kill. id love to get a V some day. havent seen an X's around here but this week out of nowhere, 3 or 4 popped up at a meet.

a bottle is your friend
bottle always has your back when you need it especially with nano so you dont have to wait for the pressure to get up there. maxspeed and I have somewhat similar setups he just doesnt have the bottle yet.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:27 AM
On The Tree

Man i want to get a wet nano kit just for fun.. but im torn between that and savin up for sum L92 heads. I know the price difference is significant but i want real REAL power all the time... no disrespect lol BUT i need mo POWA now!!!! I've been runnin my bro in his Camaro SS with forged block, all bolt ons, cammed, 3900 Yank stall and lost by 1/2 a car or so everytime!! I think a 100 shot wet kit might be the answer... wut you guys think???

Last edited by V-CIOUS; 05-22-2010 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by V-CIOUS
Man i want to get a wet nano kit just for fun.. but im torn between that and savin up for sum L93 heads. I know the price difference is significant but i want real REAL power all the time... no disrespect lol BUT i need mo POWA now!!!! I've been runnin my bro in his Camaro SS with forged block, all bolt ons, cammed, 3900 Yank stall and lost by 1/2 a car or so everytime!! I think a 100 shot wet kit might be the answer... wut you guys think???
Turbo.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by V-CIOUS
Man i want to get a wet nano kit just for fun.. but im torn between that and savin up for sum L93 heads. I know the price difference is significant but i want real REAL power all the time... no disrespect lol BUT i need mo POWA now!!!! I've been runnin my bro in his Camaro SS with forged block, all bolt ons, cammed, 3900 Yank stall and lost by 1/2 a car or so everytime!! I think a 100 shot wet kit might be the answer... wut you guys think???
L92 swap, definitely! Then you can add the bottle if you ever get a morbid curiousity to find out what a blown up CTS-V rearend looks like. lol

A basic L92 swap is around $1600. Cam and spring kit $700. Combined price $2300 (If you Ebay the heads/intake/intake rockers figure the price is cut in half) and you will be sitting on around a 100rwhp improvement.

Edit: if not ebay, I highly recommend LS1GTO.com 'For Sale' section, I see lots of stuff going thru there for that swap: its where I've gotten all of my stuff for my swap.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WSsick

a boost is your friend
i fixed that for you.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

Well I wish I could 'BOOST' my V... But I still have factory warranty so that's a no go I guess the L92 heads are my best option so that's my next move! I actually have another race my friend is settin up with a full bolt on's Evo 9 supposedly running high boost. So watch out for the vid guys.. Hopefully I get my dyno tune b4 the we line em up! How do you think it will go down??
Old 05-23-2010, 12:38 AM
Teching In

Depends entirely on his turbo and what he considers "high boost".

Quick Reply: **07 CTS-V vs EVO X**