Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got killed....never racing my car again....

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently traded my LS4 MCSS for my GXP and while I like my MC I don't think it would have been much of a run. After 60mph the MC kind of falls on it's face. I wish I could have kept both the LS4 will keep up with most any stock cars too 60mph.

I would like to run a stock CTS-V myself. The only race I ever had was last weekend against a 04 GTO he had tune, exh, cai. Mine is still stock and I had a passenger. We went from a 65-70 roll and I slowly pulled a car or two till almost 130. Talked later he said he was up to 115mph. Sorry to hijack.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gixper
That's a good choice of words....my car is quick, not fast. I ran a 14.3 @ 98. Beat quite a few mustangs GTs....even beat a 99 Cobra. Several stock Charger R/Ts. Like I said.....driver's race.
My pulley swapped Regal ran those times too. 14.1 @ 99mph being the best.

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
i can see u beating a charger r/t those cars are so slow its sad all those 5.7l hemi's lol.
'09s + are mid 13sec cars. CAI/tuned pre-'09s are mid 13sec cars too.

Originally Posted by gixper
Hahaha...nah man. Not at all. If I had the bread I would definately do it. I've drooled over those turbo LS4 youtube vids for years. But the reality of it is I would have to peel major dough to get it to run as fast as a CTS-V, G8 GT or GXP, Charger SRT8, etc. That's all I'm sayin. A stock GP is not in the same class....I had that proven to me today.
Problem is, FWD is wrong for drag racing and wrong for handling. It's just plain wrong.

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I would just hate the FWD part of it. I can't imagine how hard it is to put any kind of power down with a FWD car. (I've never owned anything but a RWD car)
Tires wear out faster too, tranny isn't as stout, all sorts of things.

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I have a better chance of running into a turbo Camry with a Supra motor. I'm not too worried...
Thats a good one!

Originally Posted by 2KFORMULA
I would like to run a stock CTS-V myself. The only race I ever had was last weekend against a 04 GTO he had tune, exh, cai. Mine is still stock and I had a passenger. We went from a 65-70 roll and I slowly pulled a car or two till almost 130. Talked later he said he was up to 115mph. Sorry to hijack.
1st gen V - good race
2nd gen V - you'll get walked
Old 05-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Teching In

He wasn't cammed... would ahve put 3 bus lengths on you instead of 3 cars.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:32 PM
9 Second Club

5.3 LS4's can be modded the same way any other LS-series V8 can be. Infact, they come factory stock with 243 cylinder heads...same heads used on the LS6 & LS2 small blocks, allbeit smaller intake & exhaust valves. Biggest obstacle is the fact they are FWD which we all know is not partial to drag racing, and they lack the displacement us LS-1/2/3 & 6 guys have.