Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Beat the invincible SC Mach1 + SC GT vs LS3 cam only

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I think that's one of those 'internet' things. pushing ~460+ rwhp SAE numbers on a stock N/A block modular is a ticking time bomb. A good tune will only extend the life, it will not keep it. I can' tell you how many people I've run into with the same thought as yours.................

until they blow their motor.

I'm not saying it wont' last 30k+ I'm saying that's a good amount of mileage and you've gotten good usage out of a stock block if it blows after that. Until then, it's not much to brag about.
If you don't already you should hang around the soec board sometime and look at the number of cars that have 30 to 50K miles on them that came with a blower from the factory (like mine did) pushing 460 to 480 rwhp and they get around just fine. I can't attest to how they drive them, but I know how mine has been driven. I'm certainly not afraid to blow the engine, but I've taken the steps needed to avoid that. My car is not a DD so when it gets driven it usually gets a workout.

I suppose it's your opinion that 460rwhp is the bearable limit of the 3v blocks unless you're some sort of engine designer/builder and you know something the rest of us don't. It's my opinion that 475rwhp can be safely achieved with the right parts and the right tune and be a long lasting combo.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GatorFan08
I think a cam only LS1 w/ a decent sized converter and a good cam would be a dead even race with a eaton mach 1. You should race em... whats the specs on your cam?
Trex, 242 248 610 615 4000 stall
Old 05-07-2010, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by InsomZ
What is OP? I've seen it alot lately. I'm old and don't understand this jargon.
Original Poster, who starts the thread.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mustang1200
It's my GT and it's on the stock long block. A built motor (same comp as stock) has little to do with how much power you make. Just how much power it can handle.

The car is VERY reliable at 473. It's all in the tuning.
Umm, no ****? In no way is a 2v reliable at 473. Sure, some have gotten lucky but there is a reason most say 400 is the "magic" number because few last long past that point. You can tune the hell out of car but stress is stress.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2002CamaroSS1982
I am not a huge fan of roll racing but I have done both, I just can't see the point in making 500 rwhp if you can only hook up 350 of it, but yeah I have done it a few times with cars on street tires, and or people that have too much power and not enough suspension/tires/driver.

Racing from a dig is where the skill comes in, bad launch even against a slower car can do you in unless you pull like a bastard, for a manual someone who can slam gears makes a night and day difference over someone who shifts so that you can hear birds chirp in between.

Nice kills OP, and as a former 4V owner as well some pretty sick Mustangs.
I agree. GOod post.
If you don't already you should hang around the soec board sometime and look at the number of cars that have 30 to 50K miles on them that came with a blower from the factory (like mine did) pushing 460 to 480 rwhp and they get around just fine. I can't attest to how they drive them, but I know how mine has been driven. I'm certainly not afraid to blow the engine, but I've taken the steps needed to avoid that. My car is not a DD so when it gets driven it usually gets a workout.

I suppose it's your opinion that 460rwhp is the bearable limit of the 3v blocks unless you're some sort of engine designer/builder and you know something the rest of us don't. It's my opinion that 475rwhp can be safely achieved with the right parts and the right tune and be a long lasting combo.
No I don't hang around that site. I found the more I ventured off, the more ignorance I ran into. I have a short patience leash when it comes to that kinda stuff. Nothing against you as I honestly don't know you.

Uh....what 3V and 2V came from the factory with a blower? The only factory blown stangs I know of are the GT500 and the 03/04 Cobra. What am I missing? (mind you, dealer option, saleen, roush, and steeda are not factory cars).

I have heard of 3V's lasting to 500rwhp, but they are few and far between. The rods/pistons are the weak point, not the block. The factory WAP block can handle a lot. Yes, the tune is very important I agree; but I dont' agree with phrases like "it's all in the tune" as driver has to be taken into account. We'll just have to agree to disagree. Either way, I love blown mustangs.

and I thought we were talking about 2V's?
Old 05-07-2010, 05:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS2 KLR
Umm, no ****? In no way is a 2v reliable at 473. Sure, some have gotten lucky but there is a reason most say 400 is the "magic" number because few last long past that point. You can tune the hell out of car but stress is stress.
A tad more blunt, but basically, yeah.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:04 PM

We are talking 3v's as that's what's in my 08GT.

No I don't hang around that site. I found the more I ventured off, the more ignorance I ran into. I have a short patience leash when it comes to that kinda stuff. Nothing against you as I honestly don't know you.

Uh....what 3V and 2V came from the factory with a blower? The only factory blown stangs I know of are the GT500 and the 03/04 Cobra. What am I missing? (mind you, dealer option, saleen, roush, and steeda are not factory cars).

I have heard of 3V's lasting to 500rwhp, but they are few and far between. The rods/pistons are the weak point, not the block. The factory WAP block can handle a lot. Yes, the tune is very important I agree; but I dont' agree with phrases like "it's all in the tune" as driver has to be taken into account. We'll just have to agree to disagree. Either way, I love blown mustangs.

and I thought we were talking about 2V's?
I was talking 3v's as that's what's in my 08GT.

I suppose your right by saying that the Saleen, Roush, and Steeda cars are not factory. However they are sold at Ford dealerships and 100% backed by Ford.

The driver has to be held accountable for his actions, but if the tune isn't right then the driver stood a chance to begin with. Hence my statement "it's all in the tune". My tune is spot on so I won't be blaming is racing losses on the tune.

However to say that others sites besides this one are full of ignorance is ignorant in it self. That's like saying all white people are honkies. (I can make white people jokes because I'm white right?)
Old 05-07-2010, 06:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

I suppose your right by saying that the Saleen, Roush, and Steeda cars are not factory. However they are sold at Ford dealerships and 100% backed by Ford.

The driver has to be held accountable for his actions, but if the tune isn't right then the driver stood a chance to begin with. Hence my statement "it's all in the tune". My tune is spot on so I won't be blaming is racing losses on the tune.

However to say that others sites besides this one are full of ignorance is ignorant in it self. That's like saying all white people are honkies. (I can make white people jokes because I'm white right?)
backed by ford and being factory are different. I'm merely using your words as you are th eone that said factory supercharged. To say Saleen, etc. is factory gives the unknowing ignorant information.

Just because the driver has to be accountable, does not mean the tune makes or breaks it. As it was pointed out, stress is stress and factory rods/pistons can not hold stress well above a certain point generally.

Please explain to me where I stated this site has no ignorance. If you knew me and you'd know that's the FURTHEST from my belief's. This site if FULL of mustang ignorance. I can only handle so much, that's the point.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:30 PM
LS1Tech Editor

How about breaking out the mods on the mustang? Mach 1 sounded like an Eaton, GT I'm assuming a centrifugal.

Good runs
Old 05-07-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by loloone
How about breaking out the mods on the mustang? Mach 1 sounded like an Eaton, GT I'm assuming a centrifugal.

Good runs
There's some back info on this race.

search mongoose04 and you'll see why.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Good kills, nice vids, but seriously, what a bunch of slowpokes you three are!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TRMach1
Good kills, nice vids, but seriously, what a bunch of slowpokes you three are!
I'm your Huckleberry...too bad your not from around here =)
Old 05-07-2010, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dlc1609
I sure hope that 11 sec club thing is a joke then...and/or your sig is a joke.

so we have a stopsign copycat inda hiz-ouse?
Old 05-07-2010, 10:35 PM
11 Second Club

I sure hope that 11 sec club thing is a joke then...and/or your sig is a joke.

so we have a stopsign copycat inda hiz-ouse?
No sir...I have everything listed in my sig (maybe a little more ) and the fastest I've ever run at the track is an 11.2x...
Old 05-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dlc1609
Yeah, you're a Huckleberry alright!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:40 PM
TECH Regular

Then I have to apologize, I thought we were talking about 2v. Since it is a 3v I would agree 473 is no doubt doable. From my understanding around 500rwhp is where they are prone to failure.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:18 AM

Then I have to apologize, I thought we were talking about 2v. Since it is a 3v I would agree 473 is no doubt doable. From my understanding around 500rwhp is where they are prone to failure.
No biggie. It's for sure a 3v. haha
Attached Thumbnails Beat the invincible SC Mach1 + SC GT vs LS3 cam only-picture-002resized.jpg   Beat the invincible SC Mach1 + SC GT vs LS3 cam only-2008-ford-mustang-gt-020-resized.jpg  
Old 05-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Yeah, you're a Huckleberry alright!
Big words for a guy putting down 657. Is that fast in Delaware?
Old 05-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blown_RT
Big words for a guy putting down 657. Is that fast in Delaware?
WTF are you, his boyfriend? Had to join up to defend his honor? Did they name that town Princeton to make you cowboys feel smarter?

And yes, I'm fast enough to whoop his 11.2 slow azz!
Old 05-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Teching In

WTF are you, his boyfriend? Had to join up to defend his honor? Did they name that town Princeton to make you cowboys feel smarter?

And yes, I'm fast enough to whoop his 11.2 slow azz!
Sorry, just because daddy used to sneak into your bed at night, doesnt mean everyone likes men. If your looking for a boyfriend, im sure you can impress one with 657. Does it bother you that you spent all the money on your little Mach 1 and have lower numbers than a simple blower swapped Cobra? As for the town, Yes, they named it Princeton so us dumb cowboy folk would feel smarter.... and it worked.