Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

BS thread - 2011 GT 11.80's @ 118 with bolt ons

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jgoodson
I hope to meet you someday
How the **** does one of the biggest off the shelf cams only put down 380rwhp? You're almost as bad as 02wife with the H/C/I running 11.8 talking massive amounts of ****
Old 05-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
How the **** does one of the biggest off the shelf cams only put down 380rwhp? You're almost as bad as 02wife with the H/C/I running 11.8 talking massive amounts of ****
A4? But im not talking **** i said I want to meet him someday cowboy get back on your horse and move on
Old 05-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

lol it just feels like something i need to do before I die ya know
Makes sense
Old 05-09-2010, 04:32 PM

lol it just feels like something i need to do before I die ya know
LOL

Sometime when I feel like taking a vacation I'm gonna cruise down the east coast and hang with some of the guys on here. Get your guest bedrooms ready!
Old 05-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

The girl and me will be at Mustang Week at the beach in July if anyone wants to go. Not sure if we will take her Mach or my 5.0. Probably take her car since its alittle more....civilized.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
The girl and me will be at Mustang Week at the beach in July if anyone wants to go. Not sure if we will take her Mach or my 5.0. Probably take her car since its alittle more....civilized.
Ill look into it if my wife can get time off id like to go down there like you said we would probably end up taking her nissan rouge lol for gas saving purposes
Old 05-09-2010, 04:47 PM
TECH Addict

A4? But im not talking **** i said I want to meet him someday cowboy get back on your horse and move on
Guess your mom married her cousin huh? **** off you inbred piece of ****.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ill look into it if my wife can get time off id like to go down there like you said we would probably end up taking her nissan rouge lol for gas saving purposes
Go for it man. Should be very fun! Alot of stupid kids in bolt on cars thinking they are fast though. Kinda makes it fun though. You should be able to win some races in her Rouge.

Let me know if you are going. I'll give you my cell number and we all can grab somethin to eat one night and hit up some of the car shows.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Go for it man. Should be very fun! Alot of stupid kids in bolt on cars thinking they are fast though. Kinda makes it fun though. You should be able to win some races in her Rouge.

Let me know if you are going. I'll give you my cell number and we all can grab somethin to eat one night and hit up some of the car shows.
Sounds good man Ill let you know. The rouge has paddle shifters too so we can give it a go
Old 05-09-2010, 04:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Puck
Lol we're not allowed to talk about that.

Cat-back+tune+wheels/tires = 11's, remember?
to be fair, slicks on a rear that you can actually launch off of makes a bigg difference. now atco might help also, but going off the traps, you cant deny its a fast car. would i say the new 5oh is the be-all end-all motor? no, i love the LSX for the ability to do things the modulars cant (well, can but harder and more expensive) which are big H/C setups that arent outrageously priced and gains globs of power.

i will say this though: If Ford comes out with a big cube modular with 5.0 tech in it, the gen V cannot come fast enough.

11.9 idiot!

Old 05-09-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WSsick

i will say this though: If Ford comes out with a big cube modular with 5.0 tech in it, the gen V cannot come fast enough.

It's called the 6.2 AKA "Hurricane"

I dont think there are any plans to put it in the Mustang, however. Sad.

11.9 idiot!

Damn, I gave him too much credit! LOL
Old 05-09-2010, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

zigroid, are you going to respond to my post or just ignore it and concede your hypothetical point?

I guess I can say the same to you that you did to stopsign in that case.
what post are you talking about?
Old 05-09-2010, 06:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by zigroid
what post are you talking about?
zigroid, you are asking questions that NONE of us could know, unless one of the members here designed the 5.0. How would anybody know how strong the bottom end is and how much RPM it could take before popping? The ONLY way to find that out is trial and error and I don't think there are any 5.0's on the road yet but I may be wrong.

I will say you are correct about the displacement and torque arguement, but come on man. Who races from such a low RPM you have to rely on low end torque? We aren't diesels.

I will add however that bolting on a supercharger will solve the whole low end torque problem and Mustang guys have been going the boost route because of the expense of an NA build for the better part of 15 years now. The last time it didn't cost a first born child to do a massive NA build was in 1995 with the death of the famed 302.

Like I said, as far as torque goes the LSX has the 5.0 beat purely because of displacement.

I'm very interested in what this engine's capabilities are both NA and with FI. It should make for a very interesting few years for the GM-Ford wars.
it was a few pages back.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ponygt65
You aren't listening are you?

and btw assuming a well accepted 15% drivetrain loss, the EP mustang is almost there. 375/.85=441.17 And if that motor gets better breathing like LT's?...or better yet, some better intake cams?

Guess we all better go play the lottery 'eh?
ok since youre just not getting this Ill compare to other engines. drivetrain loss differences are probably minimal but lets use a 5.7L LS1 as an example. have you ever heard of an all motor LS1 making 450 rwtq? I can recall one car. a 346 making 450 rwtq is the equivalent of a 408 making 530 rwtq. you ever see a 408 making more than that? a 427 would be at 555 rwtq. ever see a 427 make more than that? it doesn't matter if you have DOHC, SOHC, OHV, 400 cfm head flow, 1000 cfm head flow you will always get to a point where you can no longer produce any more torque. a 346 making 450 rwtq is the equivalent of a 281 making 365 rwtq. a 346 making 450 rwtq is the equivalent of a 302 making about 390 rwtq. are you getting this yet? you will hit a wall with torque. this is not a hard concept to understand.
Are you seriously asking me that question? PLease don't tell me you are that ignorant. That question implies that all cars should be shifted near redline in all gears. Ever hear of something called.......................transmission gear ratios? I certainly wouldn't have shifted my machs the same as my cobra's. Nor would i do it the same as an N/A cobra or an LS1. It's not just about the powerband genius, but the gear ratio's and where you are in the powerband in the next gear. And that will depend on what the ratios are in the transmission......comprende'? Whose the one looking like an idiot now?
using the pdf file posted earlier:
http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2...g_GT_Specs.pdf
and this site:
http://www.pszweb.com/car/gears.htm
I came up with the following:
shifting at 7000 rpm in 1st gear will put you at about 4600 in 2nd
shifting at 7000 rpm in 2nd gear and youre at ~4850
7000 rpm in 3rd gear puts you at 5450 in 4th
7000 rpm in 4th puts you at 5300 in 5th (1:1)

now that it is all figured out and pictured for you tell me with a straight face that thing really wants to be shifted at 7000 and not closer to 7500. whos the idiot now?
See above genius. IT'S ALREADY ALMOST AT 450lbs.!!!!......man, please don't tell me you are THAT ignorant that you can't see what's right in front of you. Up until this, I took you as a pretty knowledged guy. But now, I'm having my doubts. YOu just said never ever in all caps, and I just showed you how it's a bolt on or two away from it. And, if it makes you feel better, we can lower the DT loss percentage to 12%; that'd put it at 426.14 TQ. Still only LT's and a tune away IMO. (yes, opinion. I can admit that seems how it hasn't been done yet).
ford is rating this thing at 390 ft lbs and that is estimated. based on 350 rwtq I would guess 400 ft lbs. evolution gained 25 rwtq so that puts it at around 425-430 ft lbs. another 15 ft lbs and youre reaching the limit of what it can physically produce. youre not going to see them over 450 ft lbs it is physically impossible for any 5.0L engine, not just ford, but ANY engine of that displacement to make over 450 ft lbs. if nascar can't achieve that kind of torque per cube and F1 cars cant achieve that kind of torque per cube what makes you think ford can? what kind of torque do you think theyre gonna make?
REally?....hmmm...interesting cause I see the same increase per mod in an LS1 as you do with a modular with bolt ons. ONce you tear open the long block that's a different story, but with bolt on's....gains are pretty much the same.
mod motors dont come close to getting the same increases LS1s do... I have seen bolton LS1s go from 300 to 360 rwhp. youre telling me a bolton mach 1 will go from 280 to 340 rwhp? I never really paid attention to bolt on mach 1 dynos but I highly doubt theyre making 340 rwhp with boltons.

Now it's back to 400. Just above you said 390 cause that would equal 450. Please, make up your mind.
you won't see them hit 500 rwtq either. or 600 rwtq.
Please show me where on this site the Ford guys are thinking that. Prove it. IDC about any other site cause we are having this discussion here.
I didnt know I limited my observation of ford fans to just this site?
Again....back and forth. Are we talking factory only or a/m too? You keep going all over the place. Come to think of it, I dont' think I've ever seen a dyno sheet of a mach one that starts at 2k rpm. Have you? I'd like to see it if you have one. No really, post it up. I'd actually love to see a dyno comparison of that.
ok, here it goes.
ford isn't going to see a whole lot more torque out of the engine. the aftermarket isn't either. now both bases are covered. as for a dyno of a mach 1 at 2000 rpm this is the best I have:

thats my bone stock LS1 formula vs 5 mach 1s that are either stock or very close.
I never said any of the big blocks did. You're reaching on this one bubba. I know the boss 351s were under rated. I also know that the vast majority of the small and big block motors were. Did you not happen to notice my username? classics is what got me into performance cars. I said advertised because there's nothing concrete to show just how under rated motors were back then. Advertised is all we have to go off of. Sounds like you are simply trying to make yourself appear right with that comment of under-rated, but the fact is even if you went off of that argument you'd still be wrong as it wasn't the first to be under rated. The first one that I can personally think of........is the Modular 4V motor. Having said that, I don't see what the entire point of that is though. WHo really cares how long it took for them to make 1hp per L? I guess if we really have to look at that we'd have to say It's good to see gm do that over ford. Seems how they always came after Ford anyway. Camaro was GM's answer to mustang; the LS1 was the answer to the 5.0foxes (which were quicker/faster than 3rd gens); the 3rd gen cam after the fox design; and now after an 8 year break they have an answer to a 5 year old sales killer.......the S197. However, I try not to look at it that way as I like both cars/setups.
my original post in this thread was to the dude who was all excited over what ford did with a smaller displacement engine. dont remember?
Again, back on the production part. You keep going back and forth.....but I'll keep my response on a production level point. Ford CAN do more. Do you not know how restrictive the midpip is on that thing? They did it for control to keep the car at the advertised hp level they wanted. They can easily open up the piping and lean just a tad for the tune. That will not only get more hp, but keep the mpg there. Not only that....again, they can use different intake cams if they so choose. You have NO IDEA what is at the descression for them to use or not.
I don't know what they have up their sleeve but I do know you're not going to be seeing huge gains in torque from them. why? because they can't change the laws of physics.
Do you mind if I ask you if you have an engineering degree? I ask because you seem to have the mentality of a young (or inexperienced) engineer of some sort.
I don't have an engineering degree but I do have many advanced college level calculus and physics classes under my belt.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it was a few pages back.
you really didnt have anything directed at me or challenging what I was saying.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wtf. a 2011 stang hits a 11 somthing in the 1/4 and people are crying about it? Its a American built car and it is fast with minor upgrades. Just food for thought. Why dont people compair numbers on the more high end cars, say a 430 vs 2011 stang in the 1/4.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Wtf. a 2011 stang hits a 11 somthing in the 1/4 and people are crying about it? Its a American built car and it is fast with minor upgrades. Just food for thought. Why dont people compair numbers on the more high end cars, say a 430 vs 2011 stang in the 1/4.
[Certain GM owners]BUT THE 2011 GT WONT HAVE MUCH ROOM FOOOR IMPROOOVEMEEENNNNTTT!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! [/Certain GM owners]
Old 05-09-2010, 06:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I bookmarked this thread so after the aftermarket gets their hands on the car I can show you all who was right and who was wrong.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:38 PM
TECH Regular

The multi-quoting needs to stop.
Some of you bastards care too much.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by zigroid
I bookmarked this thread so after the aftermarket gets their hands on the car I can show you all who was right and who was wrong.
Maybe you should focus on getting your car to run mid 13's? And stop worrying about the 2011 GT and if it will or will not have potential.