Also a BS thread...cause I can
Old 05-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I trust bias reviews 100%.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:48 PM
TECH Regular

They're already kind of formidable in stock form. Looks like they respond well to bolt-ons too.
The next step up is FI, and I imagine it will be pretty ridiculous with a basic setup.It's too bad there's no step in between.
I imagine there isn't much to be had with heads and cams, and the price wouldn't even be close to worth it.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are fast N/A stangs, people just need to get over it. I'll read those when I get home, should be interesting.

Ju1ce, line up that damn race i posted in the ss/tc thread!
Old 05-07-2010, 02:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
I love them.

Lets learn what will be waxing 2SS's soon

I kid, I kid

http://blogs.mustang50magazine.com/6...11s/index.html

http://www.stangtv.com/forum/evoluti...eir-6778.html#

Also a BS thread...cause I can
Good read, impressive.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are definitely no slouch. I'm still waiting for Ford to put a bigger motor in those cars. Obviously they're just showing that they can get a lot out of a small motor in stock factory form, but everyone already knows it's possible. I think they should step it up in CI.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
They are definitely no slouch. I'm still waiting for Ford to put a bigger motor in those cars. Obviously they're just showing that they can get a lot out of a small motor in stock factory form, but everyone already knows it's possible. I think they should step it up in CI.
i think, no i know, the reason they held back on the cubes is to pump up sales #s. there is such a following with the 5oh that bringing back such a well received moniker (just like the return of the Camaro) generates hype over the car. i garuntee they swing a good amount of people otu of the mopar or chevy lots with the 5.0 badge. ford has always been good at marketing their mustang for every audience. maybe the next gen will bring a bigger V8.

now, time for me to get reading these...
Old 05-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Banned

The 2011 mustang is a nice car. Hats off to Ford! Finally they have a fast car that doesnt have to depend on a supercharger.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
i think, no i know, the reason they held back on the cubes is to pump up sales #s. there is such a following with the 5oh that bringing back such a well received moniker (just like the return of the Camaro) generates hype over the car. i garuntee they swing a good amount of people otu of the mopar or chevy lots with the 5.0 badge. ford has always been good at marketing their mustang for every audience. maybe the next gen will bring a bigger V8.

now, time for me to get reading these...
Very good points. Ford does an excellent job with their marketing of that car. Every time I question a decision they make, I take a step back and go, "well, they're still in production and selling like crazy (as opposed to the Fbody), so who am I to question their decisions?" As long as they're flying off the lots, I'm happy.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02 wife
The 2011 mustang is a nice car. Hats off to Ford! Finally they have a fast car that doesnt have to depend on a supercharger.
Would it really kill you to simply give a compliment in reference to Ford or a Ford product?

how F'ing childish can you be.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Would it really kill you to simply give a compliment in reference to Ford or a Ford product?

That was compliment. I told the truth. I forgot how sensitive you ford guys are!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02 wife
That was compliment. I told the truth. I forgot how sensitive you ford guys are!
immature nuthuggin' at it's finest. You know exactly what I meant with your pathetic last comment of "finally............."

You just don't know when to quit. What are you 20?
Old 05-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Looks like the LS1 has finally met its match. I'm assuming 10s on stock internals is within reason. Oh well, I guess its time to buy some heads.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

immature nuthuggin' at it's finest. You know exactly what I meant with your pathetic last comment of "finally............."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uc-i...eature=related
Old 05-07-2010, 06:30 PM
12 Second Club

I remember back when I was 20.......all 21 days ago
Old 05-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Not trying to be a dick or anything... but stop crying. Your in the kills section of ls1tech. What did you expect? This is the home of the most narrow-minded people in the history of racing. Get over it.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Finkle06
Not trying to be a dick or anything... but stop crying. Your in the kills section of ls1tech. What did you expect? This is the home of the most narrow-minded people in the history of racing. Get over it.
i wouldnt whole heartedly agree with that. there are plenty of completely close minded people here, but id say theres an equal if not more amount of open minded people.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:48 PM
TECH Resident

My beef with mustangs is that they were pretty gutless from the factory, at least compared to f-bodies...now that they've got some teeth i'll show them the respect they deserve.

*sigh* Well, we f-cars had a good run. Ten years on the top of the pile isn't to shabby for an extinct car.

Caveat: I say ten years because I don't count the 03-04 cobras. Don't get me wrong, they were sweet cars, and friggin fast too, but there were so few of them compared to run-of-the-mill mustangs that they're more like outliers than valid considerations.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SS101
My beef with mustangs is that they were pretty gutless from the factory, at least compared to f-bodies...now that they've got some teeth i'll show them the respect they deserve.

*sigh* Well, we f-cars had a good run. Ten years on the top of the pile isn't to shabby for an extinct car.

Caveat: I say ten years because I don't count the 03-04 cobras. Don't get me wrong, they were sweet cars, and friggin fast too, but there were so few of them compared to run-of-the-mill mustangs that they're more like outliers than valid considerations.
Why??
Old 05-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WSsick
i wouldnt whole heartedly agree with that. there are plenty of completely close minded people here, but id say theres an equal if not more amount of open minded people.
Yeah, until the word "import" comes into play. But there are some people here who are actually automotive enthusiasts rather than fan boys, which I do appreciate.

The new mustang sounds like a beast, but modifications are going to be difficult beyond bolt-ons and tuning. A DOHC cam swap makes me cringe in terms of cost/benefit.