Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mazda with "Got Boost" stickers, learned the hard way.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mazda with "Got Boost" stickers, learned the hard way.

A few weeks ago, I was coming back into town from some sprinted driving, once I got into town I get rolled up with what appears to be the equivalent of a wanna - be P-Ditty crew next to me and through town the make it apparent that they "had boost" based on the stickers and revving to where you could hear the BOV on the car.. So, I just let them play around and just after I took this picture we had the chance to roll onto the interstate..

Once we got on the interstate, one WOT blast through 3rd gear (60-100) they unfortunately found out the hard way that I had "boost". It was not a race, it was like the equivalent of a beating of a screen door in a hurricane.. It was bus-lengths, if not foot ball fields in just 40 mph of acceleration.

Although this was a weak kill, I will take it especially since they sport around the "got boost stickers" and they found someone who's "got boost".

Old 05-09-2010, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Personally I like the MS6's... awd, manual, turbo = fun daily driver. Would I put one up against a vette?? Nope. But they can move pretty good for a four cylinder.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TierAngst
Personally I like the MS6's... awd, manual, turbo = fun daily driver. Would I put one up against a vette?? Nope. But they can move pretty good for a four cylinder.
especially not a light *** blown z06, probably 3x those poor sap's hp
Old 05-09-2010, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ha ha! That's great. They wouldn't take yourcar if you didn't have boost.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You Sir, are a dick But if they were trying to get buck first...**** it, fair game.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

someone always has more boost! even if you "got boost"
Old 05-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

LOL nice
Old 05-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
You Sir, are a dick But if they were trying to get buck first...**** it, fair game.
I think that's great!!! lol

And hell yeah it's fair game, i have little bastards like that all the time popping their blowoff valve at me when i'm in my GTP wanting to race me. It's like they are trying to say HAHAHA you don't have a turbo................I keep mine quiet till we get on the highway an line up then i give it a little gas an let off to let them hear mine , uh ohhhh i gotz one of those too!!!!
Old 05-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"2002 GTP - Yeah it's supercharged AND turbocharged i don't know how it works but it does haha"\
89tang you serious about that supercharger and turbocharger? Like a big hp diesel? Always wonder if someone had gone that route before on a gas engine street car. I can't imagine any single bit of your drivetrain is happy about that though!

Whats it make? 1/4? How many trans a year do you go through? lol
Old 05-09-2010, 10:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
"2002 GTP - Yeah it's supercharged AND turbocharged i don't know how it works but it does haha"\
89tang you serious about that supercharger and turbocharger? Like a big hp diesel? Always wonder if someone had gone that route before on a gas engine street car. I can't imagine any single bit of your drivetrain is happy about that though!

from what ive heard, could be wrong, but the blower becomes a restriction on a "twincharged" engine and you are better off with a good flowing intake manifold. basically, how much mroe can you compress the already compressed air? but ive never done any actual research into it, o i could very well be mistaken. i know theres a hellion twin turbo kit for the terminators that retains the heaton.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by the jester 812
especially not a light *** blown z06, probably 3x those poor sap's hp
Like the saying goes, "don't bring a plastic knife to a gun fight".. They wanted to play, so I did for about 3 seconds, which was enough. I'm sure there is some thread on a mazda site stating that they handed some ZO6's his ***.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones

Yup i'm serious lol. See i made a home built turbo kit for it and took the S/C off but it was lagging on the lowend cause i didn't do my crossover pipe quite right so i put the S/C back on it just to see what would happen first time i hit the gas it was an instant 25psi of boost lol it took off like a rocket. I turned it down to about 16psi now for fear of blowing something up. Which is the main reason i never took it to the dyno or even to the track because the transmission is does not like it one bit, i'm pretty sure i'm running on borrowed time with it lol. The poor motor and tranny has been through methanol injection, nitrous, and now this.

It's a good conversation starter that's for sure lol
Old 05-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WSsick
from what ive heard, could be wrong, but the blower becomes a restriction on a "twincharged" engine and you are better off with a good flowing intake manifold. basically, how much mroe can you compress the already compressed air? but ive never done any actual research into it, o i could very well be mistaken. i know theres a hellion twin turbo kit for the terminators that retains the heaton.
That's what i have always read too and i always thought twincharged was a stupid idea also, but i had all the parts i figured i would try it. But i did read a guy done this and made 350whp on a buick regal GS (same motor as the GTP). I dunno if it was fast or not i'm guessing so with that kinda power.

Also there is a small butterfly before the rotors to recirculate air from the S/C when the car is idling or cruising. You can have that butterfly open all the time so the turbo forces air through that also.

Last edited by 89tang; 05-09-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AZZKIKR
Like the saying goes, "don't bring a plastic knife to a gun fight".. They wanted to play, so I did for about 3 seconds, which was enough. I'm sure there is some thread on a mazda site stating that they handed some ZO6's his ***.

**** a plastic knife, any knife period, hell, not even a sword!!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Good Puppy kickin' I guess.

I doubt they were seriously eggin' you on. They probably just wanted to see a nice z run, them having a turbo size of a midget's hand just added fuel to the fire with their bov.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
Good Puppy kickin' I guess.

I doubt they were seriously eggin' you on. They probably just wanted to see a nice z run, them having a turbo size of a midget's hand just added fuel to the fire with their bov.
Me thoughts exactly. Sometimes I'll antagonize people with zero intentions of even running my car just to see a nice car prove itself. You might rev a little bit or punch it a couple times, then as soon as they lay into it you just go back to casual driving and admire the bad *** nature of the particular car as it tears away.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nah he thinks he's fast I know that guy. Nice spanking!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:58 PM
TECH Resident

Thats a nice MS6, i think they look like SEX in white, but really not much can be done to them to make them compete with a vette.

Great year rounds DDs tho, awd, quick, fun to drive, and great interior.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

hahahahaa mean kill but a good one!

thats a good lookin MS6.
gota love the 4cy turbos for a DD.....but he as out of his league

Last edited by hugger1975; 05-13-2010 at 03:43 PM.