Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2009 Z06 vs 2006 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 02:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NoTractionLS1
I did 173 when running from some guys with lights on top of there vehicles in L.A....The quote in my sig has to do with that story! But I am stationed in 29 Palms CA (Marine Base) and the I-10 by my base just runs straight forever (no joke).
lol My one time I got busted seriously hauling *** (125mph) I nailed the brakes HARD as I approached the cruiser who had just crested the slight hill ahead of me and set my radar detector off: I came to a stop just on the other sideof that same rise. He came within a couple inches of hitting me after he came flying over that same rise chasing me! Thought for sure he was gonna hit me. Luckily my radar jamming license plate cover and lack of any metal infront of the radiator actually worked: he ticketed me for 92 in a 45, it was only when I was hard on the brakes and right infront of himthat his radar actually got a signal! I woulda ran myself, but the base front gate was directly ahead of me. Nowhere to go!!

I don't run anymore though: got kids and a wife to think about now. You?
Old 05-30-2010, 03:01 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
lol My one time I got busted seriously hauling *** (125mph) I nailed the brakes HARD as I approached the cruiser who had just crested the slight hill ahead of me and set my radar detector off: I came to a stop just on the other sideof that same rise. He came within a couple inches of hitting me after he came flying over that same rise chasing me! Thought for sure he was gonna hit me. Luckily my radar jamming license plate cover and lack of any metal infront of the radiator actually worked: he ticketed me for 92 in a 45, it was only when I was hard on the brakes and right infront of himthat his radar actually got a signal! I woulda ran myself, but the base front gate was directly ahead of me. Nowhere to go!!

I don't run anymore though: got kids and a wife to think about now. You?
Hahah yeah you were screwed in your situation. And Nope I am single 22 and got 37 days left till Terminal Leave. Then Im back in Texas ready to blow all my money on my car and go to college!
Old 06-05-2010, 01:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ....

Originally Posted by redctsv
It was fimed with my friends camera, he has the vids and soon as i get it i will post it up.
Hey buddy, does your friend need help getting the movie off his camera? Does he need to convert it to an MPEG or AVI file, if he needs help let me know i can take care of it and get the vid posted up.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:52 PM
9 Second Club

I'll be at Byron tomorrow looking for 8's. Hopefully I can figure out the launch and hook with the slicks. Hoping for decent weather. If anyone is going come say hello. My trailer says MFBA on the side of it. Black Twin Turbo WS-6.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:35 AM
Teching In

Default ...

Originally Posted by chasgiv3
I'll be at Byron tomorrow looking for 8's. Hopefully I can figure out the launch and hook with the slicks. Hoping for decent weather. If anyone is going come say hello. My trailer says MFBA on the side of it. Black Twin Turbo WS-6.
Awsome buddy, I do hope the weather is good as well, any flooding out that way?
Old 06-06-2010, 06:40 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by SLOW GTO
Awsome buddy, I do hope the weather is good as well, any flooding out that way?
No flooding to report.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Default ...

Redctsv,any video updates yet buddy?
Old 06-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

My friend who recorded it said he was working on it 2 weeks ago, i told him to go ahead and post in on you tube or streetfire.net. Ive been texting and calling my friend about the video for the last 2 weeks, but he hasnt gotten back to me yet. I will try to at least try to get the disc from him.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Teching In

Default ...

My friend who recorded it said he was working on it 2 weeks ago, i told him to go ahead and post in on you tube or streetfire.net. Ive been texting and calling my friend about the video for the last 2 weeks, but he hasnt gotten back to me yet. I will try to at least try to get the disc from him.
got ya. hows your car been?
Old 06-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Teching In

Default .....

any updates?

Quick Reply: 2009 Z06 vs 2006 GTO