Old 06-10-2010, 02:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gregrob
That's because you are incredibly simple. I would post a video demonstration but you'd probably get drool all over the keyboard trying to figure it out.
Yeah, I'm sure. You really are full of yourself... Not so much on real world knowledge...
Old 06-10-2010, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

That's because 85% of Europeans are openly gay.
So tell us... What percentage do you and your friends make up here in America?
Old 06-10-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Were growing with the amount of willing dick suckers like you.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes, 2 step on street tires, really. Doesnt that just blow your ******* mind.
So let me get the facts straight here. You say theres no skill in roll racing...only in dig racing, yet you need a 2 step in order to control your launch for you on the street. Hmmmm....it's all coming together now.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Teching In

2 step is a good way to get precise and consistent launches every time. What's wrong with that?
Old 06-10-2010, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Chris Arnold
2 step is a good way to get precise and consistent launches every time. What's wrong with that?
Preach
Old 06-10-2010, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
Well you wouldn't stand a chance against me from a roll or a dig so I really don't see your point.
If I had a zr1 I'd rather do a roll myself too because IMO those are too nice of cars to drag. But to each is their own. I think that roll racing doesn't take nearly as much skill as drag racing, but then again I'm sure circuit track guys probably make fun of us dragracers also
Old 06-10-2010, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chris Arnold
I never said theres anything wrong with it. I'm just stating that he makes fun of roll racing for having no skill involved, which I will agree requires LESS skill than drag racing, but then says he uses a 2 step for launching. It's not too hard to use a 2 step and just drop the clutch every time at a set RPM, as long as you have good tires.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Running strictly from a dig is just an excuse that your car sucks at speed, and vice versa. I'd race from a roll or a dig. It's two totally diff styles of racing. If I beat someone from a dig and get beat from a roll, it just tells me I'm a better driver off the line but that my car needs some more ***** up top. Granted there will ALWAYS be a faster car. I never take a race seriously. It's a hobby and racing is part of it, and I enjoy it, win or lose. If I get beat, oh well. Honestly, I've probably lost 75% of the people I've run in my shelby GT, but I will NEVER turn a run down.
No... Roll racing is for under developed cars that have not shown attention to other aspects that matter such as tires/suspension/rear/etc. Roll racing does NOT show the quicker/faster car. It usually shows who makes more power with better aero, in most cases.
Originally Posted by 99BlackTransAm
lol so why dont they have "roll" racing strips? "roll" racing is more ricer then me saying i beat your 10k$ modded car with my 2k$ modded car...
Correct.
Over in europe they use old runways and actually have "roll racing" meets and run cars from a roll. Only car losing in a roll race is the slower one. Like I said, strictly drag racing is an excuse that your car can't hang with another. I'm not saying drag racing is dumb because I drag my car a lot too. But I hate hearing "roll racing is not real racing!"
No, not the slower one.. The guy that had less money to pour into HP mods OR the one that poured money into other aspects as well as HP and is a correctly setup car that works.
Roll racing shows what a car is capable of.
I've heard all the excuses. Yea, ok, theres no circuit for it. Whatever. The point is, pulling up next to someone on the highway and running them while moving IS racing, whether you can cycle that through your thick head or not. I don't give a rats *** if it's in a circuit or not. Then again, all racing thats in a circuit is legal, and this IS the street racing and kills section, not the drag racing section.
Is it racing? Hell yes... Does it mean as much as dig? NO.

Heres deal.. I got dude sitting right next to me from TAMPA FL... I would say one of the roll racing centrals, no? He has a H/C C5Z himself.. All he does is roll racing, PERIOD. But he knows when it comes down to it the only way to see how well a car is built is from a dig because it takes ALL aspects into the situation and not just who makes more power and better aero. It is the ONLY way to show what a car is made of.
I will say that roll racing IS racing and drag racing IS racing. They both are "real" racing just like an m6 and a4 are both "real" transmissions. But dig racing is the business at the end of the day when it comes down to it. Any joe blow with 50K$ can build an insane roll racing car... Not anybody can build a car that will 60' in the 1.2X range and run 8s or quicker.
Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
I dunno...it's kind of difficult getting 800rwhp to hook on the street! At the track with track prep and slicks that's a different story. On the street though in a car like my vette, I wouldn't even waste the time. I prefer a nice, clean, simple 60-150 to see who's car is faster.
So what you are saying is because you can't get your car to work good enough you stick to what takes no skill at all in building? A roll racing monster...? I prefer to have a big of a challenge in the mix. Besides, if you are dig racing.. Leave it at the track.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lemons12
No... Roll racing is for under developed cars that have not shown attention to other aspects that matter such as tires/suspension/rear/etc. Roll racing does NOT show the quicker/faster car. It usually shows who makes more power with better aero, in most cases.
Soooooooo, wouldn't that be the faster car??

No, not the slower one.. The guy that had less money to pour into HP mods OR the one that poured money into other aspects as well as HP and is a correctly setup car that works.
Roll racing shows what a car is capable of.
Not true. It has every bit to do with weight and set up as well. A kid I know has a turbo 240SX. Car makes probably 310 whp and he hands it to my brothers 405 whp mustang from a roll. Mustang is much better set up for drag racing and has WAY more money into it, yet the 240 with 100 less HP pulls it on the highway due to weight.

Is it racing? Hell yes... Does it mean as much as dig? NO.
I agree with you there, it doesn't tell you as much about the car such as trap speed, 60ft, etc. All those factors play a BIG role in telling you how fast a car is.

Heres deal.. I got dude sitting right next to me from TAMPA FL... I would say one of the roll racing centrals, no? He has a H/C C5Z himself.. All he does is roll racing, PERIOD. But he knows when it comes down to it the only way to see how well a car is built is from a dig because it takes ALL aspects into the situation and not just who makes more power and better aero. It is the ONLY way to show what a car is made of.
I will say that roll racing IS racing and drag racing IS racing. They both are "real" racing just like an m6 and a4 are both "real" transmissions. But dig racing is the business at the end of the day when it comes down to it. Any joe blow with 50K$ can build an insane roll racing car... Not anybody can build a car that will 60' in the 1.2X range and run 8s or quicker.
They are 2 totally different set ups. Personally, I LOVE seeing a 900 HP supra take off like a rocket from a roll, or ANY car with big HP. I also like seeing front wheels pulled off the ground at the track. Like I said, I do both and I like both. I just can't stand when people pout about roll racing and say it isn't real racing.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

I never said theres anything wrong with it. I'm just stating that he makes fun of roll racing for having no skill involved, which I will agree requires LESS skill than drag racing, but then says he uses a 2 step for launching. It's not too hard to use a 2 step and just drop the clutch every time at a set RPM, as long as you have good tires.
Wrong. You "drop the clutch every time" as you say and your gonna spin on the street, even with a 2 step. You should actually try something before trying to sound like an expert about it.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:18 PM
TECH Regular

Soooooooo, wouldn't that be the faster car??
Roll racing usually lasts more than a 1/4, or so. Usually people go faster than they do in a 1/4. roll racing shows what car can go the fastest as in top speed. Not what car is the quickest. If that makes any sense.

There are cars that can w000p another car in the 1/4. But start going 150+ and the car with more aerodynamics and a bigger engine will always come on top. Even if it loses to said car in the 1/4. There is a difference between going FAST speed wise, and being quick.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wrong. You "drop the clutch every time" as you say and your gonna spin on the street, even with a 2 step. You should actually try something before trying to sound like an expert about it.
I've never used a 2 step personally but I would think with it set to the right RPM you technically should be able to "drop the clutch" for the most part and go. Don't listen to me though, I'm a 2 step neeeeewb. Never said I was an expert either. I street race 95% of the time and go to the strip the other 5%. Thats why I post in this section.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

did this seriously turn into a roll v. dig??

I'm willing to bet no less than 3 members made a comment like "roll racing shows which car is faster". Am I right?
Old 06-10-2010, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

This stupid bs is still going on. Lock this thread
Old 06-10-2010, 06:53 PM
11 Second Club

Hi???
Old 06-10-2010, 06:55 PM
10 Second Club

IBTL I dont really do much of dig races, but i like both....
Old 06-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ponygt65
did this seriously turn into a roll v. dig??

I'm willing to bet no less than 3 members made a comment like "roll racing shows which car is faster". Am I right?
Rolling digs are where it's at.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've never used a 2 step personally but I would think with it set to the right RPM you technically should be able to "drop the clutch" for the most part and go. Don't listen to me though, I'm a 2 step neeeeewb. Never said I was an expert either. I street race 95% of the time and go to the strip the other 5%. Thats why I post in this section.
Lol, awesome. You sound quite confident

Quick Reply: Built 306 Fox Body Rape