Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Built 306 Fox Body Rape

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010 | 07:16 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gregrob
Lol, awesome. You sound quite confident
He was just being honest. I'd rather see 100 posts like his than the pretentiousness that often saturates most car forums.

Originally Posted by 99BlackTransAm
yes turbo mustangs are lucky to hit 12.80s
*scratches head* wha?

Hell most non-intercooled supercharged 2vs with a stock block run faster than that. Turbo'd intercooled ones I've seen in the 11s. Without forged internals.

Last edited by Ke^in; 06-11-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Old 06-11-2010 | 07:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Hahaha
You shut the hell up!
Old 06-11-2010 | 07:37 AM
Staging Lane

Damn I just read through everything since my last post...from corrected times to my car's faster than yours to roll v. dig, even some gayness in all of that. 9 times out of 10 I roll race because you can't get anyone to go from a dig on the street...it's just more convenient and still a good time...but at the same time I dislike it because if a Camaro pulls up next to me and has any mods, I know once we get past 110 he will leave me. I've left many an LS1 from a dig HARD but that doesn't mean I'm dumb enough to get into a top end battle with him. Like I said, on the street it is convenient and I usually don't drive around with my DR's on for a dig race, but if the person is willing to plan ahead with me for a time, I can slap those bitches on there and launch...
Old 06-11-2010 | 08:50 AM
TECH Regular

I hate winning 1/4 races only for the loser to say "If we had another 1/8 mile to the race I'd have had you!"

That's basically him saying his car is slow from 0-80, but since it has more displacement, will over all go a faster mph eventually.

I don't see the impressiveness in that. And that's what most roll races are about. The quickest car wont always win in a roll race. I will usually be the one that can go the fastest.

There is a difference between being QUICK and going FASTER.
Old 06-11-2010 | 08:52 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ke^in
He was just being honest. I'd rather see 100 posts like his than the pretentiousness that often saturates most car forums.

*scratches head* wha?

Hell most non-intercooled supercharged 2vs with a stock block run faster than that. Turbo'd intercooled ones I've seen in the 11s. Without forged internals.
what part of "In my area" and "@ 5860 above sea level" did you not get? just askin..?
Old 06-11-2010 | 09:05 AM
TECH Regular

what part of "In my area" and "@ 5860 above sea level" did you not get? just askin..?
Now I am not one to act as if I know a ton about cars, or how they work. God knows that would be pretentious of me to do so. But I was under the impression that boosted cars aren't as effected by elevation as N/A cars are. If I am incorrect in this matter, I thoroughly apologize.
Old 06-11-2010 | 10:12 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by lemons12
No... Roll racing is for under developed cars that have not shown attention to other aspects that matter such as tires/suspension/rear/etc. Roll racing does NOT show the quicker/faster car. It usually shows who makes more power with better aero, in most cases.
Please explain to me how it does not show who has the "faster" car? Obviously if two cars line up from a roll the 'faster' car usually wins. It's not rocket science.

Originally Posted by lemons12
So what you are saying is because you can't get your car to work good enough you stick to what takes no skill at all in building? A roll racing monster...? I prefer to have a big of a challenge in the mix. Besides, if you are dig racing.. Leave it at the track.
Who said anything about my car The last time I checked there was a low 9-second G/N sitting in my garage. I'd say she goes down the 1/4 track quite well. And she's pretty fast from a roll too.
Old 06-11-2010 | 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

Now I am not one to act as if I know a ton about cars, or how they work. God knows that would be pretentious of me to do so. But I was under the impression that boosted cars aren't as effected by elevation as N/A cars are. If I am incorrect in this matter, I thoroughly apologize.
thats what people say yes, but when you see them put up the times they do, makes you wana think differnt...
Old 06-11-2010 | 10:20 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by armyboyatc
Actually tough guy I am currently deployed to Iraq. Im not just playin bad *** over the internet, I am playing BAD *** in REAL LIFE. Something I dont expect you to know anything about. So think about that before you tell someone to "MAN" up. Pretty cute how you have to look me up on here and see what I post about. Wow some life you must have. Just cause im new to LS1 cars I automatically dont know anything about what im talking about..... Right, I get it, so none of the other camaros, trans ams or the corvette I've owned meant anything. Not even when they recieved new motors equipped with heads and cam. They were not LS1 cars. LT1 and L98 and guess what... Yea I smoked Mustangs with those all day long too. I said in my origional post "there are mustangs that I have respect for" just not that many. Its hard to respect them when they are always in the rear view. Also, I love the last sentence " You have no idea who you are talking to over the internet" I hope you werent talking about yourself LMAO because what the hell are you to me besides some fat *** who sits behind the computer screen and trys to explain to people how great mustangs are. You dont pay my bills so I personally dont give a damn about what you say. Maybe you should go work at a ford dealership and sell mustangs. Prolly better than the stay at home dad job you have now. Oh and one final thing Mr. Badass, if cobras are so great then why dont you own one?
I just had to quote this, continue thread.
Old 06-11-2010 | 10:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
Please explain to me how it does not show who has the "faster" car?
It shows what car can go the fastest. Not what car is the quickest however. There are cars for example that are heavy, with a huge v12 engine that can go 180+mph. However, in a quarter mile race they would get slaughtered. So yes, one car having the ability to go 180 over a car that has the ability to go 160 IS a faster car. But it certainly doesn't mean it's quicker.

thats what people say yes
Because that's usually how it is.
but when you see them put up the times they do, makes you wana think differnt...
Maybe the drivers just suck up there? A boosted car isn't going to lose a whole second in time in that elevation. If anything, a boosted car would have an ADVANTAGE.
Old 06-11-2010 | 10:49 AM
TECH Addict

Holy **** there is a lot of stupid in here.
Old 06-11-2010 | 01:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
You act like it's something new
Old 06-11-2010 | 01:40 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95
Damn I just read through everything since my last post...from corrected times to my car's faster than yours to roll v. dig, even some gayness in all of that. 9 times out of 10 I roll race because you can't get anyone to go from a dig on the street...it's just more convenient and still a good time...but at the same time I dislike it because if a Camaro pulls up next to me and has any mods, I know once we get past 110 he will leave me. I've left many an LS1 from a dig HARD but that doesn't mean I'm dumb enough to get into a top end battle with him. Like I said, on the street it is convenient and I usually don't drive around with my DR's on for a dig race, but if the person is willing to plan ahead with me for a time, I can slap those bitches on there and launch...
I'm anxious to know what that little stang of yours has under the hood and what kind of times it runs......
Old 06-11-2010 | 01:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
Please explain to me how it does not show who has the "faster" car? Obviously if two cars line up from a roll the 'faster' car usually wins. It's not rocket science.
that comment always cracks me up. It's as if everything but a gas pedal and a motor disappear when a roll race happens.

THE ONLY THING a roll race eliminates is the launch factor. That's it. Some of you guys act like a roll race eliminates short shifting, gearing, weight transfer, botched shifts, shifting late. All of that still takes into consideration and is a measurement of what is 'quicker' in acceleration. There's speed and then there's acceleration. basic math really.

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
No ****.
Old 06-11-2010 | 01:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ponygt65
There's speed and then there's acceleration. basic math really.
BINGO! Speed is how fast you are going. Acceleration is how long it took you to get there.

Most car races have to do with the latter.

One car may be able to hit 180mph, and another 150mph. But that doesn't mean the 180mph car can out accelerate the 150mph car.

For example I knew a guy that had bought a used (and abused) LS1 GTO. He claimed since his speedometer went to 180 or 200 (can't remember) that he could beat me in a race. Now I know usually a stock LS1 GTO will take a 2v GT, but this was one exception. (I beat the driver) He claimed since I beat him, I HAD to have been running "NOS" because HIS car was rated at 200mph or whatever. I get this all the time from people. Mostly teens and young 20 year olds.
Old 06-11-2010 | 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that comment always cracks me up. It's as if everything but a gas pedal and a motor disappear when a roll race happens.

THE ONLY THING a roll race eliminates is the launch factor. That's it. Some of you guys act like a roll race eliminates short shifting, gearing, weight transfer, botched shifts, shifting late. All of that still takes into consideration and is a measurement of what is 'quicker' in acceleration. There's speed and then there's acceleration. basic math really.

No ****.
Check out the big brain on Pony.
Old 06-11-2010 | 01:53 PM
9 Second Club

No ****.

Seems you navigate the internet looking for me where ever I go Pony. Won't you just drive down and hang out with me? Were not that far from each other.
Old 06-11-2010 | 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

No ****.
Glad there are some people that appreciate roll racing as well. And well said on that. You are correct that it ONLY takes the launch factor out. Some cars are built to launch. That being said, that car will most likely win or do very well from a dig race, however the faster car will always pull more from a roll.
Old 06-11-2010 | 02:07 PM
9 Second Club

BINGO! Speed is how fast you are going. Acceleration is how long it took you to get there.

Most car races have to do with the latter.

One car may be able to hit 180mph, and another 150mph. But that doesn't mean the 180mph car can out accelerate the 150mph car.

For example I knew a guy that had bought a used (and abused) LS1 GTO. He claimed since his speedometer went to 180 or 200 (can't remember) that he could beat me in a race. Now I know usually a stock LS1 GTO will take a 2v GT, but this was one exception. (I beat the driver) He claimed since I beat him, I HAD to have been running "NOS" because HIS car was rated at 200mph or whatever. I get this all the time from people. Mostly teens and young 20 year olds.
Lets please not turn roll racing into advanced calculus please. Thanks.
Old 06-11-2010 | 02:11 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Glad there are some people that appreciate roll racing as well. And well said on that. You are correct that it ONLY takes the launch factor out. Some cars are built to launch. That being said, that car will most likely win or do very well from a dig race, however the faster car will always pull more from a roll.
Exactly my point. I'm just not going to take the time to explain it to these knuckleheads.

Last edited by ARCTIC '00; 06-11-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Built 306 Fox Body Rape