Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

760 awhp GTR vs 476 RAW WHEEL HORSEPOWER Viper alt.vid

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 09:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you are forced induction anything you add just multiplies the power exponentially. All motor is awesome but at such a disadvantage.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Killemall
i found many many many like that while doing my search..

You have to remember that people rarely talk of these forgotten comrads that have headers/intake/tune and hit 470 rwhp sae..they kinda mention the guy with those mods that hits 480..

But the guys whi hit 490 plus everyone talks about..makes it seem like everyone is doing it...

like I say...6 hours of searching threads and googling z06 dynoes is pretty exhausting. but i was expecting to find atleaste 10 people who had done the 500 rwhp mark on bolt ons no problem..

i found 2 and one of them was hearsay..

I really hope someone will step up and prove me wrong.I mean if it really is easy to hit 500 rwhp sae then anyone should be able to make a list of 10 people in an hour and show just how easy 500 rwhp from bolt ons is on a c6z06....

The only car I would really belieave "easy" on is the GTR..Thoses guys seem to hit 500 awhp from just down pipe and tune
you may want to do some more... there are some people that did hit the 500whp mark not even with full bolt-ons! and hopefully i will with the ported intake/tb in august! its all about the tune and dyno!

and FI cars are different, esp tuning since you can take the boost up and get some nice gains!

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
if they are making 470whp with intake, headers, and tune they have a terrible tuner and prolly have a "dog" performance wise compared to most.
this is intake, headers, and tune 498whp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0omvUAjjf8c
intake, headers, 160 tstat, and tune 515whp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLLZielwc4U
hard to find more since most have a cam
Old 06-20-2010, 07:32 PM
TECH Regular

i dont doubt u will hit 500whp with ease with those mods
i thought i heard that the ls7's dont like spray or did i hear that wrong? like i heard its risky or something
Old 06-20-2010, 07:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
i dont doubt u will hit 500whp with ease with those mods
i thought i heard that the ls7's dont like spray or did i hear that wrong? like i heard its risky or something
they just posted this yesterday lol

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...-mods-n2o.html

and yea with the ported intake/tb.... im sure I will! I was hoping for 495+ with my mods right now, but well.......
Old 06-20-2010, 07:59 PM
TECH Regular

good to know, when i get mine i might just have to spray a little 75shot on top of intake/tune/160tstat only. would be a blast on the freeway ;]

Quick Reply: 760 awhp GTR vs 476 RAW WHEEL HORSEPOWER Viper alt.vid