Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

STI w/340whp 350wtq...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Yea the new body styles are all pretty crappy looking. I think the 4 door turbo cars really had thier golden days between 04-07. Those styles were great looking between both the STi and evo, but 08+ they both got really botched up. I also think it's rediculous what those cars sell for!! I swear I've seen some with 50k miles selling for just a few thousand under what they sold for new!
I agree I wouldn't mind an older STi for a DD but there still like 20k+ and thats just insane, epically the miles that are on them like you stated.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea the new body styles are all pretty crappy looking. I think the 4 door turbo cars really had thier golden days between 04-07. Those styles were great looking between both the STi and evo, but 08+ they both got really botched up.
I think the EVO X looks pretty hot:

Old 06-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Staging Lane

Looking like that, yes. I don't take it those are factory options, are they?
Old 06-18-2010, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

Yea the new body styles are all pretty crappy looking. I think the 4 door turbo cars really had thier golden days between 04-07. Those styles were great looking between both the STi and evo, but 08+ they both got really botched up. I also think it's rediculous what those cars sell for!! I swear I've seen some with 50k miles selling for just a few thousand under what they sold for new!
I looked at an 06 Evo on autotrader with 25k miles on it. Judging from the pics, it was well maintained inside and out. There asking $29k for it, so i got on kelly blue book to check the price for that model with the miles on it and sure enough. KBB gave me a price of $26k for it.

So im guessing they maintain there value very well, but if your saying there just a few 1000 bucks less then they were new with 50k miles. Then i guess you really gotta talk them down on the price or something. I dont think at that much miles, any car should hold there value well. I know for that amount of miles, i wont even buy a C6 Vette for $30k. Might as well save up and get it new then.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Badguy7
I looked at an 06 Evo on autotrader with 25k miles on it. Judging from the pics, it was well maintained inside and out. There asking $29k for it, so i got on kelly blue book to check the price for that model with the miles on it and sure enough. KBB gave me a price of $26k for it.

So im guessing they maintain there value very well, but if your saying there just a few 1000 bucks less then they were new with 50k miles. Then i guess you really gotta talk them down on the price or something. I dont think at that much miles, any car should hold there value well. I know for that amount of miles, i wont even buy a C6 Vette for $30k. Might as well save up and get it new then.
I wasn't being really specific on the price and mileage issue but yes, thats what I meant....My brother paid $26k for his 2006 evo 2 years ago with right around 40k miles on it. I don't know exactly what they sell for new but it can't be more than low 30's. Those are not cheap "tuner" cars!
Old 06-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Ouch, working on that looks like about as much fun as a rectal exam.
Attached Thumbnails STI w/340whp 350wtq...-stieb.jpg  
Old 06-18-2010, 02:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by snake95
You aint kidding. My brother had a WRX at one point as well, and he opened his hood for me to check out the motor when he brought it home. I looked at it quick and just laughed and then said something to him along the lines of what you just said.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

I like the STi over the EVO if I was to buy one, ive had a lot of friends with DMS back in the day and some were fast, when and if they ran. Most of the time they didnt
But im sure the evo might be alittle better but still....

If I bought a sti Id have to pull the stupid wing off before id even register the thing lol
Old 06-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mr.Slow
Looking like that, yes. I don't take it those are factory options, are they?
Really the only visual modifications are the spoiler/splitter, wheels, and suspension...

Here's a more stock-appearing one:

Old 06-18-2010, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

I wasn't being really specific on the price and mileage issue but yes, thats what I meant....My brother paid $26k for his 2006 evo 2 years ago with right around 40k miles on it. I don't know exactly what they sell for new but it can't be more than low 30's. Those are not cheap "tuner" cars!
****, i remember last year there was a white 1 at a local dealership and they wanted $41k for it. Idk if it finally sold or was bought by another dealership. It was there for a good 4months then up and disappeared.

For the right price, i would get one. Nice DD with some speed to go with it.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Badguy7
****, i remember last year there was a white 1 at a local dealership and they wanted $41k for it. Idk if it finally sold or was bought by another dealership. It was there for a good 4months then up and disappeared.

For the right price, i would get one. Nice DD with some speed to go with it.
The MR ones sticker for about that price.

Last years auto show here in Phoenix, they had a 2010 evo MR on the show floor (looked pretty decent, had BBS wheels on it), and sticker was at $41k and change.

Interior left MUCH to be desired for that price. Both my girlfriend and I were shocked actually :/
Old 06-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gaunt
The MR ones sticker for about that price.

Last years auto show here in Phoenix, they had a 2010 evo MR on the show floor (looked pretty decent, had BBS wheels on it), and sticker was at $41k and change.

Interior left MUCH to be desired for that price. Both my girlfriend and I were shocked actually :/
O god thats insane they are just to over priced in my eyes. Ill stick with my vette. **** for 40k I have seen some 08 LS3's go for that and those engines just love mods.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Thats awesome! Great race
Old 06-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NoTractionLS1
I totally agree with you on the motor build but the new EVO's are just ridiculous looking. And even the STi's don't appeal to me that much at all either. I just like the sound of a STi, only thing they got going for themselves. But for the price they must be crazy for those cars. Im perfectly happy with my 02 Z06 for 20k with low miles vs a 30k plus car that would just get walked by me.Im just sayin.

Funny you should say that. I had two previous cars before my Z06. 2004 neon srt-4 and a 2004 wrx wagon. I sold them both in hopes of buying an sti. I found a really clean 2005 sti, but the guy wanted more then it was worth. So I ended up paying 17,000 for an 03 Z06. Twice the car, almost double the power. The only time I'm gonna regret my decission is during the winter months. I'll be stuck driving a buick regal

On a side note, subarus are awesome in the winter. And you can't beat that rumble.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by snake95
Its really not as bad as you think. Once you take off the intercooler and the intake hose everything is basically out of the way. I installed a Stage 4 kit with a VF22 turbo on my 02' WRX when I had it. I still miss that car. I want another Bugeye WRX as a winter car.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurlee Daddee
Its really not as bad as you think. Once you take off the intercooler and the intake hose everything is basically out of the way. I installed a Stage 4 kit with a VF22 turbo on my 02' WRX when I had it. I still miss that car. I want another Bugeye WRX as a winter car.
Yeah...I guess it looks scary because it's so different looking than a Windsor or LS motor.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:48 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
suprising outcome my buddy didnt make that much power in his sti and would beat cam'd ls1's, 450hp gto's, and a h/c ws6 from rolls. and keep up with cammed ls2 gto's
I agree, I would think if it's really making 350whp it would be trapping in the high teens. I don't see his gearing dropping him back that badly.

Maybe he should have it checked out if he wasn't exaggerating?
Old 06-25-2010, 04:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

suprising outcome my buddy didnt make that much power in his sti and would beat cam'd ls1's, 450hp gto's, and a h/c ws6 from rolls. and keep up with cammed ls2 gto's
Maybe your buddie with the sti was sandbagin on his mods and realy made alot more.

There is no reason a stock turbo sti should hang with H/C f-bodies.
Your buddies need to learn how to drive.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:46 AM

Sounds like someone was lying about his power. At least he was doing it the right way though.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:20 AM
TECH Regular

The EVO X would make a pretty badass DD.
The only car that offers as much in an AWD package (for those of us in the North) is the ugly STI.

The MR version is overpriced, but I wouldn't even bother with it.
I have heard that the automated manual doesn't hold up very well.

Quick Reply: STI w/340whp 350wtq...