Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

STI w/340whp 350wtq...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 08:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default STI w/340whp 350wtq...

Raced a buddie of mine, his STI is full bolt ons, with a very aggressive tune to squeeze out every HP possible. It is still on the stock turbo. he made 340hp 350tq

My mods are in my sig.

I pulled right off the honk and he just need even slowed down my pull, by 120 I thought maybe he missed a gear. But after the race I asked him and he said he gave it all it had.

enjoy the VID

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll2aVwePwbY
Old 06-17-2010, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Woo hoo first reply!

Anyways, sweet kill. STI's don't impress me much. I'm not a big fan of the engine design in them.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I personally like the boxer engine subaru runs. I want to get an STI for my wife to drive. All wheel drive is nice in the winter lol
Old 06-17-2010, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

suprising outcome my buddy didnt make that much power in his sti and would beat cam'd ls1's, 450hp gto's, and a h/c ws6 from rolls. and keep up with cammed ls2 gto's
Old 06-17-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS12Fast4U
I personally like the boxer engine subaru runs. I want to get an STI for my wife to drive. All wheel drive is nice in the winter lol
Ya a STI is my dream winter car too, but I dont see it happing.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Woo hoo first reply!

Anyways, sweet kill. STI's don't impress me much. I'm not a big fan of the engine design in them.
Hey, HEY, it's STi.

You don't capitalize the i...
Apparently that's a big deal to some subbie owners too.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Hey, HEY, it's STi.

You don't capitalize the i...
Apparently that's a big deal to some subbie owners too.
In 2006, Subaru officially changed it so all three letters are capitalized.

Lulz.

Anyways, Subarus are cool and all, but I would never modify one besides BPUs.

That's a fucked up engine bay...
Old 06-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Nice kill, those 107mph trapping STi's are no joke.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:28 PM
***Repost Police***

I don't know why Subaru/EVO owners insist on doing roll races so much. They need to take advantage of their car's strengths; AWD and short gearing.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I don't know why Subaru/EVO owners insist on doing roll races so much. They need to take advantage of their car's strengths; AWD and short gearing.
The stock/low power guys love digs.

Most guys in my area with decent power and guys that have broke **** don't do digs.
And the ones that Do have way to much HP for me to try to race

LMAO , what If I write it ST-i , kinda like cts-v ??
Old 06-17-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I agree and disagree with this......seeing all of these evo's and AWD turbo imports has given me a new appreciation for these cars from a roll. They are just sick even top end with the right mods I mean trapping 120+ its nuts. If you watch some youtube vids youll notcie a lot more of them are roll racing.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:48 PM
Teching In

Expected.. STi's (heh) and Evos are at a disadvantage from a roll... although it's not as deadly to their cars... the cars seem like a nightmare to do anything more than BPUs on like that one guy said.

Although it is incredible seeing how fast they can make those four bangers go...
Old 06-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good kill. But im not a huge fan of the STi's but I do like them better than EVO's and there owners....god are those guys cocky!
Old 06-18-2010, 12:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NoTractionLS1
Good kill. But im not a huge fan of the STi's but I do like them better than EVO's and there owners....god are those guys cocky!
Funny you say that....my brother had an evo MR and that car was bad. Made 340 awhp and laid an *** whooping on my stang. Evo's have a better engine design and make more power per dollar hands down than STi's (happy? LOL) I love evo's and actually wouldn't mind having one. They have such a sweet tone when modified too. My bro's had cams and that thing sounded bad *** at idle. Just my opinion!
Old 06-18-2010, 12:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

EVO>STi.......hands down evo blows the sti out of the water if you wanna make them fast for less money. I think i favor the STi looks wise though minues the wing, interiors on both leave a lot to be desired though.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:32 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Funny you say that....my brother had an evo MR and that car was bad. Made 340 awhp and laid an *** whooping on my stang. Evo's have a better engine design and make more power per dollar hands down than STi's (happy? LOL) I love evo's and actually wouldn't mind having one. They have such a sweet tone when modified too. My bro's had cams and that thing sounded bad *** at idle. Just my opinion!
I totally agree with you on the motor build but the new EVO's are just ridiculous looking. And even the STi's don't appeal to me that much at all either. I just like the sound of a STi, only thing they got going for themselves. But for the price they must be crazy for those cars. Im perfectly happy with my 02 Z06 for 20k with low miles vs a 30k plus car that would just get walked by me.Im just sayin.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:54 AM
11 Second Club

I love how STis sound, and I'm a fan of pulling the wing off and sticking a regular wrx one on there, no matter which body style. Other than that, I'm aware they aren't cheap to make fast.

Good run OP
Old 06-18-2010, 08:11 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah, our cars aren't really designed with drag racing in mind, but short gearing and awd make us deadly from a dig. Unless you're running a meaty tire and are really on your game, it's hard playing catchup from a stoplight. At 22 psi, my car runs real well with basic modified fbodies. I lost to a stock c6 from a dig due to not launching. 350 awhp from bolt ons is hard to believe. The butt dyno in tuners for our cars claims that much crank horsepower. Those numbers would make me think he'd have more done.

I wanted a z06 too. Just after the fun I had driving my sti, I fell in love. Her place is on dirt or a circuit, not a 60 roll for sure. I found it ironic though how my buddies in f bodies who all taunt the built hondas to go from a dig instead of a roll approached me to race from a roll the first time I took it to the meet.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NoTractionLS1
I totally agree with you on the motor build but the new EVO's are just ridiculous looking. And even the STi's don't appeal to me that much at all either. I just like the sound of a STi, only thing they got going for themselves. But for the price they must be crazy for those cars. Im perfectly happy with my 02 Z06 for 20k with low miles vs a 30k plus car that would just get walked by me.Im just sayin.
Yea the new body styles are all pretty crappy looking. I think the 4 door turbo cars really had thier golden days between 04-07. Those styles were great looking between both the STi and evo, but 08+ they both got really botched up. I also think it's rediculous what those cars sell for!! I swear I've seen some with 50k miles selling for just a few thousand under what they sold for new!
Old 06-18-2010, 08:41 AM
Teching In

Good kill

subarus are amazing in the snow. I'm glad that summer is here so I can drive the vette. But on the other hand I wish it was snowing so I could drift my wagon. Stage 2 wakes the wrx's and sti's right up. Gotta love the exhaust note with unequal length headers.

Quick Reply: STI w/340whp 350wtq...