Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

1st Highway Kill of 2010-370Z

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr370z
Nice kill! How much did you get on him?

Lol @ anyone saying they're overpriced and slouches. Remember guys its just a v6 I'm impressed with how much car you get for the money, its the best (new) sports car you can get for the $. Then again I can see why many people call these cars slow on here because there are some very fast rides on here. Once again, nice kill
I agree and disagree. I am impressed with them only in stock form, after that they are not that impressive.
Two reasons hinder their modding capabilities.

1. It is a smaller displacement motor so naturally that will not net as much gain as a larger displacement motor.
2. They come from the factory built pretty well. You don't pick up a significant amount of power from bolt ons/cams/heads/tune/etc.

I really like them a lot, would make for a nice DD.. I just couldn't own a Nissan. Not that I am brand loyal but we have had 4-5 different types of Nissans in our family and every one had been flagged with problem after problem. The GF actually looked into getting a 350Z and I looked into G35s.. After spending a few months on the boards I decided against it. After reading the problems (and down falls) of the platform, especially with the miles on the car, I decided it would not be wise to go that route.

Either way, they look good and perform solid, especially for the price, in stock form.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketZ06
Good kill! 370's are slow and over priced.
thats funny. cause i got mine for 27k... and we run anywhere from 13.1 to 13.5 anywhere from 104 to 108 stock... so lets get this straight. exact same times as a ls1.. and didnt the trans am's and camaro's also cost in the upper 20K range? and actually bolton 370's are hitting 12.6's thats pretty good for header/intake/exhaust/hfc. actually THATS EXACTLY what ls1's run with the same mods.... go figure..... some of you really need to open your eyes and get over yourselves. ive already proven that yes to a certain point an sl1 is cheaper to mod but after a certain point it evens right back out spending the same amount. there are quite a few vq powered cars that would eat alive pretty much everyone here.... just sayin

anyone who thinks the 370z is overpriced or slow is a moron and just cant accept something other than what they drive is nice. thats the purest definition of ricer i can think of. i guess we shouldn't even bring up the 370z would run circles around a ls1 in a road course? ntm i enjoy running equal to what my TA did stock and still getting 33mpg on the interstate with an auto.

and just for rocketz06....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRNjR6ULyXg
incase you have any more doubts on how stout the vq engines are.

Last edited by GXPPOWER; 06-27-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr370z
Nice kill! How much did you get on him?

Lol @ anyone saying they're overpriced and slouches. Remember guys its just a v6 I'm impressed with how much car you get for the money, its the best (new) sports car you can get for the $. Then again I can see why many people call these cars slow on here because there are some very fast rides on here. Once again, nice kill

you will realize after a while most of the kids on this site and even adults are blessed with ignorance on anything outside an ls1/GM
Old 06-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
thats funny. cause i got mine for 27k... and we run anywhere from 13.1 to 13.5 anywhere from 104 to 108 stock... so lets get this straight. exact same times as a ls1.. and didnt the trans am's and camaro's also cost in the upper 20K range? and actually bolton 370's are hitting 12.6's thats pretty good for header/intake/exhaust/hfc. actually THATS EXACTLY what ls1's run with the same mods.... go figure..... some of you really need to open your eyes and get over yourselves. ive already proven that yes to a certain point an sl1 is cheaper to mod but after a certain point it evens right back out spending the same amount. there are quite a few vq powered cars that would eat alive pretty much everyone here.... just sayin

anyone who thinks the 370z is overpriced or slow is a moron and just cant accept something other than what they drive is nice. thats the purest definition of ricer i can think of. i guess we shouldn't even bring up the 370z would run circles around a ls1 in a road course? ntm i enjoy running equal to what my TA did stock and still getting 33mpg on the interstate with an auto

Well I do agree with you on some of the points you made, besides one thing your comparing it to a car that came out 12 years ago. For a car that old and Nissan is just getting a car to the some point as the LS1, it's just not that impressive in my eyes.

For LS1/LS6 these engine are still tearing up the streets and track and there still keeping the new cars on there toes.

I had a chance to race a fully bolt on 370z off of my base and I still put cars on him. Mind you I was in my Z06 (stock) it still did not impress me, even the guy said he was mad with the amount of money he paid for the car and mods and he still couldn't keep up with me. For the price I could buy another C5Z06 and run CIRCLES around it at the track/Street/drag strip all day.

O and I get 30mpg on the highway as well.

Last edited by NoTractionLS1; 06-27-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Banned

you will realize after a while most of the kids on this site and even adults are blessed with ignorance on anything outside an ls1/GM
You do realize this is a GM site, so of course people are gonna favor a GM car over anything else for the most part. So don't get mad when you come on a GM site thinking you not gonna get bashed for praising anything but a GM.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Gtfo you Nissan nut swinger. I remember murdering countless 350z's and 370's in my pos neon srt-4. Your **** is slow. What's next, nissans interior is better then chevorlets? Maybe mod your turd, before you start talking **** on any gm product. Go post up somemore videos, of full on race cars. Any nissans in the 4's yet rice boy?
Old 06-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NoTractionLS1

I had a chance to race a fully bolt on 370z off of my base and I still put cars on him. Mind you I was in my Z06 (stock) it still did not impress me, even the guy said he was mad with the amount of money he paid for the car and mods and he still couldn't keep up with me. For the price I could buy another C5Z06 and run CIRCLES around it at the track/Street/drag strip all day.
Lol stop it man! Your gonna make this nut swinger furious.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:13 PM
***Repost Police***

You do realize this is a GM site, so of course people are gonna favor a GM car over anything else for the most part. So don't get mad when you come on a GM site thinking you not gonna get bashed for praising anything but a GM.
It doesn't matter what site you are on, ignorance is ignorance. GM does not even make a car in the same category as the 370Z. Nobody here is "praising" anything but you idiots, we are just acknowledging what a car can and can't do.
Gtfo you Nissan nut swinger. I remember murdering countless 350z's and 370's in my pos neon srt-4. Your **** is slow. What's next, nissans interior is better then chevorlets? Maybe mod your turd, before you start talking **** on any gm product. Go post up somemore videos, of full on race cars. Any nissans in the 4's yet rice boy?
Maybe since you kiddos haven't been here that long, you don't realize that GXP used to have an LS1 F-body. Traded it for the 370Z. So I'm pretty sure he understands both cars pretty well.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
It doesn't matter what site you are on, ignorance is ignorance. GM does not even make a car in the same category as the 370Z. Nobody here is "praising" anything but you idiots, we are just acknowledging what a car can and can't do.

Maybe since you kiddos haven't been here that long, you don't realize that GXP used to have an LS1 F-body. Traded it for the 370Z. So I'm pretty sure he understands both cars pretty well.
What do you drive?
Old 06-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

all them z's are a joke until you go f/i.

even the overpriced nismos look rice as **** for me. Sure they handle good, but who the **** actually makes 50g turns.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:27 PM
***Repost Police***

What do you drive?
Right now? Nothing. Last car was an '03 S2000, car before that was an '01 Mustang GT, before that an '05 Frontier, before that a '98 Mustang GT, before that a '94 Integra GS-R. I joined this site while I had the Frontier and an '03 Suzuki SV650 (motorcycle), and was looking for either an LS1 WS6 or an LS2 GTO. I stayed because with a few exceptions (such as you), this forum is unbiased and full of intelligent open-minded people.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Staging Lane

GM doesn't have to make an overpriced girl car.

Last I checked the 2010 camaro beat all the Z's in every road course they pinned them against.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:29 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
GM doesn't have to make an overpriced girl car.

Last I checked the 2010 camaro beat all the Z's in every road course they pinned them against.
I don't give two ***** about the numbers kid. The Camaro isn't a sports car, and the 370Z is. If you need clarification of that, apparently you also don't know what a sports car is. I could make a '95 S10 go around a road course fast, but that doesn't make it anything but a fast pickup.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

I don't give two ***** about the numbers kid. The Camaro isn't a sports car, and the 370Z is. If you need clarification of that, apparently you also don't know what a sports car is. I could make a '95 S10 go around a road course fast, but that doesn't make it anything but a fast pickup.
Did I hurt your feelings?

Bring your stock 370z (oh wait you don't have one) to the track and I'll ******* run circles around it in my 4,000lbs camaro.

Z's are a ******* joke until you go F/I and every Z owner is a either a metrosexual ****, or a queer who thinks his fast and furious car is gods gift to the world with his dual fart cannons.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:36 PM
***Repost Police***

You sound like a spoiled kid who's parents paid for him to go to OU (or one of those REALLY unfortunate people that actually grew up in Norman), and bought him whatever car he wanted. I take it you watched Transformers and really liked Bumblebee? I don't care what your car can do, if you couldn't tell. Different people like different types of cars. I personally like cars that don't weigh 4,000lbs and have three pedals. So you obviously don't care about sports cars.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Get off my dick. The only decent car you've had was the s2k. That's actually a neat little car. So go ride your ******* pedal bike you fairy. Go kill yourself you dumb *** nut swinger.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Banned

Well I have been on this site since 2004 (Deleted my old account due to no more name changes). And as for the kiddo's part dude, real mature on your part. I can tell you may be like 40 but act like a 10th grader. But I never said anything about him being on here just telling him when he post up or starts talking about certain cars other then GM hes gonna get flamed. And cool he used to own a TA I could careless, but when you come on Tech showing us Full on race cars of Nissan's people are gonna troll on you, end of story.

And about us being idiots we are just stating facts that matter to us just like he was (its a car forum were gonna debate over certain things and not always agree). When I was looking at a new car for track and drag racing. I look at the total cost, Mods and the prices they will cost to do. General knowledge of the car and driveability. Right now C5Z06's are going for 22k average, right now you cannot get a faster more reliable car that will run low 12's all day and tear it up on road racing. So congrats on getting a car for 27k that is keeping up with cars 12 years old. As for track I have seen Miata's, S2k's ect ect all dog on the 350/370 Z's on the track.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:40 PM
***Repost Police***

Well I have been on this site since 2004 (Deleted my old account due to no more name changes). And as for the kiddo's part dude, real mature on your part. I can tell you may be like 40 but act like a 10th grader. But I never said anything about him being on here just telling him when he post up or starts talking about certain cars other then GM hes gonna get flamed. And cool he used to own a TA I could careless, but when you come on Tech showing us Full on race cars of Nissan's people are gonna troll on you, end of story.

And about us being idiots we are just stating facts that matter to us just like he was (its a car forum were gonna debate over certain things and not always agree). When I was looking at a new car for track and drag racing. I look at the total cost, Mods and the prices they will cost to do. General knowledge of the car and driveability. Right now C5Z06's are going for 22k average, right now you cannot get a faster more reliable car that will run low 12's all day and tear it up on road racing. So congrats on getting a car for 27k that is keeping up with cars 12 years old. As for track I have seen Miata's, S2k's ect ect all dog on the 350/370 Z's on the track.
One question for you; regardless of when it was released or when the technology was introduced, do you think that LS1 F-bodies were also slow and overpriced? What about the $40k LS1 C5s that weren't any faster? I am well aware of how capable the C5 Z06s are, but I am also well aware that some people don't like having a car that is BARE MINIMUM 6 years old. So you are stating your opinion, sure... but you also have absolutely no tolerance for anyone else's opinion. And it shows.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Banned

This guy doesn't even have a car ...And I dare you to tell me I am a spoiled rich kid that had his mommy and daddy's buy his car.

I ******* earned my car by doing 2 GD deployments in the Marines Corps. Saved up all of it and paid for my **** in full. Go troll somewhere else your *** is useless here.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

You sound like a spoiled kid who's parents paid for him to go to OU (or one of those REALLY unfortunate people that actually grew up in Norman), and bought him whatever car he wanted. I take it you watched Transformers and really liked Bumblebee? I don't care what your car can do, if you couldn't tell. Different people like different types of cars. I personally like cars that don't weigh 4,000lbs and have three pedals. So you obviously don't care about sports cars.
Awwww... Did mommy and daddy not like you when you were a kid? I'm sorry you have childhood issues. ((((

The fact that your on here arguing a technicality of a car being called a "Sports" car and being in its own class just shows how ******* retarded you are. I'm sorry your the car that gives you a hard on is a pos.

Yeah I got an auto. IT's ******* cool. I don't have to do anything but put it in D (sometimes I miss though and hit R ) and just press the right pedal. My friends say I'm not a man because I got an auto, but when my auto smokes them they shut up real quick.