Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got killed by a modded gt500. vids inside.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 10:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
your correct but it wouldnt spray IN 2nd per se if thats the first time you went WOT. it would come on in 3rd if you started the race in 2nd.
yes, but he stated his spray wasnt working at all....which im guessing he hit more then 1 gear with the nitrous activated.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 06blackGTO
Walbro 6 months old. Elec fp gauge. Only drops 2 psi wot on motor.
you shouldnt have a fuel pressure drop anywhere.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
you shouldnt have a fuel pressure drop anywhere.

it does, it drops 2psi. when I go wot. I thought that wasn't too bad.. Of course 2psi drop isn't going to lean the car out like this.

I pulled all of the plugs, they are a dark color, like dark grey to almost blackish. No fuel smell on any of them. Im putting in new plugs tomorrow, and I reset the battery, I know, it probably won't help, but I figured I would try it. I wish I had my old predator tuner, so I can read the sensors, and see 1st. hand what the 02's were doing. but both fronts are new. When I went wot, and the aem wideband maxed out, the car felt strong, didn't hesitate, ran smooth, I was hoping it was the wideband 02, so I moved the microedge orange wire, to read back off of the stock 02 narrowband, and it still leaned out on the microedge, when I went wot. and tried the spray. I had the leanout set for .10 of a sec. so it shut right off. So that killed the theory of the aem wideband 02' being bad....

I do have a vacuum gauge, I will hook to the intake tomorrow and see how it's reading. any chance the map sensor could have gotten smurfed?