Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

08 Shelby GT vs 2000ish camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 01:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
Thats a huge reason why my dad got a GT, but red on red.

1,200 miles 0 owner and the sticker was 22,000 (it was a year old) and out the door it ended up being 17,000 with everything.
I didnt know you could even get a base GT with a sticker of $22k?

We bought ours in the middle of the recesion and they were basicaly given them away just to clear them out of inventory to survive.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoa, I never said the GT350 looks good, I just said it's more worthy of the shelby name since it's not just a small package added on to a regular mustang.

Anyone seen the 2010+ up close on the trunk? I ******* hate that it looks like it was rear ended right there. The trunk area between the tail lights is bent outward at the edges and just looks like something that would belong on a poorly made kit car.

Only thing I feel ok about on the new model is the engine, and the front end is about equal to me in looks with my 06's front end. But the rear is just plain ugly as all hell as well as how the damn body isn't even painted on the side skirts and ****. Used to be only the base model mustangs were left with unpainted side skirts, but now even the top GT has that nasty looking ****. It's supposed to be so it looks 'smaller' since it's supposed to pass visually like that's not there, but it just looks cheap and incomplete IMO.

I wanted to trade my GT in or sell it outright and get a 5.0, but I'm not doing it cause that rear end is just the ugliest thing anyone has ever created next to the pontiac Aztek. That and the 370z look like dogs dragging their asses on the floor.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSkull
Whoa, I never said the GT350 looks good, I just said it's more worthy of the shelby name since it's not just a small package added on to a regular mustang.

Anyone seen the 2010+ up close on the trunk? I ******* hate that it looks like it was rear ended right there. The trunk area between the tail lights is bent outward at the edges and just looks like something that would belong on a poorly made kit car.

Only thing I feel ok about on the new model is the engine, and the front end is about equal to me in looks with my 06's front end. But the rear is just plain ugly as all hell as well as how the damn body isn't even painted on the side skirts and ****. Used to be only the base model mustangs were left with unpainted side skirts, but now even the top GT has that nasty looking ****. It's supposed to be so it looks 'smaller' since it's supposed to pass visually like that's not there, but it just looks cheap and incomplete IMO.

I wanted to trade my GT in or sell it outright and get a 5.0, but I'm not doing it cause that rear end is just the ugliest thing anyone has ever created next to the pontiac Aztek. That and the 370z look like dogs dragging their asses on the floor.
thats funny...cause i was thinking the exact opposite. i am glad they changed the rear i think the 05-09 looks terrible
Old 06-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ponygt65
GT350s were made in 65-70, '84, and now in '11. Outside of that, it was a dealer decal or a 'sticker package' that was put on by the owner. The most common I've seen is the GT300. (which to me is rediculous).
Oddy enough, Shelby seems to have removed there info on the GT 350. They used to list it. A protracted Google search turned up that they sold it from 2005-2008, cost $2200 and was a claimed 20hp more (mostly due to different hood and catback).
Old 06-30-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
I didnt know you could even get a base GT with a sticker of $22k?

We bought ours in the middle of the recesion and they were basicaly given them away just to clear them out of inventory to survive.
It was a year old at the time and had 1,200 miles on it so that was the price after rebates and etc. It wasnt BRAND NEW because of that.

Same with the mustang and same with my 05 and 06 gto. Like i look at the prices now and mine was still an amazing deal when compared to ones for sale today, lots of cars were going for great prices because as you said dealerships were just trying to move them.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:45 PM
TECH Regular

now i know wat a shelby gt is, i had no idea before just figured it had a s/c lol.
is the hood actually functional or is just for looks? i cant stand when companys do that
Old 06-30-2010, 09:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
now i know wat a shelby gt is, i had no idea before just figured it had a s/c lol.
is the hood actually functional or is just for looks? i cant stand when companys do that
Unfortunately it's all looks...no functionality. And to be honest with you, I had no clue what a shelby GT was when I bought mine, just didn't want to be another guy with a plain old GT haha, so I bought it because it seemed like a "stand out" package. Now I know a ton about them.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Unfortunately it's all looks...no functionality. And to be honest with you, I had no clue what a shelby GT was when I bought mine, just didn't want to be another guy with a plain old GT haha, so I bought it because it seemed like a "stand out" package. Now I know a ton about them.
Don't lie, you don't know jack **** about them.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by snake95
Don't lie, you don't know jack **** about them.
Enough to know that it'll SMOKE that little cobra of yours!

Old 07-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Staging Lane

How great is this: mustang guys calling out each other on a GM board?

Tear his cobra a new exhaust opening! Snake95: you gonna take that from a vinyl warrior driving a wannabe Shelby?! lol
Old 07-01-2010, 10:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones

Tear his cobra a new exhaust opening! Snake95: you gonna take that from a vinyl warrior driving a wannabe Shelby?! lol
Oh you wanna piece of this too tough guy? Let's line up that ZX14 of yours and the shelby can take that for a ride too!!

Old 07-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Enough to know that it'll SMOKE that little cobra of yours!

Oh no you just DIDN'T!!! I'll wipe my *** with those 8 extra valves of yours
Old 07-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones

Lucky for me I have the new open-less exhaust, so an opening may benefit me I'll show you warrior!
Old 07-01-2010, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice stang I think it would be close almost heads up if you ask me. My friend has a stock Z with just a muffler and he ran a 13.56 @ 106 so looking at your shelby 1/4 time on your sign it would be close.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by snake95
Oh no you just DIDN'T!!! I'll wipe my *** with those 8 extra valves of yours
LMAO

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
Nice stang I think it would be close almost heads up if you ask me. My friend has a stock Z with just a muffler and he ran a 13.56 @ 106 so looking at your shelby 1/4 time on your sign it would be close.
Your buddy would take me from a roll. The reason his 1/4 time is close is because his 60ft was probably not great, but trapping 3 mph more than my car means that he'd pull me up top most likely. This of course is all true if the elevation of the track he was at is close to the one I ran at!
Old 07-01-2010, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah his 60ft wasnt all that.. But not bad for a all motor 4.6 You have a nice daily driver