Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

svt lightning got me by half a car....no vid!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the spark plugs are e3's with 6k on them. and i hit the maf with maf cleaner spray that fisrst day 3 hours before that 200 miles drive.. are ngk tr55 ,
or 6's MUST??????????
Old 07-07-2010, 02:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stunna p
After i was finishing up the 500 miles of breaking in my gears the other night, i was just cruisin on the hwy headed home. i just got my pcm back from frost that morning, so i didnt have a chance to see the tune improvements aswell as the new 4.10's i just put in...i didnt know what to expect?
so...im driving its 11:30 pm, when a newer white svt lightning rolls up on me, right next to me. terminator truck right? nobody on the road but us. so im like ****, my gears are brand new, i dont wanna hurt them. i just hit 500 miles. im going like 65mph ish...then the guy launches hard as ****...then hammers his brakes and lines right back up next to me. obviously im not letting that **** slide. after a moment of poor desision making toward my new 4.10's.. i rev and hit 6k to let him know its on..so starting from 4th gear 55-60ish i think, we are even until i hit 5th. i lost half a car when i shifted.....right before i hit rev limit in
4th, 5,700k ish..my engine hit a flat spot, or misfired. then hit 6k and rev limit hit. second race i start in 3rd gear, 4,500k or so. did miss fire shifting into forth, but when i ran out 4th to the moon. same thing, misfire at 5,7-5,8k, I shift. And the svt had me again by a half a car....
3rd and final race same as the first race misfire, shift, and half a car.

after, we slowed down to like 20mph, and i asked him what mods he had.
he said ( cai, pulley, tune, and i pretty sure he said exhaust also ).
i told him mine..( lid, Lt's, 4.10's, frost tune, catback, etc..) mods are in my sig.
he didnt seem all that impressed with my ride, he acted like his **** was a lambo...

do u guys think my 02 ws6 did good compared to a newer style 2004ish svt lightning/terminator with his mods, or should i have done better or worst.... (input please!!!!!!!)

thanks for reading!!! stunna
Yeah, with your car, you should have ate him up from a rolling start. I raced an SVT Lightning (with the exact same mods as your bogey) from a 40 roll with the CTS-V in my sig, by 100 mph I had him by 3 car lengths. I had this result three times in a row. You need to get that thing tuned, it must not be running right.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I would bet money a dyno tune wouldn't help him a bit, sounds like he has other issues or just plain needs to learn to drive stick better

E3? they probably are "ok" but don't fall into gimick junk in the future

clean your maf, check for codes, ect
Old 07-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Launching!

The more I think about things, and the more I drove my car a few days later.
That lightning had to have more than he said. my car seems to very fast.
I killed a new 370z, like murdered it. and those arent that slow to my understanding? so im not all sad about it. I starting to think the svt truck was false advertizing.........
Old 07-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by stunna p
The more I think about things, and the more I drove my car a few days later.
That lightning had to have more than he said. my car seems to very fast.
I killed a new 370z, like murdered it. and those arent that slow to my understanding? so im not all sad about it. I starting to think the svt truck was false advertizing.........
You kind of look sad (based on your avatar picture)

Mod up
Old 07-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Launching!

major mod's for sure is needed. a nasty head/cam combo. LE custom grind is something ive been interested in for a long time. I just wanna be street king!! im not a drag strip enthusiast for my own car. bolt on's arent enough.. this winter more than likely....heads,cam,fast 102,etc....

oh and, " I don't think so....homey don't play dat!! "
Old 07-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Teching In

i have a full bolt on ms3 ss with 373s and a stall and destroyed a 580rwhp whippled lightning the other day from a 50 roll, unless its from a dig the trucks are garbage. Get a new tune and try and find another lightning
Old 09-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Launching!

im about to get a big cam soon, i plan to have my rematch...
Old 09-12-2010, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

we have a lightning in the car club that runs 8.04 at 90 in the 1/8th every time. they CAN be fast. supercharging and 330 cu in matters.

he has all bolt ons and a wet shot.

8.04 is not fast for a car, but not bad for a truck

Quick Reply: svt lightning got me by half a car....no vid!