Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Sorta Raced a CBR 750RR

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 02:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorta Raced a CBR 750RR

This should probably be in the bench racing section but I consider it a win.

So I am headed home in the Comp Ta and as I pull up to a stop light, I notice a CBR Pull up coming the opposite direction. I thought he was revving his bike so I turned down my stereo and sure enough he was so I gave a rev back. (To me it sounded like my car was a Lion Roaring at a baby house cat) At about that point the light turned green and as we went by each other I thought I heard him yell something at me. So I make a sharp left turn go around the block and sure enough he was stuck at the other light. His light turned green as I was pulling up to the intersection. He went ahead and I made a right turn and began to fallow him, Its then I notice from his License plate he is from the next town over so I fallow him to the end of main. He pulls into the local hang out (Both Bikes and Cars are there about 30 people) and everyone is there. This is how it all went down

I pull up, shut my car down and start to get out

Me~ "Did you say something back there?"

(I notice his CBR is a 750RR Im pretty sure at this point he noticed I was 6'2 230lbs and about 10% BF)

Him in a some what cocky but hesitant voice~ "Yeah, I asked if wanted to race."

(I thought to myself this guy is obviously a ******* moron)

Me~ "Yeah, let me go home and get my R1"

Him~ "You own an R1?"

Me~ "Yeah"

Him~ "Do you have any Mods?"

Me "Yeah"

He speaks in a Real Hesitant voice

Him~ "Umm...No that's ok I was just kidding."

(A couple of people laugh because he is obviously a 19yo D-Bag)

Me~ "I thought you said you wanted to race!"

Him "I was kidding Man, and he started his bike and rode off"

So in a way I won a race without having to race. I get so sick of kids and their stupid BS about wanting to race something as heavy as a car while on their bike and being cocky dick heads about it. It really makes me wonder if they understand Power to Weight Ratio. I own a motorcycle myself and I never challenge cars to race or the other way around.

I have raced one motorcycle in the TA and it was for fun, it was my brahs 06 GSXR 1000. And I got my *** handed to me. I understand there are cars out there that can beat a liter bike but they are few and far between.

EDIT: I know a 750 is not a liter bike. Thats not the point though.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:33 AM
Teching In

Haha cool story. I've never raced a bullet bike. But I sure do like eating harleys! Even newer 600's are fast as hell. I'll just stick to racing cars.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

I hear ya on the cocky D-bag bike owners. I know a few bike guys but they are car guys as well and understand that it's not easy to compete with a bike in a car.

I would love to pull up next to some cocky ***** on a newer 600 and hand him his *** in an 86 trans am haha. I'm sure he'd be pretty taken off by it.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 07-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Launching!

CBR 750 RR you say? Like a mid-late 80's model I assume? They weren't actually an RR, but close enough.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken
This should probably be in the bench racing section but I consider it a win.

( Im pretty sure at this point he noticed I was 6'2 230lbs and about 10% BF)

Him in a some what cocky but hesitant voice~ "Yeah, I asked if wanted to race."

(I thought to myself this guy is obviously a ******* moron)

(A couple of people laugh because he is obviously a 19yo D-Bag)

Me~ "I thought you said you wanted to race!"

So in a way I won a race without having to race.

I have raced one motorcycle in the TA and it was for fun, it was my brahs 06 GSXR 1000. And I got my *** handed to me. I understand there are cars out there that can beat a liter bike but they are few and far between.

Highlighted the parts I thought were hilarious...

So a guy wanted to do a friendly run like you and your "brah" and you thought it would be cool to argue with him in front of people and now claim a win without racing?

kid probably just got the bike and wanted to play with it with a cool car
Old 07-14-2010, 09:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507

So a guy wanted to do a friendly run like you and your "brah" and you thought it would be cool to argue with him in front of people and now claim a win without racing?

LOL. Kind of what i was thinking.

Obviously your body fat % and "Brah" must have scared him off
Old 07-14-2010, 11:02 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by deelong4002

OR - you guys weren't there! So who knows what really happened? Obviously the kid rubbed the OP the wrong way and got under his skin. Please keep the dbag remarks to yourselves.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507

What can I say, I was in Hawaii for a couple of years while I was in the Army. And when you live in a different place, were the peoples mannerisms, speech and social habits are different from the one you grew up in. You tend to pick said mannerisms up and it is hard to break said speech/mannerisms. I tried to get rid of them before going back to Ft. Bragg but it is obvious they still pop up from time to time As far as the kid wanting to play. "Wanna race *****?" is being friendly and wanting to play? Sorry if I didn't get the point across that the kid was being a dick until he found out I own a bike as well.

As I stated in my comment above, the kid had a shitty attitude until I confronted him about it. He probably thought I was some cocky, scrawny 21yo college student, all because I revved back at him.There was nothing pleasant or friendly about the kid. He is known to be a dick head, know it all, who thinks he's better than everyone else. And claims to have gone "215mph" on his bike...oh but he slowed down because it was too fast. The kid is five foot nothing and claims to have beat up 5 guys at once. It's obvious you guys have similar attitudes maybe you two should hook up and be best of friends. Like I give a **** what you think

Originally Posted by violent_celerity
CBR 750 RR you say? Like a mid-late 80's model I assume? They weren't actually an RR, but close enough.
Yeah, sorry It was an 08 Interceptor which are 782cc I just call them a 750 typing the RR behind it is habit because of both the 600rr and 1000rr
Old 07-14-2010, 11:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bjamick
I like this one better

Originally Posted by sujomatt
OR - you guys weren't there! So who knows what really happened? Obviously the kid rubbed the OP the wrong way and got under his skin. Please keep the dbag remarks to yourselves.
Yeah, he really rubbed me the wrong way. There was nothing nice or playful about the way he asked to race. I guess I could have walked up jerked him off his bike and beat the **** out of him. But I am not "That Guy" And only act like that when it is really necessary. I tend to only fight in self defense
Old 07-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

He probably noticed your BF? Good God...he wasn't asking to fight. Nobody cares how sculpted you are. On the flip side, I always like to shut the kids up who think bikes are comparable to cars (both in relatively stock form).

Last edited by snake95; 07-14-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snake95
He probably noticed your BF? Good God...he wasn't asking to fight. Nobody cares how sculpted you are. I'm 6'7, 240, with 7% BF (university physical) and I guarantee I couldn't fill up an 8 oz cup from the people on here that give a ****. On the flip side, I always like to shut the kids up who think bikes are comparable to cars (both in relatively stock form).
I added the BF% to help with the mental picture of what was going on. I was wearing a T-shirt, I know he couldn't tell what my BF% was.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

I this thread about everyones body fat index or street racing or bench racing or what exactly is it about?

majority of posts in this thread are referencing body fat index.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sujomatt
Sorry i ripped on a guy for posting in imaginary kill in the street racing and kill stories forum.

I raced a ZR1 yesterday. He was in the slow lane and i passed him at 80mph in my Honda Civic DD. Does that count as a kill? I just need to be clear.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I added the BF% to help with the mental picture of what was going on. I was wearing a T-shirt, I know he couldn't tell what my BF% was.
Okay, I got it.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:06 PM
11 Second Club

Fallow, fallow fallow. Fallow, Fallow, fallow fallow
fal·low
1    /ˈfæloʊ/ Show Spelled[fal-oh]
–adjective
(of land) plowed and left unseeded for a season or more; uncultivated.
not in use; inactive: My creative energies have lain fallow this year.
–noun
land that has undergone plowing and harrowing and has been left unseeded for one or more growing seasons.
–verb (used with object)
to make (land) fallow for agricultural purposes.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gaunt
fal·low
1    /ˈfæloʊ/ Show Spelled[fal-oh]
–adjective
(of land) plowed and left unseeded for a season or more; uncultivated.
not in use; inactive: My creative energies have lain fallow this year.
–noun
land that has undergone plowing and harrowing and has been left unseeded for one or more growing seasons.
–verb (used with object)
to make (land) fallow for agricultural purposes.

Yeah, Auto Spell Check programs are a bitch

EDIT: For some Stupid Reason when I type "Follow" My Spell check program auto corrects it (Fallow)

Now stop being a grammar ****.

Last edited by ninjai_ruken; 07-14-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry i ripped on a guy for posting in imaginary kill in the street racing and kill stories forum.

I raced a ZR1 yesterday. He was in the slow lane and i passed him at 80mph in my Honda Civic DD. Does that count as a kill? I just need to be clear.
Obviously you did not read the first part of my original post. How the **** is it an imaginary kill if I clearly stated what it was. Its not like I forced you to read the thread nor did you have to comment. Again, I clearly stated what the thread was. Point being, I'm not going to waste my time potentially damaging my car all because someone is on a power trip while they are rocking their POS Honda. I clearly stated I would go get my R1 then race him and he backed down. No had he waved me down, asked if I wanted to race his new bike for fun. Then yeah, I would have probably had a friendly race with him. Win or Lose it wouldn't have mattered. But seeing as this wasn't the case, and I was willing to race him on my bike heads up. He backed down.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Obviously you did not read the first part of my original post. How the **** is it an imaginary kill if I clearly stated what it was. Its not like I forced you to read the thread nor did you have to comment. Again, I clearly stated what the thread was. Point being, I'm not going to waste my time potentially damaging my car all because someone is on a power trip while they are rocking their POS Honda. I clearly stated I would go get my R1 then race him and he backed down. No had he waved me down, asked if I wanted to race his new bike for fun. Then yeah, I would have probably had a friendly race with him. Win or Lose it wouldn't have mattered. But seeing as this wasn't the case, and I was willing to race him on my bike heads up. He backed down.
Dude i'm just bustin *****. Lol

Dont you remember when you were 19 and thought you were the ****? The stuff i did and said when i was 19, i laugh at now, and i'm only 24. I used to race anyone and everyone in my slow *** 200,000+ mile Cutlass Supreme sedan. Frequently got my *** handed to me by just about everything on the road.

I'm just raggin on ya cause it seems you were being a little harsh on the kid. Obviously he doesnt have alot of dough if he's riding a CBR750 and he's probably just proud of his bike.

I probably would have raced him anyway just for the hell of it.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dude i'm just bustin *****. Lol

Dont you remember when you were 19 and thought you were the ****? The stuff i did and said when i was 19, i laugh at now, and i'm only 24. I used to race anyone and everyone in my slow *** 200,000+ mile Cutlass Supreme sedan. Frequently got my *** handed to me by just about everything on the road.

I'm just raggin on ya cause it seems you were being a little harsh on the kid. Obviously he doesnt have alot of dough if he's riding a CBR750 and he's probably just proud of his bike.

I probably would have raced him anyway just for the hell of it.
It's cool, Im just busting ***** back I was actually quite humble at 19. I grew up in a Military Family so discipline was always strict and punishment came swift if we didn't act the part. Not to mention, I Enlisted in the Army at 17 and was trying to get selected for 18B (Special Forces) at 19 so I had to have a spotless military record. So I just kept in shape, studied and didn't go out and get **** faced like the other soldiers(Which always led to trouble). I don't think I was really all that harsh, yeah I was annoyed. But the kid seriously needed a attitude readjustment. Both him and I knew he had said "Wanna race *****" as he rode past me at the intersection.