Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

It finally happened, new 5.0 killed me

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 11:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RibeiroBJJ
Good one ...You got us with the ol' bailout..does that upset you? I like it that Ford fanboys taxes went to bailout GM..haaa ..HOWEVER they build/ finance there cars/trucks they are still BETTER/FASTER than ford..join a economics/political forum if you want to talk Gov't finances.
I would say a lot of what you just said would be consider IMHO. AS far as the fanboy accusation.. I've owned one Ford my entire life.

You however..
-*fixed*I think of a loud mouth punk inmate in prison who deserves to be raped/bf'd when I here those terms used..very deserving vigilante punishment for a molester/rapist..as far as my psyche...I feel good knowing MY car maker of choice is DOMINANT in every category...
Are obviously in the fanboy category.

Seek help.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ke^in
I would say a lot of what you just said would be consider IMHO. AS far as the fanboy accusation.. I've owned one Ford my entire life.
You however..

Seek help.
I see this about 3 times a week. And honestly its the truth. Arn't you 37?
You bought a 2V DD mustang while in your mid 30's and now all of a sudden you are a mustang Fanboi. Its annoying how dense some people are sometimes..
Old 07-18-2010, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah I'm 37. I bought the GT a year ago for 10k. It had 9k miles on it. I just wanted a fun RWD V8 car. I actually was reading this site, and registered here because I was looking at GM based cars too. The 02 WS6 is actually my fav pony car from that era.

I'd buy a used Z06 before I'd pay the cost of a new 5.0.

That's how big of a Ford fanboy I am.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:13 PM
On The Tree

Put a 3600 Stall and DR on a LS1 and you'll be in the 12s. Yea the LS1 is done lets move on. haha wtf is wrong with you people.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:15 PM
TECH Regular

Put the same thing on the GT and your back to square one. We could go on like this all day. But that's kinda silly isn't it?

The LS1 isn't done. Of course it's not. Just like the LT1 isn't done either.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

You however..

Seek help.
-Got me again..geeez you are so witty

-But you come on this GM based site why?? To cause problems...Try to convince everyone Ford as a whole is equal to GM as a whole performance/reliability/durability wise..ever notice how defensive Gay people are..trying to convince society they are morally right by protesting/being activists..Ever see a straight person do that..NO because they know they are morally right..kinda like you being here...remember I am on my brand's enthusiast's site..not a ferd site arguing why GM is better,I dont need to I know it is! I am glad the 5.0 is out..Its good to have a little competition for my TRUCK..finally

-As far as me being a fanboy..Hell yeah I am!...Kind of hard not to be when everyone is putting GM motors in there cars(Mustangs remember and Fords barely broke 300hp in there na flagship sports car a few years ago..Z06,ZR1,CTS-V,Denali,Escalade,SS nuff said
Old 07-18-2010, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by LS12Fast4U
The LS1 is 13 years old now guys. GM has to be thinking about a new more powerful, and efficient engine. The whole line of LS engines are definitely good but they are out dated. Its time to move on.
Shame on you!! LS1 are putting down numbers close to 450-475rwhp almost daily here and its outdated? Stop the Ford ***** licking. They will never be outdated.

Only reason everyone is over the new 5.0 is the weight. Shave 200lbs from the new 5th gen and its a different story. Its not an engine matter, cause the LS3 is right on par with Ford and its older BTW. Just look at a lighter C6; it does wonder with the outdated LS3
Old 07-18-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
Shame on you!! LS1 are putting down numbers close to 450-475rwhp almost daily here and its outdated? Stop the Ford ***** licking. They will never be outdated.

Only reason everyone is over the new 5.0 is the weight. Shave 200lbs from the new 5th gen and its a different story. Its not an engine matter, cause the LS3 is right on par with Ford and its older BTW. Just look at a lighter C6; it does wonder with the outdated LS3
Again...those numbers are with mods obviously, we are talking about STOCK performance! Its not only weight, think of weight vs power ratio. Also talk about price, didnt GM said the Camaro would be close to the Mustang in value? Bullshit man! Im so tired of the crap GM puts out! Aint you tired of their BS??

What is wrong with another car company making a great modern muscle/pony car? I'm not a GM exclusive enthusiast, I'm a an all around American muscle car guy.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So whats it gunna take to beat one? Headers, Catback, Lid, LS6, and 4.11's?
Old 07-18-2010, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

10ss have ran 12.5x in stock form...

With Many in the twelves.

I never said the 5.0 was a turd or crap. Im saying you guys are blowing a good running car out of proportion.

I may have been wrong about the bogarts I think it may have been their manual car.

Point is their are a ton of basic setups that run 11's on many platforms. People need to get off this mustangs nuts..
Old 07-18-2010, 02:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by w3s1c0a5t

I never said the 5.0 was a turd or crap. Im saying you guys are blowing a good running car out of proportion.

I may have been wrong about the bogarts I think it may have been their manual car.

Point is their are a ton of basic setups that run 11's on many platforms. People need to get off this mustangs nuts..
I don't think its so much that people need to get off the Mustang's nuts. I think that the situation is more like this:

A handful of people made claims that the mustang would once again "underperform". As soon as real times and real numbers came out, many of these people were proved wrong about the cars capabilities. And those that claimed that the new 2011 5.0 would be running the times that they are, are now all "on the Mustang's Nuts"..
Old 07-18-2010, 03:14 PM
12 Second Club

My main question is what is in store for improving the Camaro in the future? It has got to be more power or less weight and I find it hard to believe they'll ****** 300lbs out of that car AND make it safer. Maybe they will pull a 2nd to 3rd gen and drop the weight while still meeting the standard, but that'd mean completely revamping a platform they just put on the road. (I know the Zeta has been around a minute, but the Zeta-based Camaro has not) That sounds a little far-fetched.

What about power? Of course they could develop a new direct injection set up and raise the compression, develop a 32-valve head (think old Ford Clevelands), up displacement or boost them. Upping the displacement is the easiest route, but realistically you can only go so far. Boost is fun, but it's also expensive and uneccessary at the SS vs GT level.

My hopes are that GM begins finding ways to get more out of the top end, like the aforementioned direct injection and four-valve set ups. As cutting edge and impressive as the LS-based engine line is, it is still based on an old school, pushed rod driven, two valve per cylinder configuration. There's definitely room for improvement.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedRides
My main question is what is in store for improving the Camaro in the future? It has got to be more power or less weight and I find it hard to believe they'll ****** 300lbs out of that car AND make it safer. Maybe they will pull a 2nd to 3rd gen and drop the weight while still meeting the standard, but that'd mean completely revamping a platform they just put on the road. (I know the Zeta has been around a minute, but the Zeta-based Camaro has not) That sounds a little far-fetched.

What about power? Of course they could develop a new direct injection set up and raise the compression, develop a 32-valve head (think old Ford Clevelands), up displacement or boost them. Upping the displacement is the easiest route, but realistically you can only go so far. Boost is fun, but it's also expensive and uneccessary at the SS vs GT level.

My hopes are that GM begins finding ways to get more out of the top end, like the aforementioned direct injection and four-valve set ups. As cutting edge and impressive as the LS-based engine line is, it is still based on an old school, pushed rod driven, two valve per cylinder configuration. There's definitely room for improvement.
What we should be asking is. How can GM compete with Ford in terms of price? Sure the Camaro sold well, but now there is a new more affordable alternative. I don t see, honestly, how can GM could improve the current Camaro AND stay in a competitive price range.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Put the same thing on the GT and your back to square one. We could go on like this all day. But that's kinda silly isn't it?

The LS1 isn't done. Of course it's not. Just like the LT1 isn't done either.
Missing the point. VERY simple mods allow a 4th gen to run with a stock 5.0. Their not that fast PERIOD. The have an advantage mod for mod. But I promise their will be plenty of bolt fbodys beating bolt on 5.0's.

Before we "go like this all day" lets see one of these put down impressive numbers like ls3's do with cams or headwork. Im not saying they cant. Im just saying they havent yet.

Im not a fanboy or hating on the new mustang. I dont think the new motor is weak I just think some of your guys opinions is stupid thats all

They did a great job with the motor and i think the tech in that motor is great.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:34 PM
12 Second Club

From what I've seen they're competitively priced at the moment, but when big changes start rolling in that could change. Then again, didn't the Mustang only jump about 2-3k in base price over the 2010? Well worth the new engine and drivetrain set ups.

GM ought to develop a straight axle/stripper set up with V6 brakes, bullshit wheels and nothing but power windows and a CD player.

I think the Camaro is in the competitive clear for now, but in a few years when Ford ups the ante on the Mustang something will have to be done.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Launching!

I remember the days when the "but if I add this mod I'll hang with XXX kind of car" was deemed a ricer type argument. And now I see way too many Techies using it to show the new 5.0 isn't that great of a car.

I would like to thank all the "Ford Fanboys" for "trolling" this site back when this problem arose with the 03/04 cobras. Seems like you guys have your work cut out for you on this one.

Old 07-18-2010, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, to update this, I need a rematch. I was pulling my headers yesterday and found that my #6 plug wire was against the primary and burnt almost all the way thru, only the rubber on the other side was still there. The car didn't feel too down on power but my old T/A had a bad plug wire and I never noticed either.

Not making excuses here, I lost fair and square, but I would like to know what I would do when running 100%. I feel that it would still be a loss, just not as bad.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RibeiroBJJ
GM is Loosing??? Compare all other platforms before you make an ignorant statement like that..lets see here stock vs. stock

GMC Sierra Denali FASTER/BETTER Lincoln mark lt
Cadillac Escalade FASTER/BETTER lincoln navigator
Buick's are FASTER/BETTER than Mercury
Cobalt are FASTER/BETTER focus
Chevy/GMC trucks ARE FASTER/BETTER than ford trucks
and the Z06/ZR1 will make anything else look like KE^IN
As soon as you start seeing ford motors swapped in GM platforms you can say GM is loosing..But for now EVERYONE uses a LSX/SBC/BBC in there Desert/offroad-Hotrod-street rod-import-lowrider-and yes MUSTANG to make it run good and go FAST..NOT a ford motor...What is fair to say is the new mustang is slightly faster than its direct competitor the Camaro, But that is only an LSA/LS7 fix away...Get off of the 5.0's nuts...geez
Lets see.....who's annihilating the competition on the professional drag racing level?
Originally Posted by Jassick
I remember the days when the "but if I add this mod I'll hang with XXX kind of car" was deemed a ricer type argument. And now I see way too many Techies using it to show the new 5.0 isn't that great of a car.

I would like to thank all the "Ford Fanboys" for "trolling" this site back when this problem arose with the 03/04 cobras. Seems like you guys have your work cut out for you on this one.

Best post in this entire thread.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by w3s1c0a5t

No, ONE 2010 SS ran 12.58 in stock form. Show me all the others, ONE guy runs 12.5x and now they all do? you make me lol
Old 07-18-2010, 06:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fdjizm
No, ONE 2010 SS ran 12.58 in stock form. Show me all the others, ONE guy runs 12.5x and now they all do? you make me lol
Dont have a dog in this fight but he didnt say they all did. He said 10SS have ran that and MANY were in the 12s, not all had gone mid 12s.

Quick Reply: It finally happened, new 5.0 killed me