Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2011 GT meets 05 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 06:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
My point was that most people that buy Corvettes (including you, when you get your FRC) don't really care about dig racing... they mod their cars to their taste, and take the races that come across. And most street races just happen to be from a roll. So unless they are going to be taking their car to the track (or are really serious about the street, which is even more rare), they don't touch the suspension beyond the typical drop/shocks.
subframe connectors are starting to become a popular mod with most any car. You can get a decent set for under $200, and they make a huge difference in keeping the car straight. I've seen people get them along with their exhaust with their 1st mods. The people that usually just get a CAI and think they gained 20rwhp are now realizing what subs can do as far as launching.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

GTOs dont needs subs because they are built rigid as hell.

And damn how cool would it be if GTO guys could buy a bullet proof rear for only $2000?
Old 07-23-2010, 07:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ke^in
subframe connectors are starting to become a popular mod with most any car. You can get a decent set for under $200, and they make a huge difference in keeping the car straight. I've seen people get them along with their exhaust with their 1st mods. The people that usually just get a CAI and think they gained 20rwhp are now realizing what subs can do as far as launching.
From my experience, most people buy subframes to prevent the negative side effect of a twisting of the chassis (such as dimpling), not necessarily for the performance benefit of keeping the car straighter on the launch, although that could be a positive depending on if you spend much time launching the car hard or you just make an insane amount of power and roll race a lot.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
GTOs dont needs subs because they are built rigid as hell.
I was speaking about cars in general. I've always been a fan of the LS2 GTO.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill op.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:54 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by maxspeed05V
thats cool, here you go.
But no one cares about your stock TBSS.

Ive done digg races many times before . But with just a cam and bolt ons it blows the stock 245s right off from a first gear roll. Digg is even worse.
And yes breaking stuff does suck, and has happend to me before.

So Ill say it again, I dont do digg cause my car isnt setup for it. Its my daily
People on here can call me out all the want, I say 50 roll or you can go home. No big deal for me.

Cool aid pretty much summed it right up, Plus I cant seem to find any money trees
didnt try and make it like my car was sick or anything just wandering why u were so worried about breaking....
but come on saying u will blow off the tires in first i do believe that but u can use throttle control not just punch it. im sure ju1ce would spin most of first if he just floored it and not use throttle control. found it funny u would call ju1ce out but wouldnt give him his race speed like he gave u
Old 07-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Teching In

From my understanding of the rear in the V, if you try taking off fast in 1st you will more than likely wheel hop if you don't spin, in turn leads to destroyed diffs. This is only what I have gotten from researching the V's compared to the GTO. I am lookin at gettin one or the other, the diff in the V scared me, but overall I like the V better. Just have to be smarter about driving not to break something. The only fix I have seen for the rear is the viper diff and all custom fab work after equalling around $7000 or so. To me roll racing is the only way to really show what the V has to offer in a straight line, unless you have a good chunk of money to throw at it which I won't. From the sounds of it the V would really shine on a road course and to me that would be more fun. Just my .02
Old 07-23-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Regular

Isn't the 07+ diff or w/e suppose to be stronger and wat gm replaces with if urs breaks under warranty. So the gto and v diff aren't the same?
Old 07-23-2010, 02:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
My point was that most people that buy Corvettes (including you, when you get your FRC) don't really care about dig racing... they mod their cars to their taste, and take the races that come across. And most street races just happen to be from a roll. So unless they are going to be taking their car to the track (or are really serious about the street, which is even more rare), they don't touch the suspension beyond the typical drop/shocks.
Actually, that isn't my taste at all. I have my taste sitting outside right now, waiting on its prey.

If i didn't have my TA and I bought a Corvette it would be a stalled A4 as well. I have been planning on buying a vette for a while now. The reason it will be a FRC is because they look better than Targas IMO and are all 6 speeds, won't by a Zo6 because they don't have pewter (plus all the performance upgrades the Z has over a FRC will be irrelevant anyway). The reason I want a 6 speed is because it will be my cruiser/roll racer. Not because I like roll racing really but because I want something there for when someone runs their mouth about not being able to run from a dig, so I just go home and get my 600Rwhp 6 speed car instead of my 600Rwhp stalled A4 car.
No way in hell I would not have a stalled A4 and have an M6. Makes zero sense to me.

There is a difference in that. I am having a roll racing car on stock suspension because people don't have enough ***** to run real races. I know what counts... I just want to beat people at their game if they want it.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^Makes perfect sense to me! Rolls, as I've always said, are for turkey dinners, or dark back alleys, not racing! ,
Old 07-23-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by oddwraith
^^^Makes perfect sense to me! Rolls, as I've always said, are for turkey dinners, or dark back alleys, not racing! ,
Old 07-23-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LEMONS you don't know how to drive a car with 3 pedals, BETTER NOT GET A 6 SPEED!
Old 07-23-2010, 02:37 PM
***Repost Police***

I still have never understood people that buy LS1 Corvettes to drag race... F-bodies are cheaper (significantly) and have the SRA.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
why cant u get a built diff wats so different with it and gto, vette, etc?
didnt try and make it like my car was sick or anything just wandering why u were so worried about breaking....
but come on saying u will blow off the tires in first i do believe that but u can use throttle control not just punch it. im sure ju1ce would spin most of first if he just floored it and not use throttle control. found it funny u would call ju1ce out but wouldnt give him his race speed like he gave u
The GTO is a sports coupe and therefor has a slightly better rear end design for launching then the V, which was designed more for ride comfort rather then the track.... I spin first like you wouldnt belive, and if I hit second to hard it just lights them up just aswell. Thats why I only race rolls for now.

One day Id like to upgrade to some race axles and a new diff or even retro fit something else in there. But Ive got other priorities in life and realy dont have 5k to dish out it on a rear end .

Im also debating on just buying a f-body and making it into a toy/race rig.
Just keeping the cadi for the daily cruiser. But ill see what the future brings.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by chavez885
LEMONS you don't know how to drive a car with 3 pedals, BETTER NOT GET A 6 SPEED!
Nah.. I will race cars that all I have to do is put it in 4th gear and run from 50-top of 4th.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:33 PM
TECH Regular

O I just figured they were the same
Old 07-23-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sixspeed-z
From my understanding of the rear in the V, if you try taking off fast in 1st you will more than likely wheel hop if you don't spin, in turn leads to destroyed diffs. This is only what I have gotten from researching the V's compared to the GTO. I am lookin at gettin one or the other, the diff in the V scared me, but overall I like the V better. Just have to be smarter about driving not to break something. The only fix I have seen for the rear is the viper diff and all custom fab work after equalling around $7000 or so. To me roll racing is the only way to really show what the V has to offer in a straight line, unless you have a good chunk of money to throw at it which I won't. From the sounds of it the V would really shine on a road course and to me that would be more fun. Just my .02
Axles eliminate wheel hop but dont bulletproof the rear. They still take a ton of stress, i mean its an Independent Rear Suspension in a 350RWHP 4,000lb sedan with a 6 speed.
Isn't the 07+ diff or w/e suppose to be stronger and wat gm replaces with if urs breaks under warranty. So the gto and v diff aren't the same?
True that the updated version(4th version actually) is updated but i still wouldnt say itll do the job. I did get mine updated when i first bought it cause i said it was whining lol.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

I am like Lemons
I have a low 10 sec stock looking fox body that is a monster from a stop. No tint,stock hood-has ac ps blah blah. No cage
I have a low 11 sec stock looking older Supra that traps high 120s on street tires for the morons that want to race on rolls

I am not sure what to classify my Camaro-its slow,,
Old 07-24-2010, 12:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I am like Lemons
I have a low 10 sec stock looking fox body that is a monster from a stop. No tint,stock hood-has ac ps blah blah. No cage
I have a low 11 sec stock looking older Supra that traps high 120s on street tires for the morons that want to race on rolls

I am not sure what to classify my Camaro-its slow,,

Quick Reply: 2011 GT meets 05 GTO