Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Damn these 2011 stangs.. :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 12:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Im 38 years old little kid, not an old man and yes my points are related to this thread.

Why? Because you are madly trying to create a false impression about what is a known fact all over the net and in respectable sources. I just exposed what this new car is and means to all of us who admire and love cars.

If I am arrogant because you, little girls, cannot find a proper argument against what I said, be it. In a crowd where a single video is enough to reach conclusions about a car's performance, there is little more to say obviously.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think its awesome that ford chevy and dodge are getting back into the muscle car game. i'm a car guy also. i like horsepower no matter who makes it
Old 07-28-2010, 12:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 93sspcoupe
i think its awesome that ford chevy and dodge are getting back into the muscle car game. i'm a car guy also. i like horsepower no matter who makes it
This.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chaman
Im 38 years old little kid, not an old man and yes my points are related to this thread.

Why? Because you are madly trying to create a false impression about what is a known fact all over the net and in respectable sources. I just exposed what this new car is and means to all of us who admire and love cars.

If I am arrogant because you, little girls, cannot find a proper argument against what I said, be it. In a crowd where a single video is enough to reach conclusions about a car's performance, there is little more to say obviously.
I don't think anyone is trying to conclude anything. I posted the vid to show how I spanked a new 5.0 wether you like it or not it happened. Might not happen again or maybe it's going to keep happening. I'm sure it's not going to be the last time you see an ls1 spank a 5.0, and like cybergrey said, ls1 is old technology but it still holds it's own. Obviously GM did something right with the ls1 that's why you also own one. Now I think you should hand over that trans am and go buy a mustang. Quit arguing with your non-sence before you get on someone elses **** list. And chaman, I think it's time to start acting your own age. Your almost senile
Old 07-28-2010, 12:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 93sspcoupe
I wish I could agree with you but the only thing Dodge has going for it is the SRT8 Challenger (the NEW Charger really isn't a muscle car -- no offense to any owners out there!)... the r/t really isn't anything exciting due to the excessive weight. If only Dodge could really get their head in the game, shave off about 400 lbs and get that 6.4L hemi out for the SRT8 Challenger thne they might have a say in things...

Of course like someone else said if and when the z28 Camaro releases and is priced "appropriately" then Chevy will have a GT500 contender, right?
Old 07-28-2010, 01:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by mannyman84
I don't think anyone is trying to conclude anything. I posted the vid to show how I spanked a new 5.0 wether you like it or not it happened. Might not happen again or maybe it's going to keep happening. I'm sure it's not going to be the last time you see an ls1 spank a 5.0, and like cybergrey said, ls1 is old technology but it still holds it's own. Obviously GM did something right with the ls1 that's why you also own one. Now I think you should hand over that trans am and go buy a mustang. Quit arguing with your non-sence before you get on someone elses **** list. And chaman, I think it's time to start acting your own age. Your almost senile
My own age? Senile? Your funny kid.....

Congrats on a decent post. Yes the LS1 still hold it's on, I have one Einstein...

See you around.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:12 AM
On The Tree

Good kill op! Videos don't lie... However like stated too many variables and numbers don't lie! None the less a win is a win! Now I have to find me one of these 5.0 and see what thier all about!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:01 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
We'll know whether this was a fluke or not because by the time this thread dies the OP should have raced that 5.0 again at least a dozen times. Hopefully he gets a vid of the whole race this time.

But i'm betting there will be no future vids against this mustang by the OP. He will take his 6 car win and treat it like a high school football story.
Polk high... 4 touchdowns in a single game!
Originally Posted by RON 95ZR1
Seriously, why would you "hope" for that. You should have better things in life to hope for....
Yes, that is obviously my one aspiration in life
Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
Why didn't I try to rebut your points? Because they are not the subject matter of this thread. I'll break it down for your pompous and condescending ***. This thread is about a 4th Gen bolt-on LS1 vs. a New 5.0, not a bone stock LS1, not a 2010 SS, not about present muscle car sales market, power to weight ratios, etc.

1. Nobody is arguing that Ford didn't step it up. I'm glad they went with a "stronger" N/A motor and finally added a 6 speed. Who in this thread is saying Ford didn't step it up? Either way, won't really matter as soon as the Z28 Camaro is released w/the the 550hp LSA motor.

2. Yes the 5.0 is more powerful than a stock LS1 (a car that is over a decade old), BUT this thread shows a clear video of a Lid and Filter LS1 that beat a bone stock 5.0 the video doesn't lie.

3. Who the **** has talked about power to weight ratio about the 2010 SS in this thread?? Failure again.

4. Again who is talking about muscle car sales market in this thread?? Either way, you are comparing a 2010 SS vs. a 2011 Mustang, who knows what will change with the Z28.

WTF does my join date have anything to do with what I know? I've been on this website since 2000 when I was trying to figure out how to beat a bolt-on LS1 w/ my POS turd gen when it had a SBC!!!

I've been on this site too and have seen arrogant ****** like you trying to put people down because they are a bit more affluent or educated than the general public. Relax old man, you might have an aneurysm.

Last contribution to this thread, you win big guy!!
That car is going to be released to compete with the GT500, not the GT.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

You beat the driver and not the car. That is all! I've seen 2 vids of LS1's beating the 5.0's, but I'm not buying that they're faster even with few bolt ons. I'm not doubting your win Manny, hell you got a vid to prove it. I just don't think everyone should believe LS1's are faster than the new 5.0's. CHAMAN- I'm not a fanboy as you can tell from many of my posts, but because I own a LS1 I can't help, but cringe at the fact that the new 5.0 is faster, the Mach 1 is a drivers race, or that the 03/04 Cobra is bad ***. I was never really a ford hater and I always liked Mustangs. The LS1 came out in 97 and god damn it's still doing its thing on the streets. That says a lot in my opinion. You could have a H/C/I LS1 making 500rwhp, now that's pretty sick being able to do that with a ancient *** motor.

Last edited by SSmokin99; 07-28-2010 at 04:07 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
You beat the driver and not the car. That is all! I've seen 2 vids of LS1's beating the 5.0's, but I'm not buying that they're faster even with few bolt ons. I'm not doubting your win Manny, hell you got a vid to prove it. I just don't think everyone should believe LS1's are faster than the new 5.0's. CHAMAN- I'm not a fanboy as you can tell from many of my posts, but because I own a LS1 I can't help, but cringe at the fact that the new 5.0 is faster, the Mach 1 is a drivers race, or that the 03/04 Cobra is bad ***. I was never really a ford hater and I always liked Mustangs. The LS1 came out in 97 and god damn it's still doing its thing on the streets. That says a lot in my opinion. You could have a H/C/I LS1 making 500rwhp, now that's pretty sick being able to do that with a ancient *** motor.
Careful, you're going to be told that you don't deserve the GM vehicle you own
Old 07-28-2010, 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chaman
Yeah.....whatever you say. Enjoy the wallpaper.

Still waiting on your arguments pertaining this thread. Getting personal is all got?
You got a bad *** t/a you can tell you keep it clean...
Old 07-28-2010, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
mach1 a drivers race??? Yeah maybe if you dont know how to drive your ls1.. Its kinda saying the 5.0 and the ls1 is a driver race. When stock for stock ls1 would get owned and so will the mach1. Ls1 are underated and put 300rwhp+ (most of the time) Mach does not put 300rwhp stock and its a bit heavier.. Slap some gears intake and exhaust than you got a good race. My buddys mach1 put down 281rwhp with intake and full exhaust and I drove both cars. The mach will get up faster but ls1 will run it down almost everytime unless driver sux ***..
Old 07-28-2010, 09:17 AM
11 Second Club

Dear lord this thread got retarded.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gaunt
Dear lord this thread got retarded.
What thread dosnt get retarted.?.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:59 AM
Staging Lane

Only on LS1Tech will a GM guy get bashed by fellow GM owners for posting a Mustang kill. Just give the OP his props and move on. I understand bench racing can be interesting and all but you guys must realize, every 2011 GT isn't going to run what the magazines and tuners ran. Anything can happen on the street! This is a case where the LS1 had a better driver, and it also goes to show that even though the 5.0 is stronger stock for stock it's definitely not out of mild-modded LS1 range. Your comparing a high 12-second car to a low 13-second car... too close for comfort if you ask me.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLWNV10
Only on LS1Tech will a GM guy get bashed by fellow GM owners for posting a Mustang kill. Just give the OP his props and move on. I understand bench racing can be interesting and all but you guys must realize, every 2011 GT isn't going to run what the magazines and tuners ran. Anything can happen on the street! This is a case where the LS1 had a better driver, and it also goes to show that even though the 5.0 is stronger stock for stock it's definitely not out of mild-modded LS1 range. Your comparing a high 12-second car to a low 13-second car... too close for comfort if you ask me.
^^^^^ Damn... this is very true.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:56 AM
11 Second Club

What amuses me is how a SRK thread starts with a genuine race, however, it immediately turns into bench racing a few pages (if that) right after.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gaunt
What amuses me is how a SRK thread starts with a genuine race, however, it immediately turns into bench racing a few pages (if that) right after.
**** gets REAL in here son!

Hell, I love this place. *hugs everyone except Manny*
Old 07-28-2010, 11:24 AM
11 Second Club

Much <3 to SRK. This place never gets old.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
**** gets REAL in here son!

Hell, I love this place. *hugs everyone except Manny*
I don't want **** from u bitch