Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Buick Regal vs Acura NSX

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 12:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
I wish they didn't go away from the pop-up headlights. Many cars looked goofy with them (C5, Firebird) and this was the rare exception. Very nice car. You must earn one hell of a living.
He claims to make 60 grand a year....So I'm going to with he's in tons of debt like most of the fine folks in America.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Endersshadow
He claims to make 60 grand a year....So I'm going to with he's in tons of debt like most of the fine folks in America.
$60k isn't too bad.

I have seen NSXs as low as $20k. Maybe he bought that and his Viper used and lives in a smaller house. Maybe he just saves really well.

Maybe he is tons of debt. Who knows. It's just kind of unfair to jump to that conclusion.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

Theres an older guy that has a Red NSX in the Manchester area, has full exhaust and some other boltons - I certainly doubt it was him, but those cars r nice. gave me a thumbs up when i had my STi lol
Old 07-27-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Funkster
$60k isn't too bad.

I have seen NSXs as low as $20k. Maybe he bought that and his Viper used and lives in a smaller house. Maybe he just saves really well.

Maybe he is tons of debt. Who knows. It's just kind of unfair to jump to that conclusion.
It's also unfair that we have to sit through "Raw Wheel Horsepower" hour just to see that sweet Viper of his race. The world in unfair my friend.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Teching In

I use a lot of common sense and logic to figure things/people out. After seeing his posts, videos, reasoning skills and overall attitude... I'm going to say he's in a **** ton of debt and lives either with his parents or in an apartment.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Endersshadow
It's also unfair that we have to sit through "Raw Wheel Horsepower" hour just to see that sweet Viper of his race. The world in unfair my friend.
Vipers...they are just bigger Stratuses.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
I use a lot of common sense and logic to figure things/people out. After seeing his posts, videos, reasoning skills and overall attitude... I'm going to say he's in a **** ton of debt and lives either with his parents or in an apartment.
He has a wife and daughter and lives in his own house in hawaii, he also has a job and a small business on the side.

I got all of that from the info he gave out in just the SRandK thread. SO i will have to disagree with you there.

Also it all depends how people spend their money, i know how my friends dad brings in 250k a year, and his mom was a nurse, and they live in a regular house and drive a toyota minivan, but the orders out everyday for food and goes out A LOT as well as going on vacations a few times a year.

Cars are not always the best factor to figure our how much people make, not everyone really cares or sees them more then a means to get from point A to point B which is what they are but to many, like most of us, we can use them for enjoyment

Last edited by 06 6.0 GTO; 07-27-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could have sworn he once said he lived with his parents? :shrug: it's his life, his money, his cars.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:13 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Not even close. By 1993 the 911 Turbo was almost a full second quicker in the 1/4 compared to the NSX. I won't even get into the '96 Turbo model.

And if I had a $100,000 back in those days I sure in the heck wouldn't of spent it on an NSX. I can think of a dozen other cars of that era I would rather own...Corvette ZR1 is one of the first that comes to mind.
Ok... I know you can read.
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Acceleration in a straight line means almost nothing when talking about supercars. The NSX was very close to the 911 Turbo and Diablo of the day.
I obviously was not talking about the 1/4 mile when I said the NSX was very close to the 911 Turbo and Diablo.
Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
That NSX in the video is an NSX-R, which is basically the very limited production version designed specifically for road courses. It weighs 2,700 pounds and everything about the suspension and design of that model was to make it perform well on the road course. I hope it can handle fast turns.
The difference between a regular NSX and an NSX-R is smaller than the difference between a regular Corvette and a Z06. It's still an NSX, and it still had 100-300hp less than every other car in that race.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Killemall
look at my 91 nsx....

Sick NSX man. You have two beautiful cars, i'm jealous.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Maybe you just can't accept that the NSX is a great car?
The NSX is a great car, I never denied that.
Everyone here knows how much you hate Japanese everything, but come on.
I think you are confusing me with someone else...
Some of my favorite cars are japanese... Im quite the fanboy for the [hawk eye style] Sti and EVO 8 and 9.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Styling and very high-end engineering/technology.

The nsx was a mid engine car with an all aluminum chassis and styling that just grabs your attention. However I think the 92 Viper looks better, meaner, more aggressive just like an american car that's meant to perform should and id buy one over an NSX any day. But hey, to each his own, more power to killemall for owning a viper and an nsx lol
Old 07-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Launching!

Whoa........

I havent lived with my parents since I was 16...Ouch!!!!!!!!!

I dont have one daughter. I have 3 daughters and a son...My oldest is 16 and my youngest is 7..

Yes I only make 60K..But I get a check every month from a disability I got as an Infantry soldier on top of that..Plus I used money I got when I was medically discharged to help my wife buy a buisness 6 years ago. She already had a smaller buisness since 1997 and when she sold it we put that money together with my medical discharge money plus money we had saved and bought a bigger buisness..

The money from the buisness is considerably more than the money I make from my job..More than double and at times more than triple...

With all that said...between the monthly payments on my 600K house and my viper,nsx,ram 1500,nissan quest,jeep liberty plus takeing care of my 4 kids and all the other things that happen in life I am defiently living the AMERICAN way and in debt ect.

Just clarifying a lil as I dont want you to get the impression that I spend every dollart I earn paying for my nsx and viper (though I probally would with the viper atleaste..LOL)
Old 07-27-2010, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

This should make everyone happy...

http://www.ls7nsx.com/
Old 07-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Wow, I honestly thought you were like 22 years old by the way you conduct yourself.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
Wow, I honestly thought you were like 22 years old by the way you conduct yourself.
I am 23.

Hopefully I conduct myself in a way fitting of society.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Funkster
I am 23.

Hopefully I conduct myself in a way fitting of society.
Or at least to the judgemental SR&K faithful.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:44 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by TierAngst
This should make everyone happy...

http://www.ls7nsx.com/
That is gonna be SICK!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Killemall
I am defiently living the AMERICAN way and in debt ect.
I could give you some advise for free on how to negotiate some of your (unsecure)debt down to pennies on the dollar.. no cost, id just do it from one car fanatic to another... PM if ur down...
Old 07-27-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
I could give you some advise for free on how to negotiate some of your (unsecure)debt down to pennies on the dollar.. no cost, id just do it from one car fanatic to another... PM if ur down...
Dude you most share that with everyone here! Post it up!!!

Quick Reply: Buick Regal vs Acura NSX