Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo Civic vs 2v Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 11:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn dude those r good numbers for stock and non-vtec, good **** -and i love eg bubbles!

thanks!
Old 07-28-2010, 01:28 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sujomatt
Yea I hear you - I am more than willing to tell ppl its an ebay turbo. it is what it is haha

Oh my bad - sounded that way lol

It hits full boost almost instantly when vtec kicks in which is around 5500-6000 rpms (cant remember for the life of me right now lol) and I rev out to 8200rpm

ur order seems to make more sense then mine lmao
I laughed out loud when I read that. I have no idea why. Maybe because it reminds me of the fast and furious movies and the 'my new honda' crap. I'm so immature. lol

Good kill. What goin on with the camaro?
Old 07-28-2010, 04:53 AM
TECH Resident

Damn dude those r good numbers for stock and non-vtec, good **** -and i love eg bubbles!

thanks!

Thank you sir!

It was deff. a fun little ride and actually held it's own with my buddys cam/bolt on ta from a 40 roll i ended up taking the win by 2 cars lol....
Old 07-28-2010, 07:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
I laughed out loud when I read that. I have no idea why. Maybe because it reminds me of the fast and furious movies and the 'my new honda' crap. I'm so immature. lol

Good kill. What goin on with the camaro?
LOL

i was gonna say "when vtec pops" but I figured ppl would laugh at that WAY more.

The camaro I was planning to go big with but decided I don't have the drive or interest anymore.. way too much money to go fast with that car. i am putting it back together next month and selling it.

Originally Posted by BottleFedZ346
Thank you sir!

It was deff. a fun little ride and actually held it's own with my buddys cam/bolt on ta from a 40 roll i ended up taking the win by 2 cars lol....
hell yea dude - i hope to be doing the same thing as u lol, what tires did u have and suspension?

Need to buy those tires soon - i figure i can live without upgrading the clutch for a little while - just no crazy shifting lol

Last edited by sujomatt; 07-28-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:05 AM

Good kill, sounds like the work you put in was worth it! I agree on slapping some good tires on there, tires are my first mod on all my cars. If I owned a razor scooter I'd slap a drag radial on it

I definitely need to go for a ride this weekend sometime. Also, I should be running a turbo Integra in the G8 one of these days. I'll probably get whooped, but it'll be fun and I'll try to get a nice video of it.

Just fyi, I have no idea how a Dynomite dyno reads compared to any other dyno, but I have noticed that some of the newer dynos coming out tend to read high on the torque side.

Also, is a track visit in the cards?
Old 07-28-2010, 08:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Good kill, sounds like the work you put in was worth it! I agree on slapping some good tires on there, tires are my first mod on all my cars. If I owned a razor scooter I'd slap a drag radial on it

I definitely need to go for a ride this weekend sometime. Also, I should be running a turbo Integra in the G8 one of these days. I'll probably get whooped, but it'll be fun and I'll try to get a nice video of it.

Just fyi, I have no idea how a Dynomite dyno reads compared to any other dyno, but I have noticed that some of the newer dynos coming out tend to read high on the torque side.

Also, is a track visit in the cards?
lol, must be 1 hell of a scooter!

yea this weekend we can go for a quick rip and what integra is it? i know theres a couple around that are only running like 6 psi on a stock motor, etc (one of which i know when to the track and only ran a 15 lol) - you should be able to handle pretty easily. DEF GET VID

Dynomite is a land/sea dyno, whatever that may mean but yes, I did some googling, etc and they are definitely lower reading - like mustang dyno status. Also, I believe the torque should be correct, as most of his tunes read around where they would typically be but you may be right, who knows !

I am definitely going to be taking her to the track, just a matter of time really. want to go with tires obviously lol
Old 07-28-2010, 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

hell yea dude - i hope to be doing the same thing as u lol, what tires did u have and suspension?

Need to buy those tires soon - i figure i can live without upgrading the clutch for a little while - just no crazy shifting lol

No suspension really besides some ebay coilovers car didnt hook for crap from a 40roll lol....

The one time i did take it to the track she only cracked off a 12.8 @ 110mph with a 2.1 60ft since it had a b16 tranny i had to hit 5th thru the traps which i couldnt hit for crap so the 12.8 run was running out 4th then coasting lol....
Old 07-28-2010, 03:22 PM
***Repost Police***

lol, must be 1 hell of a scooter!

yea this weekend we can go for a quick rip and what integra is it? i know theres a couple around that are only running like 6 psi on a stock motor, etc (one of which i know when to the track and only ran a 15 lol) - you should be able to handle pretty easily. DEF GET VID

Dynomite is a land/sea dyno, whatever that may mean but yes, I did some googling, etc and they are definitely lower reading - like mustang dyno status. Also, I believe the torque should be correct, as most of his tunes read around where they would typically be but you may be right, who knows !

I am definitely going to be taking her to the track, just a matter of time really. want to go with tires obviously lol
Wow that's sad, I ran a 14.97 in my '94 GS-R with just axle-back exhaust
Old 07-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Staging Lane

so u got an LS-V right??

all i gotta say is when those cars are turboed they dont last very long man take good care of it.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BottleFedZ346
No suspension really besides some ebay coilovers car didnt hook for crap from a 40roll lol....

The one time i did take it to the track she only cracked off a 12.8 @ 110mph with a 2.1 60ft since it had a b16 tranny i had to hit 5th thru the traps which i couldnt hit for crap so the 12.8 run was running out 4th then coasting lol....
I have a B16 tranny as well, should be interesting when i head out there lol. and not a bad time for a stock ls boosted, good stuff!

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Wow that's sad, I ran a 14.97 in my '94 GS-R with just axle-back exhaust
yea from what i was told, hes not a good driver which is the main issue - idk lol

Originally Posted by kc-hoodsta
so u got an LS-V right??

all i gotta say is when those cars are turboed they dont last very long man take good care of it.
anything to back that statement up?
Old 07-28-2010, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks bro - When am i gonna meet u btw? I know you see Ron sometimes don't you??

She looks better in person i assure you - was kind of disappointed with these pics lol
Matt, yea i hang out with ron from time to time.... i have been missing out on all these sunday cruises those guys go on! yea i would like to see that "sleeper z28" in person! lol.
by the way the daily driver looks nice!
Old 07-28-2010, 04:25 PM

The Integra is white. I have no idea what's done other than the fact that it's turboed and I think he just got it on the road. I was told that on 12 psi he lost by 2 cars to that blue foxbody that beat my G8 by a fender. Now he's on 17 psi, so I'd assume that'd be worth more than a couple cars, but I'm just guessing as I don't know alot about these cars.

We'll set up a few track days next month or in September. I've only gone once this year and I'm dying to get back up there.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NXPRSS
Matt, yea i hang out with ron from time to time.... i have been missing out on all these sunday cruises those guys go on! yea i would like to see that "sleeper z28" in person! lol.
by the way the daily driver looks nice!
I think we are meeting at BK on the pike at 7 tonight if u wanna come man!

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
The Integra is white. I have no idea what's done other than the fact that it's turboed and I think he just got it on the road. I was told that on 12 psi he lost by 2 cars to that blue foxbody that beat my G8 by a fender. Now he's on 17 psi, so I'd assume that'd be worth more than a couple cars, but I'm just guessing as I don't know alot about these cars.

We'll set up a few track days next month or in September. I've only gone once this year and I'm dying to get back up there.
Does it have dished gold rims and is he jamaican?? lol

That thing should go faster than that!
Old 07-28-2010, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kc-hoodsta
so u got an LS-V right??

anything to back that statement up?
Oh man, from what I'm hearing, you backed it up yourself tonight.

Sorry to hear, dude. Hopefully you get back up and running quickly. Sounds like it ran strong against the Stang before it blew!
Old 07-28-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

Yep lmao, everyone jinxed me!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:02 PM

Well, it looks like it was running damn strong at least! You were neck and neck with that Mustang from what I could tell.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

Yea no doubt, just needs to have forged parts to work right .. I was passing him when he got off it for that dumb tractor trailor lol
Old 07-28-2010, 10:39 PM
10 Second Club

Yea no doubt, just needs to have forged parts to work right .. I was passing him when he got off it for that dumb tractor trailor lol
Sucks man, i feel your pain.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:32 AM
Teching In

Bummer to hear it shot craps. But with the b16 tranny at 40-45 in 2nd you should be right at vtec. What rpm are you at at that speed? My em1 is right at 5500 at 40 mph in 2nd gear.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:35 AM
TECH Resident

Are you going to stick with the B16 tranny?

Seems way too aggressively geared for how much power you are putting down.

Quick Reply: Turbo Civic vs 2v Mustang GT