Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 near stock '02 WS6's verse 2 '11 5.0 GT's.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 11:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kilgothephenom
I'd love to run into one. I'd even spray on him to make him be like WTF?!
Exactly. Let's keep the feeding order on the side of the much maligned and ostracized GM LSx side. I've had enough of people down talking LS1's thru LS3's (at least the Z06 got it's correct respect). It's easy to let **** slide when morons with slow cars talk about "killing this or that Camaro/GTO/vette" when you know you and your brethren are the top of the food chain. Well guess what? No more damned nice guy: attack these guys that talk ****, call them out, and if you can't beat them then chances are there is a LSx somewhere nearby that can.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant wait to run into one with the ole LT1 and put a spankin on him.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

Sticks flies the genocidal flag, haha.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kilgothephenom
I'd love to run into one. I'd even spray on him to make him be like WTF?!
I totally agree with this!!!
Old 07-31-2010, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

It's funny for me cause when I was stock, I'd pick a fight with anything I thought would be a good run. Now that I'm modded(full bolt-ons & cammed) I rarely instigate a battle with anything and just let them challenge me.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
give me about an hour or so to put them up
Approaching 3 hours... J/K I know it takes longer than you think to edit a video together. You start thinking about adding music, than the font, and adding other stuff...Takes me all day to edit one of my how to videos.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
Approaching 3 hours... J/K I know it takes longer than you think to edit a video together. You start thinking about adding music, than the font, and adding other stuff...Takes me all day to edit one of my how to videos.
I know haha my editing program (Final Cut Pro) cut my damn car out of the intro for some reason?? If it dosent export right this time im going to just take that part out
Old 07-31-2010, 11:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 9cobra4
I know I have 0 credit on here, reason one: I have no posts and have been lurking for years, reason two: I have a cobra. haha

But, I have to say you're wrong here, a buddy of mine just bought an '11 GT auto, with a set of 4:10's and tune he went 12.37@111(i'm not 100% sure on the trap, but I think that's it.) That E.T. is exactly what the bone stock 6 speed track pack's are going...I don't believe that is a drivers race. I'm not here to knock lsx guys, I love the cars, just have never came across a camaro or c5 vette optioned and in the condition for the price I wanna pay or I would have one. Sorry for the long post, I just don't want you guys thinking i'm here to start/talk ****. I'm not, I just think the ls1=new 5.0 comment was a little off. Maybe an ls6=5.0? Just my opinion(sorta) gentleman...Carry on.
The 5.0/ls1 comparison is much closer than the 5.0/ls6 comparison.

98% of M6 5.0 track pack M6s will not do 12.3s, period. Even your average tuned/gears auto will not do 12.3s.. I'm going to assume he had a tire and in very good air/track.

Not being a dick but if you tell someone they are wrong, try to be correct on your statements.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:40 PM
Teching In

the video is uploading to both street fire and youtube right now
Old 07-31-2010, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

R.I.P. For good birds and maros ...... SIKE!!!!!! now we are more alive then ever, ford came out with something that was supposed to be "superior" then the ls3 camaro, but forgot all about the little 4th gens. ride on 4th gen owners, and if you see another owner on the street you should give thumbs up to the guy/gal
Old 07-31-2010, 11:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones

I wont spoil the results, but lets just say that BOTH guys were surprised/ let down by the results. Manny couldnt get off in time: he tried to make it, even got off work early and started heading up to us but it wasnt meant to be: Levi and his 5.0 were done racing and called it a night so I had to tell Manny to head back home.

The other 5.0 backed out and the '10 SS guy that was my surprise guest was busy and couldnt get away. Manny and NiteriderWS6 made plans to meet up and race each other: don't know if it ever came to fruition. Manny? Niterider? Well?

Conditions: high 90's temp, low low humidity, 3200' elevation. NiteriderWS6's car quite literally drove all the way up here (including over a pass in 95+deg temps), turned off for 4-5 minutes, then raced back to back to back. 5.0 started up and drove 2 miles, sat for the same 4-5 minutes, then raced back to back to back. Numerous runs ensued: lots of runs and issues with launching equally and when to leave on what honk, etc.

All parties were VERY insistent on getting as even of race starts as possible.

Where was I? The 5.0 driver was paranoid about getting busted, so I sat near the end of the 5 mile long dead end road in the middle of the desert and held my cell phone in my hand, awaiting the very minimal chance that someone actually came down the road so I could warn them. What must have been 45 minutes of me watching for them- and occasionally catching view of some of the runs- then finally Levi in the 5.0 pulled up to me. Here is what he said:

"Damn man. (head shaking) I can't believe how strong those Firebird runs. (head shaking again). From a roll I just couldnt pull on him! That thing really moves out."

Me: "He (niteriderws6) called me 10 minutes ago. Said you killed him out of the hole. That true?"

Him: "Yeah I got him pretty good off the stop: got some cars on him and he couldnt come back. It was just those damned rolls that I couldnt seem to pull on him like I thought FOR SURE I would." (head shaking again)

(more head shaking) "I was so surprised when he lept out on me from most of the roll races: I held the gear and shifted at redline, there wasnt any real throttle lag his car just seemed to jump out on me on the hit and I never could regain the ground, all the way up to the top end. I sure enough had him from any low roll though. His car just seemed not able to take off as hard as mine."

He said a couple more things, about how the WS6 just seemed to have a gearing advantage and thru all the different roll races they did, the M6 always seemed to be able to jump out on him.

When NiteriderWS6 pulled up Levi said he had to go: The bar was calling his name.

I'll leave what NiteriderWS6 said to his own post: his video should be up soon. The 5.0 guy will be on soon also- I told him about this site and asked him to chime in incase anyone calls bullshit.
Thanks for the kind words sir, you and your wife were some of the coolest people we have met from LS1Tech and those navy stories were great also my girlfriend says shes really glad we met you guys today and she had fun
Old 07-31-2010, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MrFrossty
Sticks flies the genocidal flag, haha.
Damn right I do: when I pick a side, I PICK A SIDE! Being kinda a dick and an abrasive personality, I pick cars like I pick friends: they are with me for life and I'll back them to the hilt, blindfolded even.
Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
He must have ALOT of video footage. Took them long enough to get all the runs in while I was standing in the damned desert staring at, no ****, tumbleweeds blowing by!
Thanks for the kind words sir, you and your wife were some of the coolest people we have met from LS1Tech and those navy stories were great also my girlfriend says shes really glad we met you guys today and she had fun
Yor girlfriend hit it off with my wife pretty well: My wife was impressed by both of you- and if you knew her like I do, thats one helluva complement.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 433 Likes on 340 Posts

I don't think a 5.0 will hang with a ls6.....if you don't believe read my sig
Old 08-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Damn right I do: when I pick a side, I PICK A SIDE! Being kinda a dick and an abrasive personality, I pick cars like I pick friends: they are with me for life and I'll back them to the hilt, blindfolded even.

He must have ALOT of video footage. Took them long enough to get all the runs in while I was standing in the damned desert staring at, no ****, tumbleweeds blowing by!

Yor girlfriend hit it off with my wife pretty well: My wife was impressed by both of you- and if you knew her like I do, thats one helluva complement.
I have about 4 races 2 digs and 2 rolls it's just that the Canon 7D HD videos are huge in size lol
Old 08-01-2010, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

vids vids vids!! How long till we can see them??!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Put em up then! Haha
Old 08-01-2010, 12:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

****. I was supposed to be part of this and stupid job didn't let me.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have about 4 races 2 digs and 2 rolls it's just that the Canon 7D HD videos are huge in size lol
Tags or link please.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

This is taking about as long as it takes Manny's car to get to 100. Should I set my alarm 19" wheel guy?
Old 08-01-2010, 12:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

YouTube please. I only have access to Internet with my iPhone.