Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 near stock '02 WS6's verse 2 '11 5.0 GT's.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 02:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 9cobra4
I expect some criticism, I've just never seen a ls1 go anywhere near 12.30's stock. I'm not sure what kind of wheel/tire package he ran to get the 12.37, but I will say it was in cleve's ohio, on a 90 degree humid day.
]
Considering he had a tune, 4.10s and bigs and littles with stickies out back a stock 5.0 hasnt gone that fast either.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Considering he had a tune, 4.10s and bigs and littles with stickies out back a stock 5.0 hasnt gone that fast either.
The 6 speeds have, you can use google just as good as I can. And that's why I said nowhere near 12.30's, to make up the for whatever he gained with the mods he has.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:06 PM
***Repost Police***

Yes, but there have been cars that have gone 12.5x (maybe lower?) stock down to the filter.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Teching In

Ruhtard post.

Last edited by 9cobra4; 08-01-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:10 PM
***Repost Police***

I was talking about 5.0s. That was in response to necro.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:30 PM
On The Tree

Lol really? Compare the 1/4 mile times/track times/ any times of the '11 ss and the '11 5.0. Nice try though, I always heard you guys loved your ls1's, but I had no idea you'd stretch the truth this far to just say they're still in the game. Again, I in no way shape or form do not like your guys' cars. To be frank, I love them capabilities/strength of them, but it's time to realize the mustang has FINALLY outdone the camaro...
Lol really! Did you not just watch the video? Did you not just see a lid and catback 2001 TA outrun the 5.0 from a roll, twice? Have you not seen the other videos about near stock LS1s outrunning the 5.0 as well? How can you deny the LS1 giving the 5.0s a fight for their lives? Like I said, I know the 5.0 has an EDGE but that's all they have. Thank you for again, proving my point about the 5.0 should be compared the the 6.2 but seems like it's the LS1s that are giving the 5.0s a hard time. Can't say I've seen many 5th Gen vs 5.0s yet. In case you were wondering, I wasn't saying the 5th Gens are faster than the LS1s or 5.0s. I feel they are on par with both. I was comparing the 2011 5.0 to the 1998-2002 LS1 when it should be competing with the 2011 SS. There has been no stretched truth here, just blind ignorance from some apparently. I can give Ford it's dues for finally making a NA Stang to have an edge on the same class/year Camaro. I mean, what happened with the LT1/LS1 days? Also, let's see a near stock Stang run with a stock 98-02 F-Body like the 98-02 can run with the 2011 5.0.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know I have 0 credit on here, reason one: I have no posts and have been lurking for years, reason two: I have a cobra. haha

But, I have to say you're wrong here, a buddy of mine just bought an '11 GT auto, with a set of 4:10's and tune he went 12.37@111(i'm not 100% sure on the trap, but I think that's it.) That E.T. is exactly what the bone stock 6 speed track pack's are going...I don't believe that is a drivers race. I'm not here to knock lsx guys, I love the cars, just have never came across a camaro or c5 vette optioned and in the condition for the price I wanna pay or I would have one. Sorry for the long post, I just don't want you guys thinking i'm here to start/talk ****. I'm not, I just think the ls1=new 5.0 comment was a little off. Maybe an ls6=5.0? Just my opinion(sorta) gentleman...Carry on.
You must be from Cincy huh? That sounds like beefcakes car. I was there that day he had his car at the friday night event. Impressive for sure

Originally Posted by MrFrossty
Interested to see what tires were used to achieve a 12.3 time on a stock 5.0. I bet it wasn't stock tires. My guess is 15in DRs on lightweight drag wheels.
And your point? Tires should never be considered a mod, Its more of a safety aspect. Any car with power needs a sticky tire to eliminate wheel spin and keep it safer

Hey, genious, the point of my post, since it obvisouly traveled well over your head, was that the 5.0 should be matched up with the LS3 Camaro, rather than a 13 year engine and finding something this closely matched after 13 years is pretty impressive in itself. With that being said, the 5.0 has a slight advantage but the fact that this 13 year engine/technology is giving it one H*ll of a fight with a VERY close and accurate representation of what could have been 13 years ago is why. People can say track prep or gears or whatever but the bottom line is not every 5.0 that you run into on the street or track is going to be optimally optioned or conditions or equal drivers so this is a controlled display of real life. Let's compare the last year the LS1 was made(2002) for the F-Body and compare it to a 13 year old Mustang and watch what happens.
Have you been hiding under a rock or what? The new 5.0 is right on par with the new camaro and is a drivers race with the edge to the new 5.0. Do some research before you talk like you know something when it's clear you do not.

Evan smith ran 12.6 on street tires and then went 12.3 on a DR completely bone stock!
Old 08-01-2010, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

And in case anyone else gets pissed off and confused, don't act like I don't understand what's going on. Ever since the '97 Vette was released and then the '98 F-Body, the LS1 has been dominate, in it's class, and has yet to be dethroned. The 2010 Camaro has made a big push to do so and Ford, with the new 5.0 has tipped the scales in it's favor. This is the end of the LS1's dominate era and either the beginning of the 5.0s or the 5th Gen Camaro. We are now in the turning point and my whole argument was the LS1, even as old as it is, is still able to compete with the newer cars(the favored 5.0) and not letting it's title go lightly. I know it will come to pass but these are the finals months of it's reign and it isn't going down without a fight.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

the LS1 has been dominate, in it's class, and has yet to be dethroned.
News to me
Old 08-01-2010, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
And your point? Tires should never be considered a mod, Its more of a safety aspect. Any car with power needs a sticky tire to eliminate wheel spin and keep it safer

My point is if it's not on the car when bought stock, it isn't stock and anything changed to increase performance over stock should be listed as a mod. Just like the lightweight wheels. Simple as that. It can serve mutiple purposes.

Have you been hiding under a rock or what? The new 5.0 is right on par with the new camaro and is a drivers race with the edge to the new 5.0. Do some research before you talk like you know something when it's clear you do not.
I'm going to be mature and not be a dick like you. You just stated what I have been stating. Why is the 5.0 being compared to the LS1 rather than the LS3? Like I said, it should be competing with the same year Camaro and not one that is 10 years older. Yet, the fact the 10 year old LS1 can compete is saying something about the LS1. Geez, come on Mustang guys, READ.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
News to me
Glad you now know. And what other car in it's class, off the showroom floor could beat it?
Old 08-01-2010, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

I expect some criticism, I've just never seen a ls1 go anywhere near 12.30's stock. I'm not sure what kind of wheel/tire package he ran to get the 12.37, but I will say it was in cleve's ohio, on a 90 degree humid day.

Nevermind:Found the video, I'l ask him what the da' was.
That car is not stock, period. The video/point/etc etc etc is totally irrelevant.
This.
The 6 speeds have, you can use google just as good as I can. And that's why I said nowhere near 12.30's, to make up the for whatever he gained with the mods he has.
Nowhere near? 12.7 IIRC is the ls1 record.... And that was truly stock (not gears/tune/etc, bone stock with radials, not even skinnies).. That is pretty damn close IMO.

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
Complete ******* bull ****. If I posted a bone stock camaro doing XX.XX everyone would bitch cause it had tires and wasn't stock.

Sticky tires=not stock when talking like this.. Sure if you are out on a friday night or just a normal track visit a stock car with tires is stock.. But for the sake of this argument... Tires=not stock.

Evan smith ran 12.6 on street tires and then went 12.3 on a DR completely bone stock!
So with tires and Evan Smith driving both cars there is give or take .3 of a difference.

What most would consider a drivers race with the edge to the 5.0 on the street.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Glad you now know. And what other car in it's class, off the showroom floor could beat it?
Saleen S351, 2000 Cobra R, Saleen 281E, 03 Cobra/04 Cobra, 03/04 Mach 1 depending on drivers, GT500, and I'm sure I'm missing more... Wait, are you going to say we can only compare cars up to 2002 because GM didn't know how to sell a car? You're a true fanboi
Old 08-01-2010, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lemons12
That car is not stock, period. The video/point/etc etc etc is totally irrelevant.

This.

Nowhere near? 12.7 IIRC is the ls1 record.... And that was truly stock (not gears/tune/etc, bone stock with radials, not even skinnies).. That is pretty damn close IMO.

Complete ******* bull ****. If I posted a bone stock camaro doing XX.XX everyone would bitch cause it had tires and wasn't stock.

Sticky tires=not stock when talking like this.. Sure if you are out on a friday night or just a normal track visit a stock car with tires is stock.. But for the sake of this argument... Tires=not stock.

So with tires and Evan Smith driving both cars there is give or take .3 of a difference.

What most would consider a drivers race with the edge to the 5.0 on the street.
Thank you, everything he just said X2.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

Saleen S351, 2000 Cobra R, Saleen 281E, 03 Cobra/04 Cobra, 03/04 Mach 1 depending on drivers, GT500, and I'm sure I'm missing more... Wait, are you going to say we can only compare cars up to 2002 because GM didn't know how to sell a car? You're a true fanboi
Read, then try again. I'll give you the Machs as a driver's race with the edge going to the LS1 but still, the Machs weren't as dominate as the LS1s.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah, cause those cars were still in it's class right? None of those cars listed were in the same class as the 98-02 F-Body. My point stands and yours is invalid. And how are you gonna compare cars of the same year that wasn't produced? Oh yeah, I see it being done in this thread where the LS1 IS STILL OUTRUNNING the brand new 5.0.
OMFGBBQ keep the keyboard hot son! AGGGHHH with the fast replies! You guys are hilarious. Hurry hit refresh! I'm about to reply hit it again!
Old 08-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Read, then try again.
All those I listed were Mustangs you idiot. What is in the LS1's class then?
Old 08-01-2010, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

All those I listed were Mustangs you idiot. What is in the LS1's class then?
Yeah, I get that. I'm talking 98-02 F-Body of course. Isn't that the point and purpose of this entire thread? The LS1 F-Bodies vs 5.0 and the 5thG LS3 Camaro? Come on, focus. Class is determined by price range. Also props to you for keeping everything real mature.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

OMFGBBQ keep the keyboard hot son! AGGGHHH with the fast replies! You guys are hilarious. Hurry hit refresh! I'm about to reply hit it again!
I love it!

Class is determined by price range.
Incorrect.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

FOR ANYBODY EVER TRYING TO SAY I AM A NUT SWINGER ONE WAY OR THE OTHER OR OFF ANYBODY ELSE NUTS!!!!!!

I just agreed with Frosty and went against all the Ford people (stop/f8lbyte/etc).... Then 2 posts later I disagreed with Frosty and liked Stopsigns post.

I am not biased (at least MUCH MUCH less than 98% of the people on this site), I am not brand loyal or a nut swinger.

Carry on.