Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 near stock '02 WS6's verse 2 '11 5.0 GT's.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
You must be from Cincy huh? That sounds like beefcakes car. I was there that day he had his car at the friday night event. Impressive for sure
yes.

Originally Posted by MrFrossty
I'm going to be mature and not be a dick like you. You just stated what I have been stating. Why is the 5.0 being compared to the LS1 rather than the LS3? Like I said, it should be competing with the same year Camaro and not one that is 10 years older. Yet, the fact the 10 year old LS1 can compete is saying something about the LS1. Geez, come on Mustang guys, READ.
You and the op are the ones comparing it to the LS1, not us mustang guys. I said compare it to the '11 SS and got nothing.

Glad you now know. And what other car in it's class, off the showroom floor could beat it?
Holy **** dude, who gives a **** what could beat what 10 years ago. How about the 2003 cobra?...oh...oops, touchy subject? lol jfwy man. I don't like being shitty. i really don't. It just seems we're arguing two different things on accident.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 9cobra4
You and the op are the ones comparing it to the LS1, not us mustang guys. I said compare it to the '11 SS and got nothing.

Holy **** dude, who gives a **** what could beat what 10 years ago. How about the 2003 cobra?...oh...oops, touchy subject? lol jfwy man. I don't like being shitty. i really don't. It just seems we're arguing two different things on accident.
I also say compare it to the 2010/2011 LS3. That's what it should be compared to and like I've said before, it's a driver's race with the edge going to the 5.0. Same thing with the LS1. I don't care if I'm labeled as a fanboi, I just think it's something to be said for the LS1 when it can compete with the new 5.0 AND LS3 after how old it is. I was just defending my statement against Stopsign and even if the F-Body was produced in 03/04, the Cobra was in a higher class unless the F-Body was upgraded or another model was produced. Same thing now, the GT500 is a different class than the SS. It's cool, I see we were actually arguing the same point but through a misunderstanding. No harm done.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
OMFGBBQ keep the keyboard hot son! AGGGHHH with the fast replies! You guys are hilarious. Hurry hit refresh! I'm about to reply hit it again!
sweet
Old 08-01-2010, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Sorry OP for helping take this thread off course. Anyone wanting to further argue, it can be done in PMs. Back to your regularly scheduled thread.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tires should never be considered a mod, Its more of a safety aspect. Any car with power needs a sticky tire to eliminate wheel spin and keep it safer
WTF
Old 08-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to be mature and not be a dick like you. You just stated what I have been stating. Why is the 5.0 being compared to the LS1 rather than the LS3? Like I said, it should be competing with the same year Camaro and not one that is 10 years older. Yet, the fact the 10 year old LS1 can compete is saying something about the LS1. Geez, come on Mustang guys, READ.
Probably because the is ls1tech.... You guys are the ones wanting to compare it to the ls1. And there isnt anything wrong with that because the majority of the people on here own fbody's or have ls1's and they want to see how their cars compare.

I also say compare it to the 2010/2011 LS3. That's what it should be compared to and like I've said before, it's a driver's race with the edge going to the 5.0. Same thing with the LS1. I don't care if I'm labeled as a fanboi, I just think it's something to be said for the LS1 when it can compete with the new 5.0 AND LS3 after how old it is. I was just defending my statement against Stopsign and even if the F-Body was produced in 03/04, the Cobra was in a higher class unless the F-Body was upgraded or another model was produced. Same thing now, the GT500 is a different class than the SS. It's cool, I see we were actually arguing the same point but through a misunderstanding. No harm done.
How did I know this was going to be said. Its funny you want to say the 03/04 cobra's are in a different class than the f-body but any other year cobra they are considered the same class Why is that? probably because they were a close race and the 03/04 absolutely rape the f-body?
Old 08-01-2010, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Started out as a good thread, and ended in fail.

I LOVED the video. Its nice to see a light bolt-on LS1 still keeping up with/barely losing to the new 5.0.

This competition is only going to bring out better and better cars at a cost efficient price. I could care less if you nut swing one way or the other, you can't argue that the competition is good for both parties involved.

I am interested to see when Chevy releases the 6th gen Camaro with the new chassis. It'll be just another form of competition and I can't wait to see Ford's reply.

I consider myself a huge GM guy, but if it came down to it today I would buy a new 2011 GT over a 2010/2011 Camaro SS. I must be the definition of a
Old 08-01-2010, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

How did I know this was going to be said. Its funny you want to say the 03/04 cobra's are in a different class than the f-body but any other year cobra they are considered the same class Why is that? probably because they were a close race and the 03/04 absolutely rape the f-body?
Owning a late 90's Mustang and hangin on the nutz of a 03-04 would be like me harping about the ZR-1. Ya there is something better. We know we lose all the time stock. It is ****** embarassing. Same with the GT500. Chevy will drop this Z28 and ford will add more HP and we will lose again.
It was odd that all those ****** years they were both made that chevy won alot of the more recent years. Then the fbod is dropped and here comes the ringer.

Also we go over this alot but i never seem to see a answer that hits at the point. If your such a mustang guy why come here? If it is cause you like the Camaro then why jump to arms for the stang if ur on both sides of this fight?
Just gets old.
BTW id rape you.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Who actually races stock anyway?
Old 08-01-2010, 05:50 PM
11 Second Club

I was impressed by the rental GT auto taking out the Fbody from a dig. That passenger wouldn't have made a difference you can tell by the way the TA get's out front to 20mph then the GTjust walks it. at least that's how it looked to me.

That's an auto RENTAL?? Just imagine a decent driver in the trak-pak stick? gotta have another 1.5-2 cars on that no? as for the roll races? not having seen the begining to confirm it was even start both times out it's hard to judge knowing how badly the GT took the TA from the dig..

Props to Ford, but i'll still never buy one lol
Old 08-01-2010, 05:51 PM
11 Second Club

And your point? Tires should never be considered a mod, Its more of a safety aspect. Any car with power needs a sticky tire to eliminate wheel spin and keep it safer.
Your kidding right?
Old 08-01-2010, 06:04 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 99SS-T
Owning a late 90's Mustang and hangin on the nutz of a 03-04 would be like me harping about the ZR-1. Ya there is something better. We know we lose all the time stock. It is ****** embarassing. Same with the GT500. Chevy will drop this Z28 and ford will add more HP and we will lose again.
It was odd that all those ****** years they were both made that chevy won alot of the more recent years. Then the fbod is dropped and here comes the ringer.

Also we go over this alot but i never seem to see a answer that hits at the point. If your such a mustang guy why come here? If it is cause you like the Camaro then why jump to arms for the stang if ur on both sides of this fight?
Just gets old.
BTW id rape you.
What he said made perfect sense. The "competition" for the '03-'04 Cobra would have been the SS/WS6. Just like it was in previous years. And people that own other makes of car come here because they are car guys.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99SS-T

Just gets old.
BTW id rape you.
I am on here because a lot of the guys I hang out with are in the mid-west section. Not only that but I am just a car enthusiast period, ya I like the mustang more but I have always liked the ls motors and the T/A and how they look.

I'm not swinging on the nuts of any car and if you got that somehow then you need help with reading comprehension.

I am still in college and completely happy with how my car runs for my situation. So if it makes you feel like a bigger man knowing you have a faster car then me then congrats you have a quicker car then a guy who attends college full-time.

You sir are my hero, I can only dream to grow up like you and have such a fast car

Jk don't let that get you your head cause your car doesn't impress me at all

Last edited by F8L BYT; 08-01-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Launching!

Nice runs! The 5.0 A6 is impressive from a dig. The LS1 is soooo much closer than most anticipated though. lol And getting the win from a roll is even more impressive. Auto '11 GT's are dynoing in the 360rwhp range from what i've seen, A LOT more than any lid/cat-back LS1 puts down. Yet won both roll races. Nice!
Old 08-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
I was impressed by the rental GT auto taking out the Fbody from a dig. That passenger wouldn't have made a difference you can tell by the way the TA get's out front to 20mph then the GTjust walks it. at least that's how it looked to me.

That's an auto RENTAL?? Just imagine a decent driver in the trak-pak stick? gotta have another 1.5-2 cars on that no? as for the roll races? not having seen the begining to confirm it was even start both times out it's hard to judge knowing how badly the GT took the TA from the dig..

Props to Ford, but i'll still never buy one lol
I had driven the car almost 2 hours to that race and it had zero cool down time and I did notice it wasnt running as hard as usual but it was 95+ out in the desert humid air. The 5.0 had been sitting all day. My T/A bogged on that run thats why it looks like he passed me like i was standing still on the 2nd dig run. As far as the roll races, we got a dead even start each time, 1st roll race: I honked it off, 2nd roll Race we both agreed to go once we passed a sign on the side of the road and we both took off at the same time.

Not making any excuses on my end I knew that I was going to have to drive pretty far but it was all for fun and so we could get some real world results of how both cars would do against each other.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
I had driven the car almost 2 hours to that race and it had zero cool down time and I did notice it wasnt running as hard as usual but it was 95+ out in the desert humid air. The 5.0 had been sitting all day. My T/A bogged on that run thats why it looks like he passed me like i was standing still on the 2nd dig run. As far as the roll races, we got a dead even start each time, 1st roll race: I honked it off, 2nd roll Race we both agreed to go once we passed a sign on the side of the road and we both took off at the same time.

Not making any excuses on my end I knew that I was going to have to drive pretty far but it was all for fun and so we could get some real world results of how both cars would do against each other.
I have to admit it did look like your car fell flat on it's face on the second dig run. Looks like how my car runs when i'm hot lapping in the summertime.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
I have to admit it did look like your car fell flat on it's face on the second dig run. Looks like how my car runs when i'm hot lapping in the summertime.
Thats exactly what it did and as I stated before those races were to close for error and the car doing that just cost me those dig races. Im still pretty happy that a lid, cutout, catback car did that well against the 5.0
Old 08-01-2010, 07:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
Thats exactly what it did and as I stated before those races were to close for error and the car doing that just cost me those dig races. Im still pretty happy that a lid, cutout, catback car did that well against the 5.0
And you should be...on 19" wheels too! lol That's impressive no matter what anyone says.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:32 PM
TECH Resident

^^^ agreed and awesome setup for the race hats off to everyone that was a part of it
Old 08-01-2010, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

I want to know wher I can rent a 5.0!! nice vid, that was a sic camera to take those HQ still shots!