Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

losing sucks

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 10:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default losing sucks

well we dropped the kids off at their grandma's and met up with some friends to go see dinner for schmucks. so after the movie my friend gets in his camaro and i know he has been wanting a chance to line up with the V ever since i got it, yall might have even seen the whole smack talking thread me and him had in the bench racing section. so we play around a few times not really honking it off and i could get a little jump on him and hold it for a while but once we hit 4th i could hear him gaining on me, by the top of 4th he had a solid 2 cars on me. we talked a little after and he says from a dig i would get a big lead because he cant launch and I'm pretty good, but from a roll, the big girl cant hold him off.
his mods: long tubes, offroad y-pipe, loudmouth catback, lid
my mods: crappy cone filter i stuck on that probably made me lose power from suckin in hot air. been meaning to put the stock box back.
this race really made me want to get my camaro tuned, but that would be a horribly one sided race, but he's usually up for racin anything, even if the outcome is pretty sure.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

honorable loss? First you gotta tell us WHAT he had! A '94 LT1 Impalla SS maybe? ouch. lol
Old 07-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
honorable loss? First you gotta tell us WHAT he had! A '94 LT1 Impalla SS maybe? ouch. lol
oops, sorry, i did say he got in his camaro, but i didn't say that its a 02 z28, and he actually just had a new engine and trans after both had catastrophic failures.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would have made him race you from a dig.

What's that V got under the hood anyway? Is it the same engine the 2002-2004 Z06 had, 405hp LS6?
Old 07-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

05 V has the LS2. I would rather have a LS6 as the bone stock motor: only benefit of the LS2 is when you go after heads/cam. L92 capability is a bigtime plus! extra cubes dont hurt either.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
I would have made him race you from a dig.

What's that V got under the hood anyway? Is it the same engine the 2002-2004 Z06 had, 405hp LS6?
yes, except in the cts-v it makes 400 even because there's no room so they put a tiny filter over in the corner. I'd like to mod it a little but my wife keeps saying that she lets me do whatever i want to the camaro, as long as i leave the family car alone. we need something to be reliable.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Launching!

05 V has the LS2. I would rather have a LS6 as the bone stock motor: only benefit of the LS2 is when you go after heads/cam. L92 capability is a bigtime plus! extra cubes dont hurt either.
sorry, the 05 has the ls6 man. and i do like it better though, it seems like more of a racey engine, whereas the ls2 reminds me of a truck engine, maybe because of having the TBSS
Old 07-30-2010, 11:22 PM
Staging Lane

huh. thought that when the gto got the LS2, so did the V. When did the V get it then?
Old 07-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Launching!

huh. thought that when the gto got the LS2, so did the V. When did the V get it then?
in 06, dont ask me why. it would make sense if they changed in the same year. lol you had me questioning myself though. but my strut tower bar says LS6 on it. i wonder if that's stock or something the previous owner did.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by the jester 812
my wife keeps saying that she lets me do whatever i want to the camaro, as long as i leave the family car alone. we need something to be reliable.
Is your wife really that sensible? The pic you have of her with the belt around her chest makes her seem pretty adventerous.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
Is your wife really that sensible? The pic you have of her with the belt around her chest makes her seem pretty adventurous.
lol, thats not my wife, damn she would kill me if i posted a pic of her like that on the internet. and my wifes a redhead. thats just some avatar i found somewhere that i thought other guys would like to look at, i know i sure as hell do