Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran me an 04 GSXR 750 yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 08:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ran me an 04 GSXR 750 yesterday

Hey guys I havn't posted here in a while my car been under the knife but I finally got it back so anyway Im cruzing down the interstate near home and an 04 GSXR 750 pulls right on my rear bumper so I speed up alittle and gets over in the slow lane beside me and looks over at me and I know he's game so I slow down to about 55 and see him gear down and lay into it so I do the same. We were neck and neck for a split second and I start to pull on him. I ran mine up to about 125 and had him by about 3 cars when I let out of it. He finally came by me and gave a thumbs up and I did the same. All in all a pretty good race. j
Old 07-31-2010, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

I was about to call BS then i saw your mods so it is definitely believable. However, for him to get the jump on you and you pull him 3 cars in only a 55-125 spurt, i would have to assume he was in one gear too high for his bike. Possibly he was in third or that if he actually was in second, he shifted quite early. Thats just a guess, though. Either way its very impressive.

I also see you're close to me. Do you have any 1/4 mile times or 1/8 mile times? I frequent Zmax a lot and Mooresville every now and then (Im more of a 1/4 mile fan). Nice car!
Old 07-31-2010, 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kilgothephenom
I was about to call BS then i saw your mods so it is definitely believable. However, for him to get the jump on you and you pull him 3 cars in only a 55-125 spurt, i would have to assume he was in one gear too high for his bike. Possibly he was in third or that if he actually was in second, he shifted quite early. Thats just a guess, though. Either way its very impressive.

I also see you're close to me. Do you have any 1/4 mile times or 1/8 mile times? I frequent Zmax a lot and Mooresville every now and then (Im more of a 1/4 mile fan). Nice car!
I was gonna say the same thing about him probably being one gear too high based on your results but great run. You never know just how good of a rider you're pulling up next to on these bikes and when you've got the power you do, one gear or bad shifting can make all the difference in the world. Nice kill.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Kill. Sounds like he just learned a good lesson about never underestimating an opponent and always be in Kill Mode.

I got a nicely built ZX14, yet I always take care to be in the best gear for the occasion no matter if I think I need it or not. Slaughtering an opponent mercilessly whenever possible is my MO.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:17 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kilgothephenom

I kinda thought the same thing I owned a gsxr 750 awhile back and I remember several times not being in the right gear and getting owned but once I started learning the bike not so much

Also the only time Ive been to Zmax we were chasing a boost problem it wouldnt build but 4 psi and it run a 11.65 @ 120 but I took it to the 8th thurs and ran a 7.14 @ 96 thanks j
Old 08-01-2010, 09:20 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
I was gonna say the same thing about him probably being one gear too high based on your results but great run. You never know just how good of a rider you're pulling up next to on these bikes and when you've got the power you do, one gear or bad shifting can make all the difference in the world. Nice kill.
Thanks and your right when I had my bike I was one of those bad riders you spoke of so I sold her
Old 08-01-2010, 09:24 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Good Kill. Sounds like he just learned a good lesson about never underestimating an opponent and always be in Kill Mode.

I got a nicely built ZX14, yet I always take care to be in the best gear for the occasion no matter if I think I need it or not. Slaughtering an opponent mercilessly whenever possible is my MO.
Thanks Im sure if I would have been lined up against your bike it would have been a different outcome those ZX14's are freaking fast.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice run. A 575+rwhp V8 is no joke .

I don't XD.

I do 5th gear pulls all the time when the ricers toy with me on the highway...give em just enough to have hope before the "Downshift & Dip" .

I can hear them now..."Damn, I almost had him!!!" .
Old 08-01-2010, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

A nicely built ZX14, I dont see how some of you guys do it that 750 I had was too much for me. You guys have no fear
Old 08-01-2010, 03:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Puck
Nice run. A 575+rwhp V8 is no joke .

I don't XD.

I do 5th gear pulls all the time when the ricers toy with me on the highway...give em just enough to have hope before the "Downshift & Dip" .

I can hear them now..."Damn, I almost had him!!!" .
Yeah but I dont know if he was in the right gear or not but he should have he prolly thought I was another stock ta. j
Old 08-01-2010, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

At first I wanted to say bull.. but, the number your putting down aren't a joke.. I bet that guy was shocked as you pulled on him..
Old 08-01-2010, 03:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by meine96ws6
At first I wanted to say bull.. but, the number your putting down aren't a joke.. I bet that guy was shocked as you pulled on him..
Thanks, Im sure it surprised him streetcars are not supposed to outrun bikes
Old 08-01-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by meine96ws6
That's why you've always gotta be in kill mode if you don't know what's under the hood!
Old 08-01-2010, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

nice kill. i love when cars take down bikes. most riders (not all) think there bike is untouchable by any car. damn you make some damn nice power for 8psi, especially with so many stock parts.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by danbap
nice kill. i love when cars take down bikes. most riders (not all) think there bike is untouchable by any car. damn you make some damn nice power for 8psi, especially with so many stock parts.
Thanks really all the thanks goes to the guys at Heintz Racing and Nick Williams they are the brains behind it. j
Old 08-03-2010, 07:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
That's why you've always gotta be in kill mode if you don't know what's under the hood!
So very true
Old 08-03-2010, 07:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

do you know what your car weighs?
Old 08-03-2010, 07:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by danbap
do you know what your car weighs?
Not really but I think its probably a good bit below stock with everthing Ive took off of it. j
Old 08-03-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

i couldn't believe how heavy my car was when i weighed it.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Kill ! More than likely he may have been in the wrong gear but your car does sound dam fast. I think at lower speeds he should have kept up a little better but no doubt you will pull him.

I had an 04 750 with some mods and it dyno'd 137 rwhp when finished which was pretty sharp. Before I sold it I raced my own 93 c4 vette with a 388 ci 8000 rpm solid roller and my vette would only pull away above 100 mph. My vette put down 479 rwhp on a Mustang dyno. You've got a hell of a lot more torque probably and 50 rwhp on me so pulling a 750 should be cake for you. Even an r1 up to about 01 or so should be easy.