Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2002 Z28, heads/cam/100 shot vs 1994 Z28, bolt-ons/100 shot

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2002 Z28, heads/cam/100 shot vs 1994 Z28, bolt-ons/100 shot

I ran one of my buddys tonight on a cruise that a few of us got together for. He's been wanting to race me for a while and asked me today before the cruise. I was definitely up for it, but he's known as the excuse king and will say he hung right with everything, even when he gets smoked, so I made sure to grab a camera man.

My car is a 2002 Z28, M6, heads/cam/100 shot. I made 422 rwhp, 374 rwtq on motor and estimated 520 rwhp, 590 rwtq on the 100 shot.

His car is a 1994 Z28, M6, cold air intake, catback, cutout, 4.10 gears, 100 shot. He made 360 rwhp, 430 rwtq on the spray.

He wanted to run me with him spraying and me on motor, which was fine since it was the best chance for a good race. Both cars had a passenger.

We went from 40 mph to the top of 4th (he would have been in 5th).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z329j0Kuf_Q

After the first run I messed around with PSM on the bike, but the bottle was getting low so we didn't get any videos. I only had 800 PSI and it wouldn't go above that so I told my friend I wanted to spray the remainder against him and we lined up again.

We went from 40 mph to the top of 4th (he would have been in 5th). I had 800 PSI at the start and around 700 PSI at the end of the race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diF2I0UH3hs

After we pulled over, my buddy told me that his bottle pressure was low the first run and his "transmission slipped" on the run I sprayed. Anything's possible, but he's never once admitted that he was beaten fair and square. There always seems to have been a problem with his car or he was right there with you despite being well back and losing ground

After I left he told my friend that he had me through 4th on the motor run, lol.

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 08-01-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice runs.

LSx platform is awesome.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

I knew the LT1 was toast but I was impressed w/ how it did!! more nice vids, I hate night time vids..
Old 08-01-2010, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thats funny, haha. I wouldn't mind running him motor to motor in the shelby. I think it would be a good run. Let me know next time you guys are heading down. I'm def coming!
Old 08-01-2010, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
I knew the LT1 was toast but I was impressed w/ how it did!! more nice vids, I hate night time vids..
That first video shows that nice hit you get with the nitrous. He just wasn't able to overcome the 60 rwhp advantage up top. Also, I don't think the factory rev limit of 5800 or whatever was helping him. He's probably in 5th gear at about 105-110 mph with those 4.10's.

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Thats funny, haha. I wouldn't mind running him motor to motor in the shelby. I think it would be a good run. Let me know next time you guys are heading down. I'm def coming!
If there's nitrous in his bottle I really doubt he would run you on motor. He likes to get people to run him, telling them it makes like 300 crank horsepower, and then spray it and make them look stupid. I think it'd be a cool run though if we can talk him into it or catch him with an empty bottle.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
If there's nitrous in his bottle I really doubt he would run you on motor. He likes to get people to run him, telling them it makes like 300 crank horsepower, and then spray it and make them look stupid. I think it'd be a cool run though if we can talk him into it or catch him with an empty bottle.
x2. He's well-known for agreeing to motor vs motor runs with people and then spraying them anyways, and I've never seen him without the bottle in the car, although I have seen it empty before. Even then, though, "empty" might still have a little left in it, enough to give him a little extra, and if the bottle is in the car, he's gonna hit the switch regardless of what's in it. Just a heads up. I've yet to see him admit defeat or not make an excuse. Doesn't matter whether he lost by half a car or 10 cars, he was "hangin right there with you", or his "clutch was slippin", or his "bottle was empty". Yeah, he's THAT guy. I actually had him tell me once that he was hangin right there with my Gixxer when I was just givin it a little gas in like 3rd gear behind some cars that were racing. When I told him what actually happened, he proceeded to correct me and tell me that no, I was actually "in it" and he was "hangin right there with me" while I was all out.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
x2. He's well-known for agreeing to motor vs motor runs with people and then spraying them anyways, and I've never seen him without the bottle in the car, although I have seen it empty before. Even then, though, "empty" might still have a little left in it, enough to give him a little extra, and if the bottle is in the car, he's gonna hit the switch regardless of what's in it. Just a heads up. I've yet to see him admit defeat or not make an excuse. Doesn't matter whether he lost by half a car or 10 cars, he was "hangin right there with you", or his "clutch was slippin", or his "bottle was empty". Yeah, he's THAT guy. I actually had him tell me once that he was hangin right there with my Gixxer when I was just givin it a little gas in like 3rd gear behind some cars that were racing. When I told him what actually happened, he proceeded to correct me and tell me that no, I was actually "in it" and he was "hangin right there with me" while I was all out.
Well thats no fun. I'm all for racing anyone but if someones going to straight up tell me they wont use the bottle and then they do, thats BS!
Old 08-01-2010, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Well thats no fun. I'm all for racing anyone but if someones going to straight up tell me they wont use the bottle and then they do, thats BS!
Just gotta beat people like that at their own game...when's your car getting a bottle
Old 08-02-2010, 12:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just gotta beat people like that at their own game...when's your car getting a bottle
It's funny you mention that....I was just thinking how awesome it would be if he sprayed me and then I sprayed him right back and took him by a few cars.

I was with a girlfreind of mine at Mohegan yesterday and she put 10$ into a penny slot and hit a 700$ jackpot!! If only that was me.....nitrous, here I come.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:20 AM
11 Second Club

I have no problem with people being sneaky in regards to street racing but making excuses and lying about the outcome is just lame..
Old 08-02-2010, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix99
I have no problem with people being sneaky in regards to street racing but making excuses and lying about the outcome is just lame..
There's no need to always be sneaky with people that you hang out with every weekend and supposedly consider friends. That's the kind of stuff you do right after modding up and then the cat is out of the bag.

The excuse thing is straight up what happens, haha. If he beats you by a fender then he smoked you, but when he lost to the 550+ rwhp Mach1, the 600+ rwhp Supra, my car, etc. then it was only because there was a problem with his car. Hell, as soon as I left yesterday he told my friends that he was winning until the clutch slipped in 5th Fun races either way!
Old 08-02-2010, 08:28 AM
TECH Resident

Wow - glenn is hilarious lmao
Old 08-02-2010, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just reading the title i already knew he was toast. Just amazing why he could'nt figure it out and making excuses.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Teching In

I had to laugh after our race a couple weekends ago the excuses were flying nonstop. We ran from 45mph to about 130mph, and now that we have some races on video you can judge how ours went down. Based on the races SRZ and I had it was about the same as the last one if not worse lol.

I heard everything from his tune was off to his snycros were "acting up". The best yet which still gets me is he was spinning through 4th up to 130mph. I didnt know 360whp could spin the tires at 130mph funny how my 600whp Mach1 didnt have the problem. Some of the comments never cease to amaze me.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Teching In

Kinda sounds like what I do to people huh?
SHHH DONT TELL ANYONE!!!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Great race! People like that deserve to get beaten like that however, it never leads to anything... they'll just keep going with the excuses.

I'm a bit surprised though... I thought we were the lucky ones down here in SF thinking that we were the only ones with people like that!! It just seems so prevalent out here. Out of ever 10 cars you run, 6-7 are exactly just like this guy. Makes you not even want to go the races.

Nice thread my friend! Keep em rolling....
Old 08-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
Or just tell other people they are spraying when the races are closer than anticipated lol
Old 08-02-2010, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
LOL, I'm going to make a cardboard nitrous bottle and a cardboard "sleeper" cam for you to keep in the car.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Awesome runs, man between SRZ and PSM we have enough videos to keep us occupied for a long time. Thanks a lot for that guys, really, it makes the section.

Juice, you misspelled Bentley in your sig.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
Awesome runs, man between SRZ and PSM we have enough videos to keep us occupied for a long time. Thanks a lot for that guys, really, it makes the section.

Juice, you misspelled Bentley in your sig.
We just like to get good runs in with daytime vids (if possible) and no BS or drama. And we especially like to setup close races that are worth watching. Both of us would rather lose 10 close races in a row than go out and just demolish 10 cars that didn't put up much of a fight, whether we're driving 10 second cars or 15 second cars (or in my case, bikes ).