Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

busted a T/A!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 09:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default busted a T/A!!!

on the way to work this morning ran across a blue t/a,loud with lopey idle,6spd.sounded good.

anyway no real chance of running on freeway because of traffic.so i followed him to a stop but he made the turn without slowing down,i ended up pulling next to him with about a 15mph roll.he got on it first then me.he spun a little with me putting about a car on him because of spin then i put about another car on him up to third gear then let off for traffic.

honestly this car was probably faster than my car if we ran a 1/4.i think his spin kind of killed his chance and the fact we only raced for a little over an 1/8 mile.

i have ran into acouple races in the last two days. actualy raceda guy from this site with a ws6 t/a.on the freeway his car pulled from me pretty good twice.we went fronm a dead stop with him saying he would have ahard time hooking.well he did and i put about 3 cars on him till third but his take off was bad.his car is definantly fast and would put a woopin on me at the track.

hey anything can happen on the street

ps.hey CRAGER(moderator)i am still waiten to line up that t/a with my mach
Old 01-23-2004, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by roger
on the way to work this morning ran across a blue t/a,loud with lopey idle,6spd.sounded good.

anyway no real chance of running on freeway because of traffic.so i followed him to a stop but he made the turn without slowing down,i ended up pulling next to him with about a 15mph roll.he got on it first then me.he spun a little with me putting about a car on him because of spin then i put about another car on him up to third gear then let off for traffic.

honestly this car was probably faster than my car if we ran a 1/4.i think his spin kind of killed his chance and the fact we only raced for a little over an 1/8 mile.

i have ran into acouple races in the last two days. actualy raceda guy from this site with a ws6 t/a.on the freeway his car pulled from me pretty good twice.we went fronm a dead stop with him saying he would have ahard time hooking.well he did and i put about 3 cars on him till third but his take off was bad.his car is definantly fast and would put a woopin on me at the track.

hey anything can happen on the street

ps.hey CRAGER(moderator)i am still waiten to line up that t/a with my mach

Hey, he dropped his gloves and you capitolized. Good kill!!
Old 01-23-2004, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Your good driving to his bad driving. Like you said, anything can happen on the street. Good kill
Old 01-23-2004, 10:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

yea unit i would have hated to run up against them if they had a good tire.i would have gotten ugly

i think i am going to have to start modding the car soon enough,cant seem to find a stock ls1 to race for nuthin.is there even such thing as a stock ls1?? i was used to my old car where beatings didnt come my way to often.but with the new car i have to be real picky on who i choose.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:59 AM
11 Second Club

No LS1 is stock!

PS: Mustangs are slow!
Old 01-23-2004, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It's tough to find a stock LS1. They are out there. The problem is that the people who own the don't know anything about racing and they won't race you. The people with LS1's interested in racing are modded. It's a catch 22.

It's time for you to start modding that thing isn't it? I'm sure it's nice and broken in by now. What's the first step, intake & exhaust?
Old 01-23-2004, 11:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

unit im not real sure what im going to do yet but whatever it is i want it to maintain STOCK drivability and sound.i mean the whole reason for me buying the new mach was to have a car that i could enjoy along with the whole family.and at the same time get away from race scene for awhile.i mean if i wanted something fast i would have just kept the old car and kept modding.

i dont want to really base it toward just 1/4 mile but a good all around car.probably do underdrives,some type of cold air kit with a changed tube between maf and tb,intake cover spacer,pull intake and do a little cleanup,cleanup throttle body,3.90 gear(i know isnt perfect),and some type of tuning devise.should be good enough for high 12's on street tires and mid 12's on drag radials at least.just a nice fun car without screwing it up.

wont be as fast as a cobra but i was a few dollars short of a cobra.

modding cars is a disease i am triing to get rid of!
Old 01-23-2004, 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by roger
wont be as fast as a cobra but i was a few dollars short of a cobra.

modding cars is a disease i am triing to get rid of!
That my fellow Houstonian and fellow ford driver, will not happen. once you have the disease, the only way of kemo to this cancer is sell your car, and BUY A HONDA!!!
Old 01-23-2004, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BigBronco
That my fellow Houstonian and fellow ford driver, will not happen. once you have the disease, the only way of kemo to this cancer is sell your car, and BUY A HONDA!!!

Yes. Buying a honda is a sure way to lose all interest in performance.

P.S. Did anyone ever see that video where the guy said Vtec stood for "very tall engine coolant".
Old 01-23-2004, 12:56 PM
12 Second Club

Haha never seen that video. I bought my LS1 in may and it was bone stock down to the paper filter.
Old 01-23-2004, 01:05 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by black_z
Haha never seen that video. I bought my LS1 in may and it was bone stock down to the paper filter.
Yep so was mine when I bought it ... but that was alittle over 2 years ago ....

uhhh ... and it's still stock of course.
Old 01-23-2004, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill bud...the Mach's are nice cars...get to moddin that beast...you should look into a twin screw
Old 01-23-2004, 01:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Mine is stock and I do not like to just take it to school... However, I am not going to dog it either (power braking, neutral to drive, manually shifting an auto, dropping a clutch, power shifting, etc). Anything can happen on the street, then I should challenge Aries in my Probe GT (gas mileage you see and Uncle who sold it to me for dirt cheap and it is a fun little 5 spd), LOL. I am actually going to say the unthinkable, I have seen a Mach 1 or two that (secretly) I think are decent.
Old 01-23-2004, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

hey one badz.....i think my wife will say srew you on the twin screw!!!
Old 01-23-2004, 02:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BigBronco
when im rich and have lots of money to throw around, I really think i wanna buy a v-tec civic... Rice it out to hell and ****... maybe actually make it fast, and just drive it around for ***** and giggles. I dont know why, but I think it would be fun to have an excuse for being cocky...
Old 01-23-2004, 04:33 PM
TECH Resident

Nice kill... New Mach's are nice!