Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

68 tubbed camaro vs my ta.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 05:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 68 tubbed camaro vs my ta.

Back to the brick in flint is going on and lots of people and cars. Hard to race due to all the cops but i got two last night. Getting some gas a nice blue 68 camaro tubbed out looking full race was right next to me. Looking at his car i asked how fast is it. he said he didn't know and i said wanna find out,or is it a bunch of noise for show? He didn't seem to like me but said lets go over the other side and line em up. We went down the road got a clear spot at the light and ready to go. On the green i come out good and he was soft on the take off. First gear i seem to be a good bit ahead and i slam second. I keep it to the floor till the 6,500rpm shift light comes on and i hit third hard. then in third i can hear him catching me and i keep the foot on the floor all the was ti'll i hit fourth gear. I look over my shoulder and he's not even a full car back....but i win. I get him by half car after i was out a full car or so. He was a cool guy and asked how much i sprayed or do i have a super charger. I said all motor here and he said no way. I pulled over to show and he asked what i run. 10.8 n/a. he told me he would never of thought looking at it and he said he spun off the line or he would of got me. Maybe he would of but thats racing. Race #2....not even worth talking about,it was over before the start. My car is a 402ci,530hp n/a m6 car/4.11's and 26'' slicks. Mod changes in about two weeks to go faster,i hope! Thanks,mike c.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good kill.. the '68 had some good mods!
Old 08-22-2010, 04:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn thats a badass car you got Mike! Wonder why no one else has posted about your thread so far? Sounds like a awesome race! And you gotta be loving the fact that you holeshot a tubbed out, dedicated drag car. Any pics of your ride to show us what sleeper Camaro we dont want to mess with?
Old 08-22-2010, 07:22 AM
10 Second Club

In his defence he was tubbed but did have thread and was not on slicks. He claimed to have 900+hp. If he was on slicks The race may of been different. In fact,i'm sure at a track he would of got me. I need to hook up my n.o.s system for guys like him and more.
It's no sleeper i had my cutouts open and the cam is pretty good sized. Also,it's a ws.6 trans am with a ws.9 outlaw hood. With the new mods i'm wating on and nos,i'll hope to be changing to the mid 9sec club this october.

Last edited by mike c.; 08-22-2010 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:31 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mike c.
In his defence he was tubbed but did have thread and was not on slicks. He claimed to have 900+hp. If he was on slicks The race may of been different. In fact,i'm sure at a track he would of got me. I need to hook up my n.o.s system for guys like him and more.
It's no sleeper i had my cutouts open and the cam is pretty good sized. Also,it's a ws.6 trans am with a ws.9 outlaw hood.
Damn man, kudos again on the kill. If a back halved 900hp car with big *** tires can't beat you on the street, that's his problem. Is your engine built stout enough to handle the spray?
Old 08-22-2010, 09:46 AM
10 Second Club

I have a full forged callies crank,rods,arp studs and the rings to do a 300 shot. Not that i would ever spray that much but maybe a lil 150 shot. I have never sprayed this motor,but ran 10.27 on my 346ci ls1 spraying a 150 shot and 11.1 n/a. I have the kit,just not hooked up. I also just spent $5 grand on new parts,should be here next week
Old 08-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Staging Lane

damn man thats a bad little ride you got there. total track car with gutted interior and weight loss everywhere I assume? low 10's on a 150 shot is moving in my books! Most LS1's up here with full boltons/gears/slicks/ and a 150 shot are mid 11's. Heads and cam you are lucky to do mod 11's. Guess we dont take going fast as deadly serious as you guys do!
Old 08-22-2010, 04:37 PM
10 Second Club

You are wrong again my friend. I have 100% full interior,radio,heater,leather,back seats,steering wheel,airbags,abs and power everything. I have a tube frontend and no front sway,ws9 outlaw hood and i just added that. had stock hood when i ran 10.85 at 127.66 with a 1.44 60 foot. This hood is 15lbs lighter then factory. I run skinnies and 26x11.5x15 cheeter slicks at the track. I hope My new mods will get me in the 10.3 or 10.4 n/a and the spray will get me into the mid 9's..... i hope. I tried to upload some pics of my car but it said failed due to a security token. I pm'd the admin of the board.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Staging Lane

Jesus, nice job.