Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

full exhaust Ls1 vs full exhaust '08 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 06:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 02ws666
Not gonna quote I'm on a slow *** iPhone. But a tune on a bolt on car with gears WILL make it run better. Period. And I said walked away not run away. And yes I will get defensive when someone says something retarded like a tune won't help. A tune damn sure helps a 3v. Ls1 nit as much but it will help
Your reading comprehension skills are not so hot. I never once said that a tune will not help a car, or make it run better. I said it will not gain 20+rwhp.

Let me make this easy for you to understand:
Will it gain some all over the powerband? Yes.
Will it gain a good amount at peak numbers? Yes.
Will it give a bolt-on (M6) car 20+rwhp? No.
Did I say it will not help in anyway? No.

Read my posts again, then read it again if you cannot understand what I am saying here. You are pulling words out of your *** and putting them in my mouth.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
Agreed.
You must be as bad as he is at reading. Read my previous post.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wa simply proving my point that a tune wouldnif helped my car pull more/walk away. Thanks to all the ppl that actual understood what I was saying.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WSsick
I was speaking of his car, which if I am assuming correctly as being a manual, would not have torque management of any kind. And on a tune giving you 20+ rwhp IN A BOLT-ON CAR. In that case, if I get an LS6 intake (most people say between 10-20hp) and a tune (you say 20+hp) would put me around 370rwhp in a bolt on car? Not happening. As I just posted, I was speaking ONLY of bolt on cars, not setups on which a tune will actually big of a large benefit (20+ definitely possible on heads/cam, cam only, FI cars).
I never claimed you would pick up 20rwhp, just that the gains you would get were the same as a 20rwhp gain. Picking up midrange torque/hp, not having dropoffs on power at shifts or in lower gears (all things GM did with there computers in a vain effort to not hurt drivetrain components). All combined will/should give you at least 2 tenths improvements.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ur arguing that it won't give 20 hp. Nice. But I never said it wouldn't either lol
Old 08-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually I'm just trying to incite you into a argument to pass the time as I'm sitting on a da*@n vibrating back pad hoping my nasty pulled back muscle goes away so I can go to a car meet tonite. I am not familiar with LS1 Fbodies enough to know the kind of improvement a 6spd car would get, but I'm extrapolating from what I've read and what I know the GTO's and new Vette's get from it.

I was supposed to be running a pullied Termi today, along with a cam'd GTO, but it's friggin raining...
Old 08-26-2010, 07:02 PM
12 Second Club

I wa simply proving my point that a tune wouldnif helped my car pull more/walk away. Thanks to all the ppl that actual understood what I was saying.
Yes it would help, but walk away "ez" when you "barely pulled" the first time. Not likely, and thats what I was arguing. I would have understood what you were saying if you wouldnt have been putting words in my mouth and not understand what I was saying.

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
I never claimed you would pick up 20rwhp, just that the gains you would get were the same as a 20rwhp gain. Picking up midrange torque/hp, not having dropoffs on power at shifts or in lower gears (all things GM did with there computers in a vain effort to not hurt drivetrain components). All combined will/should give you at least 2 tenths improvements.
My bad, I thought you were implying tha since it would pick up 2 tenths that it would also gain the 20+hp. Thanks for clearing that up.

Ur arguing that it won't give 20 hp. Nice. But I never said it wouldn't either lol
Did I say you did? No. Damn you suck at reading. No hard feelings
Old 08-26-2010, 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WSsick
Yes it would help, but walk away "ez" when you "barely pulled" the first time. Not likely, and thats what I was arguing. I would have understood what you were saying if you wouldnt have been putting words in my mouth and not understand what I was saying.

My bad, I thought you were implying tha since it would pick up 2 tenths that it would also gain the 20+hp. Thanks for clearing that up.

Did I say you did? No. Damn you suck at reading. No hard feelings
All this from a guy that has "untuned" listed in his mods list. I just find that funny for some reason.

Anyways back on topic.....
Old 08-26-2010, 07:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
All this from a guy that has "untuned" listed in his mods list. I just find that funny for some reason.

Anyways back on topic.....
Once again, so people don't ask questions.

Now we can get back on topic.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will say nice 60ft with an m6. Drag radials?
Old 08-26-2010, 10:02 PM
12 Second Club

Nope, Falken ze502 street tires, 245/50-16.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by maxspeed05V
good runs, perfectly matched cars.

I do like the new 5.0, but glad to see the LS1 is still holding it off.
Its a 08 mustang 3v not a 11' 5.0
Old 08-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Teching In

We need to change the name of this board from LS1TECH to LS1DRAMATECH.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

3v's are fun motors to play with and do respond pretty well to bolt on's. It's still a tiny V8 but mine holds it's own decently. Plus I like the way the 3v engines look over the new 5.0. That big plastic engine cover is hideous.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Teching In

A tune makes a helluva difference. I know when mine was running on the stock tune you coud smell how rich it was and ended up burning up the o2's. After the tune it picked up almost 2 tenths in the quarter.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

Default Stupid newbie question

ok so i have been a member on here since 2006, i originally joined knowing that i was going to inherit a 2002 ws6 and wanted to be able to read threads on here about what mods did what, etc....now i have a stupid question for all of you that shows my car ignorance....What mods classify your ride as a BOLT ON only car?? if someone could please explain to me i would greatly appreciate it.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by turbotransam09
ok so i have been a member on here since 2006, i originally joined knowing that i was going to inherit a 2002 ws6 and wanted to be able to read threads on here about what mods did what, etc....now i have a stupid question for all of you that shows my car ignorance....What mods classify your ride as a BOLT ON only car?? if someone could please explain to me i would greatly appreciate it.
Bolt ons are things you can add relatively easy to the car while not going internally on the motor. Technically heads are "bolt on" but they require dissasembling the engine itself to install. Typical bolt ons are an intake, headers, exhaust, throttle body, etc. Hope that helps.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by turbotransam09
It depends who you ask haha. I forget the thread but there was one around earlier where someone was trying to make the argument that a supercharger could technically be considered a bolt on. But typically, like he said right above me, intake, headers, exhaust etc. is what is thought of when people say bolt ons.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

I was expecting bus lengths, I was surprised it was close for so long. Regardless you killed another rustang, the list goes on
Old 09-02-2010, 10:59 PM
10 Second Club

Nice kill OP. I find it interesting that alot of guys on this site run LS motors with longtubes and lids with no tune. Does the LS computer compensate for the increased airflow? I know with those mods on my Mach and 3V's it would be running way lean with engine damage a possibility. I gained 17RWHP and almost 40RWTQ with a good dyno tune before my car was SC'd. Hate to leave that on the table.

Quick Reply: full exhaust Ls1 vs full exhaust '08 Mustang GT