Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 Trans Am vs. 2010 SS.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Trans Am vs. 2010 SS.

Well earlier this evening I was on my way home from my old high school's football game. They whooped *** by the way. Anyway I'm just cruising about sixty on the highway when this beautiful 2010 SS pulls up. Pretty black with dark silver racing stripes down the middle. Good looking chrome rims too.

I have yet to run an LS3 SS so I was anxious too so I bucked the car a little to see if he was game. He rolled down the windows and I see he is with his girl and he wanted to show off.

We started just playing with each other as there were both cars in front of us and no room to run. A couple miles down the way we finally got room.

We lined up going about 50. I dropped it in second and I don't know what he was in. 3 honks and he immediately jumped out a car on me and stayed there. I couldn't catch him and he couldn't pull away.

Second race we slowed down to 35. I was in first and I don't know what he was in. After 3 honks we were off and I got a good 2 cars ahead of him by the end of second and just stayed there till the end of third. We raced again from 35 and had the same outcome.

The SS was bone stock and I have full bolt ons. I was surprised my car ran strong against that LS3.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by PadenAlbin
Well earlier this evening I was on my way home from my old high school's football game. They whooped *** by the way. Anyway I'm just cruising about sixty on the highway when this beautiful 2010 SS pulls up. Pretty black with dark silver racing stripes down the middle. Good looking chrome rims too.

I have yet to run an LS3 SS so I was anxious too so I bucked the car a little to see if he was game. He rolled down the windows and I see he is with his girl and he wanted to show off.

We started just playing with each other as there were both cars in front of us and no room to run. A couple miles down the way we finally got room.

We lined up going about 50. I dropped it in second and I don't know what he was in. 3 honks and he immediately jumped out a car on me and stayed there. I couldn't catch him and he couldn't pull away.

Second race we slowed down to 35. I was in first and I don't know what he was in. After 3 honks we were off and I got a good 2 cars ahead of him by the end of second and just stayed there till the end of third. We raced again from 35 and had the same outcome.

The SS was bone stock and I have full bolt ons. I was surprised my car ran strong against that LS3.
wow very nice, i am just starting to learn about all the mods, etc for f-bodies. can u inform me of what classifies as BOLT ON mods? thanks
Old 08-28-2010, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

longtubes, lid, ud pulley, and an ls6 intake since its a 2002.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:48 AM
Staging Lane

Default thank you

longtubes, lid, ud pulley, and an ls6 intake since its a 2002.
thank you for that info....im very ignorant when it comes to piston power....i owned 4 rx7's before inheriting my 2002 ws6. so i assume since my ws6 is 2002 that i may have the ls6 intake or engine instead of ls1? i'm not sure of the stock parts on my car lol. im trying to learn all i can about f-bodies so i apologize for the ignorance. btw how do you get to list all those mods like you have at the bottom of your posts?
Old 08-29-2010, 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

They are heavy pigs

Lol, nice runs. Seems to be the norm from all the threads around here.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good kill/death, but...

Well earlier this evening I was on my way home from my old high school's football game. They whooped *** by the way.
No one cares.

Originally Posted by turbotransam09
. can u inform me of what classifies as BOLT ON mods? thanks
Bolt-ons consist of lid, LS6 intake (if not 01-02 car), UD pulley, headers, Y or X pipe, catback or duals, electric water pump, throttle body, some people throw rockers in there and I'm sure I'm forgetting something(s). I guess you could consder a ported stock TB or a new MAF as well.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think your should of taken that ls3 Camaro with bolt ons. I've taken couple with my lid and k&n ws6. Probably u need a good tune.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mannyman84
I think your should of taken that ls3 Camaro with bolt ons. I've taken couple with my lid and k&n ws6. Probably u need a good tune.
This^^

With just a lid, I held one off from 60-120mph.. I quickly put about 3/4 of a car length on him. He slowly started pulling me in... at 125mph, we were side by side. We let off at that point.

With my recent mods (sig). I had a silver one come up to my side while I was doing 65mph on cruise control. He jumped his car a few times looking for a race. I get behind him and we stick together until finally a gap of about 1/2 mile opened up on the expressway. We were going about 70mph, he didn't honk or give any signal to go. He floored it, I chased.. I quickly stopped his pull and pulled him rather quickly, at 90mph we were side by side... at 110-115mph I let off. I had put a car length on him. I tried to go for a second one, I did the 3 honks, but he didn't play. He seemed rather butthurt about losing. Gave no thumbs up when I gave him thumbs up. Guess he was embarrassed he lost (he had a girl on pass. side) to a stock looking trans am. LOL!

With those mods you have Padin, you should have done a good number on him.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Seriously, our cars pull a lot harder than you think with just boltons! It keeps amazing me how many cars I'm faster then with my bolton ws6!

And good kill!!!! 1st gear is no joke lol
Old 09-02-2010, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Nice kill, I toyed around with a 2SSRS or whatever they are and I was on him pretty easily. We never got to actually run them, but I believe I would have done just fine. They are sharp cars, just need some mods to wake them up a little. I'd give it a few years most new Camaros will be modded like most of us on here.