Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Gto killed

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 02:04 AM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dgr00s
the manufacturer knows what parameters the supercharger can operate within. it's not like we are talking about putting an m45 on a 4.6l dohc engine.

if evidence pointed to the ability to generate 400rwhp (also depending on my goals and budget) and the manufacturer didn't specify any issues otherwise. Just because there is a larger/better option doesn't necessarily make it the more economical or smarter choice.

just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should/or have to in order to reach your goals.
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I'm sure they don't. But the M90 was originally designed as a V6 blower. I think one of the first applications was on the Thunderbird S/C back in the early-mid 90s. I think it was also used on the supercharged Grand Prix/Bonneville/Regal. The M112 ('03-'04 Cobra) is the one you really want to use for a V8.
It's still a "V6 blower." It'd be like putting a T3/T4 turbo on a Mustang GT. Yeah you can do it, and it will make more power, but there are better alternatives.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:14 AM
Teching In

It's still a "V6 blower." It'd be like putting a T3/T4 turbo on a Mustang GT. Yeah you can do it, and it will make more power, but there are better alternatives.
exactly what im trying to say. why not put the most efficient choice on? just because you are happy with 400 hp for now doesnt mean you wont want 500 or 600 later, you go with the bigger blower and get to your goal, then in 6 months when you want more you wont have to go buy another blower to get to your new goal.waste of time and money, and if your on a budget that just means you have to save some more pennies, it will be well worth the wait to not half *** it
Old 09-28-2010, 02:32 AM
***Repost Police***

Yeah, enough people bitch about putting a P1SC on a car instead of a D1SC... if I had another Mustang GT (which I wouldn't buy again, unless it was a new 5.0) and I wanted to supercharge it it would definitely not get an M90, just in case I wanted to run better than mid 12s at some point.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Arctic
im no supercharger expert or anything, but arent there a ton of variables that could change those charts? i.e. engine displacement, cfm output and what not? i would assume trying to run a supercharger that was designed for a v6 on a v8 would be like trying to run a turbo from a diesel pickup on a semi... sure you can get the boost psi you need, but its not going to actually flow as much air as the semi turbo would.and i know if you tried to run the smaller turbo it would generate more heat due to the fact it was working so hard to produce the amount of air the motor needs. but hey... what would i know? ill just take my sunfire and throw on some naaaaas and make lambos look slow
A turbo works nothing like a roots blower. The M90 is designed to work with any motor between 3.0 and 5.0 displacement. Just because it needs to be spun a litte quicker than an M112 would need to be spun doesn't mean the delta temps are much different. The Generation 5 M90 is highly efficient for what it is, and could support up to about 450whp reasonably. The M112 allows for a slightly higher ceiling, but nothing like what F8LPOS would have you believe. Something around 40rwhp more in an ideal scenario. If you want to get technical, the Generation 5 m90 is slightly more efficient than a non-ported m112 and would be a better choice if you're looking to run low boost (since the blower is smaller it takes less power to drive it). Think about it, you're talking about 22 cubic inches, how much more power can you really make? F8LPOS would have you thinking we're comparing a 3.4 Kenne Belle to an M45 Eaton.

Last edited by Ju1ce; 09-28-2010 at 03:07 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:00 AM
Teching In

Yeah, enough people bitch about putting a P1SC on a car instead of a D1SC... if I had another Mustang GT (which I wouldn't buy again, unless it was a new 5.0) and I wanted to supercharge it it would definitely not get an M90, just in case I wanted to run better than mid 12s at some point.
I'm pretty sure NitemareTA's brother has gone 12.3 in his GT with next to nothing other than an M90. He's only running 6psi and has a pretty decently big pulley on the car.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:02 AM
***Repost Police***

I don't think I'd go roots/twin screw in the first place, would go centrifugal if I did a blower at all. If I go boost, it's turbo for me
Old 09-28-2010, 03:08 AM
Teching In

I don't think I'd go roots/twin screw in the first place, would go centrifugal if I did a blower at all. If I go boost, it's turbo for me
This is a pretty easy way out of the discussion.
I can't find it right now, but there was a big write up on the GenV M90 vs the M112 blower. A guy maxed out both of his setups with each blower and found them to be within 30whp of eachother.

Last edited by Ju1ce; 09-28-2010 at 03:18 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:49 AM
Teching In

ok, hence me not being an expert on superchargers. just figured same concept so the rules might apply
Old 09-28-2010, 04:01 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
This is a pretty easy way out of the discussion.
I can't find it right now, but there was a big write up on the GenV M90 vs the M112 blower. A guy maxed out both of his setups with each blower and found them to be within 30whp of eachother.
Yep lol
Old 09-28-2010, 10:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

**ignorant comment removed by myself**

Last edited by WSsick; 09-28-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:33 AM
***Repost Police***

My father passed away 5 years ago. There is a reason I'm not indulging these idiots by participating in this conversation.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:51 AM
12 Second Club

My father passed away 5 years ago. There is a reason I'm not indulging these idiots by participating in this conversation.
Sorry to hear that, edited my post.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:04 AM
On The Tree

^much respect. I can't believe this thread is still open anyway. Anything informative ended with the first few pages.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:08 AM
12 Second Club

Old 09-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Hold up, I never said I was his dad... some of you took that out of context. I actually said the opposite...
Old 09-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RacerBill
Hold up, I never said I was his dad... some of you took that out of context. I actually said the opposite...
So you're trying to say you're his mom? Wow way to walk into that one.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr370z
Damn... you got me. I think if you read back, you will see what I mean.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
So much more efficient

If you knew ANYTHING about roots blowers you woulda answered that 3psi @ 12000 RPM would be WAY lower temps without any further information being needed.

Feel free to take your shoe off and choke on it at any time.
You're so intelligent. See below

im no supercharger expert or anything, but arent there a ton of variables that could change those charts? i.e. engine displacement, cfm output and what not? i would assume trying to run a supercharger that was designed for a v6 on a v8 would be like trying to run a turbo from a diesel pickup on a semi... sure you can get the boost psi you need, but its not going to actually flow as much air as the semi turbo would.and i know if you tried to run the smaller turbo it would generate more heat due to the fact it was working so hard to produce the amount of air the motor needs. but hey... what would i know? ill just take my sunfire and throw on some naaaaas and make lambos look slow
I'm sure they don't. But the M90 was originally designed as a V6 blower. I think one of the first applications was on the Thunderbird S/C back in the early-mid 90s. I think it was also used on the supercharged Grand Prix/Bonneville/Regal. The M112 ('03-'04 Cobra) is the one you really want to use for a V8.
just like garret and the other turbo manufacturers dont designate what turbo goes on what diesel motor, but would you put a turbo off of a 3.9L i4 diesel on a 13L i6? (extreme example to demonstrate my point)
^^^ THIS. The M90 will create a lot of heat at the same boost as the M112 because of the little blower is working harder to compress the same amount of air therefor making it less efficient.

I'm done arguing with you because it's like talking to a retarded junkie teenager.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:52 PM
Teching In

correct, he just said he banged his mom.

Originally Posted by Mr370z
no he is trying to say he banged his mom.

Damn... you got me. I think if you read back, you will see what I mean.
that would require reading and he didn't complete this task the first time so....... well you get the picture. LOL

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
You're so intelligent. See below

^^^ THIS. The M90 will create a lot of heat at the same boost as the M112 because of the little blower is working harder to compress the same amount of air therefor making it less efficient.

I'm done arguing with you because it's like talking to a retarded junkie teenager.
i don't think you could beat sense into him with a 30lb sledge LOL

better to just give up before we lose our minds.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey dude, don't take internet comments so serious. My sincere apologies if it upset you. You could have just went along with it and said your mom told you RacerBill has a little pecker or something to that effect

Quick Reply: Gto killed