Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Gto killed

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 01:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gto killed

HERE HAS BEEN A TRAGEDY! I killed the GTO on motor, he watched me disconnect the bottle and made sure the valve was closed. The only race that was even close was the 40-45 roll

first video here is from a 20 roll i shot while driving and same race as 2nd vid just in my car instead of from the side of the road.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX-luO-qRlc

2nd vid here is from 20 roll as mentioned above
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19gI4HJSbpQ

3rd is the closest and was 40-45 roll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsSQOYkLbMU

4th is a dig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3z0LJpykpg

i have a 2006 Mustang GT with c&l cai, offroad x pipe and a 93 tune from BBR ,the gto has lt's and a tune.

Last edited by BubbaRATM; 09-20-2010 at 02:40 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

No video.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mpatton
No video.
ahh i see, i will fix
Old 09-20-2010, 08:00 AM
Teching In

Horrible vids(cant tell wtf is going on) and the GTO should have spanked you. Bad driver, something wrong with it, or you where spraying him.

Anything can happen on the street thou.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

While I do agree there is something either wrong with the GTO or a bad driver, either way you beat him.

Good kill.

What gears do you have?
Old 09-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Teching In

Thanks for these videos, I needed a good laugh.
Been awhile since we had such an oblivious poster.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WSsick
While I do agree there is something either wrong with the GTO or a bad driver, either way you beat him.

Good kill.

What gears do you have?
no i didn't spray him as he watched me undo the nitrous feed line from the bottle and i have stock 3.31 gears

to the guy earlier how can you not tell whats going on, watch the dig race and thats me spinning by the way and barking gears in my auto stang and finishing a bus length infront of the oh so unbeatable gto
Old 09-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
Thanks for these videos, I needed a good laugh.
Been awhile since we had such an oblivious poster.
how am i oblivious, you may want to use dictionary.com for a little help on that one bud.

sounds like your one of those GTO boys that's
Old 09-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Teching In

Good kill.

What gears do you have?

Just noticed you live in St. Peters , i lived in St Charles for about 14yrs just moved 2 yrs ago.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BubbaRATM
no i didn't spray him as he watched me undo the nitrous feed line from the bottle and i have stock 3.31 gears

to the guy earlier how can you not tell whats going on, watch the dig race and thats me spinning by the way and barking gears in my auto stang and finishing a bus length infront of the oh so unbeatable gto
I didn't menton a word about you spraying him. I just think either he can't drive for **** or there's something wrong with his car to get roasted like that.

Just noticed you live in St. Peters , i lived in St Charles for about 14yrs just moved 2 yrs ago.
Its a shame you moved, I would have loved puttin a few cars on you off the bottle.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Teching In

I didn't menton a word about you spraying him. I just think either he can't drive for **** or there's something wrong with his car to get roasted like that.

Its a shame you moved, I would have loved puttin a few cars on you off the bottle.
I will be up there around christmas on leave , i know you didn't say anything about me spraying him the other guy did even though i have said the guy watched me unhook it all.

you don't have a gto therefore i would spray you LOL nah i like a good race
Old 09-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Teching In

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...peed-s197.html

That car will be faster then yours since you have an auto as well. Not denying you won, just saying dont expect that outcome against any other GTOs
Old 09-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Teching In

i hear there is a new track being built in Eolia and will be named Mid America Raceway Park, the track is going to be heated and cooled surface and NHRA sanctioned and will host NHRA Events within the next 2 yrs. Also heard gateway is shutting down after the end of this season.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fiveoh
https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...peed-s197.html

That car will be faster then yours since you have an auto as well. Not denying you won, just saying dont expect that outcome against any other GTOs
im always up for a good race, and from now on i will race and record any and every GTO race i get
Old 09-20-2010, 11:48 AM
12 Second Club

I will be up there around christmas on leave , i know you didn't say anything about me spraying him the other guy did even though i have said the guy watched me unhook it all.

you don't have a gto therefore i would spray you LOL nah i like a good race
If the roads are good we should run. Haven't had a white christmas in a while. You can spray if you'd like on some races I don't mind.

i hear there is a new track being built in Eolia and will be named Mid America Raceway Park, the track is going to be heated and cooled surface and NHRA sanctioned and will host NHRA Events within the next 2 yrs. Also heard gateway is shutting down after the end of this season.
Gateway has been in massive debt every year since they remodeled, not too mention the 3 land owners. When I get home ill post the whole situation from a link I have regarding gateway. Well never know when it wkill close for real until it doesn't open in the spring (people have been saying its closing for years) but with the nhra backing out and the circle track going unused, itll probably happen this year. The dragstrip is very profitable so its a shame the 3 land owners and massive debt will shut er down.

No idea where eolia is but I hear rumors all the time of "there will be a track here or there."
Old 09-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Teching In

If the roads are good we should run. Haven't had a white christmas in a while. You can spray if you'd like on some races I don't mind.

Gateway has been in massive debt every year since they remodeled, not too mention the 3 land owners. When I get home ill post the whole situation from a link I have regarding gateway. Well never know when it wkill close for real until it doesn't open in the spring (people have been saying its closing for years) but with the nhra backing out and the circle track going unused, itll probably happen this year. The dragstrip is very profitable so its a shame the 3 land owners and massive debt will shut er down.

No idea where eolia is but I hear rumors all the time of "there will be a track here or there."

I have probably read what you have about gateway, i have been digging about it for weeks and the eolia is not a rumor, a very close friend of mine in that lives in Troy knows the man that bought the land and is building the track , land was signed off on last week and construction will start very soon.

If you went to the MAR car cruise this past weekend in Wentzville they also announced it there.

Yes it is terrible they are in the condition they are in and i used to go to the old mar when it was open in wentzville, loved that track because of the shade trees and the old road course that you could drive on. I was like 15 and racing the trophy street class back then.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Teching In

If the roads are good we should run. Haven't had a white christmas in a while. You can spray if you'd like on some races I don't mind."
I will be up there and we can run for sure, i leave for basic oct 1st and was planning to be up there this week but im too busy with everything else. We can go play on 370 one night , people still go to the commuter lots and earth city or have the cops gotten bad on it?

I was at earth city when Joe Hutchison was killed on his bike and after that i stopped going there, he was a friend of mine and was speeding and an s-10 pulled out in front of him. I was around for alot of the bs on the streets up there and still have alot of friends that play on the street but nowhere near st charles.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:13 PM
12 Second Club

I will be up there and we can run for sure, i leave for basic oct 1st and was planning to be up there this week but im too busy with everything else. We can go play on 370 one night , people still go to the commuter lots and earth city or have the cops gotten bad on it?

I was at earth city when Joe Hutchison was killed on his bike and after that i stopped going there, he was a friend of mine and was speeding and an s-10 pulled out in front of him. I was around for alot of the bs on the streets up there and still have alot of friends that play on the street but nowhere near st charles.
I don't usually venture out that way. I only go to the few local shows and the Sonic action has moved from Elm to Chesterfield. Elm is basically dead but occasionally some people go there (I hear). I would imagine there is still a scene up north but I don't head out that way. We do occasionally use those long roads between all the farms for some quick, late night action.

Oh, and now 370 is a little different. Spencer exit is closed because they are making it reach all the way out to 79 to get rid of some traffic on 70. Should make for a good race spot at night, when its done that is (I heard like late '11). They also have a "Spencer detour" which runs parallel with 370 and joins Spencer and cave springs/truman. Runs straight through the old par 3 course. 3 lanes wide, not really used at night =
Old 09-20-2010, 01:17 PM
12 Second Club

As for Gateway:

Originally Posted by Bret Kepner
I’m only responding to this thread because the article in Drag Racing Online is so incredibly wrong. I’m only going to type this once and I’m not going to respond with any more information. The reason for the lack of interest in a sale of Gateway International Raceway is no secret. There are several people on this board who know the details, (‘Goose being one with whom I’ve shared the basics), and, for the life of me, I have no idea why you people think this is such a conspiracy.

The reason nobody is interested in GIR has nothing to do with the economy, the management, the oval track or the dragstrip. In fact, the dragstrip is, (currently), one of the most successful in the country. Tuesday nights are doing great, Fridays (MM) are through the roof, and, despite the fact bracket racing has been in a horrible slump for a decade, even the Saturday bracket series holds its own quite well. Even the Outlaw All Stars program has shown notable growth. The majority of GIR’s major events are rentals so those races are fine, too. The NHRA National Event does very well for both GIR and the NHRA. However, it wouldn’t matter if the track was ten times more successful. It simply can’t possibly make money.

Chris Pook built the new Gateway in 1996 with $21.5 million in Illinois state bonds. Those bonds were deferred for ten years. Those bonds came due in 2006. For the past four years, GIR has been operating with an annual tax debt of $1.8 million. End of story.

Nothing…not even a NASCAR Cup date…could ever pull the track out from under that load. When it became obvious the track was never going to get a Cup race, Pook (wisely) got out. He knew an NHRA race, a NASCAR truck race, a Nationwide race or even his own CART events wouldn’t do it, either. As it stands, (with no major events at the oval), a new owner would need the equivalent of five good NHRA National Events in one season just to start at ZERO.

NOW start figuring out who’d say “Yes!” to such a deal. Can’t think of ANYBODY? Gee. I guess that explains why nobody’s in line to buy it.

If the tax nightmare could ever be figured out, THEN a prospective buyer could start looking into a way to deal with the three land owners and all the rest of the headaches involved in acquiring Gateway International Raceway.

I don’t care what anybody has heard, said, thought or read. These are the facts. If you don’t believe it, call Dover and ask.

There will always be hilarious rumors out there and, personally, I hope they keep coming just for the entertainment value. However, all the idiots who insist the track is closing because they wait in line for a run at Midnight Madness or the NHRA event was pulled because of racer complaints, (my favorite so far), need to get a clue about the business world.

None of this was ever a secret. All you had to do was ask. Get a grip, people.

I’m not posting this anywhere else. If you find somebody who’s spewing inaccuracies, feel free to cut-n-paste this whole response. The funny part is they’ll still believe the whole place went under because it wasn’t an “outlaw track”.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Too bad you're not closer... I'd give you a race for you to spray

Quick Reply: Gto killed