Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Gto killed

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerBill
Since when did this turn into an "BONE STOCK" argument and the fact that it has to be stock weight and stock tires? Does it also have to be stock spark plugs, stock tire pressure, recommended factory weight oil, stock lugnuts.... this **** is ridiculous. I can guarantee you that my car would have smoked yours when I had just headers with no tune. You know how I know?... because I raced a ton of these so-called full bolt-on GTs.

You are making it out as though the GTs are a feather weight, but the fact is that they are a bit porky too. Hell, the race weight can be damn near even with a fat GT driver and a lean GTO driver. Fuel levels will play a big role too.

Just as the other guy here, I am also wondering who "tuned" his car. FWIW, there aren't hardly any reputable t00ners around the Monroe area. Most of them wouldn't know their *** from a hole in the ground.

With all that being said, from the way you are talking sounds like you have already been beat, and we haven't even ran. You let me tune that GTO and let me drive, and all you will be seeing is the tail lights.... game over.

My GTO is nothing more than a lil ole slow GTO
your right on the bone stock argument, you didn't know, i posted this here to get it out of another thread and i typed it in here thinking everyone just came from there to here.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Teching In

Since when did this turn into an "BONE STOCK" argument and the fact that it has to be stock weight and stock tires? Does it also have to be stock spark plugs, stock tire pressure, recommended factory weight oil, stock lugnuts.... this **** is ridiculous. I can guarantee you that my car would have smoked yours when I had just headers with no tune. You know how I know?... because I raced a ton of these so-called full bolt-on GTs.

You are making it out as though the GTs are a feather weight, but the fact is that they are a bit porky too. Hell, the race weight can be damn near even with a fat GT driver and a lean GTO driver. Fuel levels will play a big role too.

Just as the other guy here, I am also wondering who "tuned" his car. FWIW, there aren't hardly any reputable t00ners around the Monroe area. Most of them wouldn't know their *** from a hole in the ground.

With all that being said, from the way you are talking sounds like you have already been beat, and we haven't even ran. You let me tune that GTO and let me drive, and all you will be seeing is the tail lights.... game over.

My GTO is nothing more than a lil ole slow GTO
here we go again with the best driver there is story......

i never claimed that my car is light... where did you get that because my car when i had my subs and **** in it and ran it with it in the car went 13.26 @ 105 weighing 3620 without me in it .

Im not beat , i told you where ill be friday night. I never said i would beat you but like i have repeated numerous times now ILL RACE YOU ALL NIGHT LONG. Now that being said show up if you want i really don't care if you are there or not.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL at your best trap being 105 and thinking you are going to pull GTOs and especially thinking something isnt right in that video you posted.

How old are you and hpw many strips have you been to? You sound very young and very unknowledgable about things.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Staging Lane

is this GTO a LS2 or a LS1? and really though there is no way to tell what it is just from watching the video...
Old 09-20-2010, 07:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by najaf4life
is this GTO a LS2 or a LS1? and really though there is no way to tell what it is just from watching the video...
Good point I didnt think of that. Either way the Mustang is out of its league.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
this is true.... but we have no way to tell what the engine was... I'm not saying it wasn't a LS2 but I didn't see anything telling me that it was one... a kill is a kill but to me something doesn't seem right with the results....
Old 09-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BubbaRATM
here we go again with the best driver there is story......

i never claimed that my car is light... where did you get that because my car when i had my subs and **** in it and ran it with it in the car went 13.26 @ 105 weighing 3620 without me in it .

Im not beat , i told you where ill be friday night. I never said i would beat you but like i have repeated numerous times now ILL RACE YOU ALL NIGHT LONG. Now that being said show up if you want i really don't care if you are there or not.
Since when did I ever say that I was a good driver? I was just stating about how I had enough of sample size of GTs that I raced to run across at least 1 decent driver. You have ran across one GTO and win a roll race. If you think your car is going to beat GTOs with a half-*** driver, you've got another thing coming.

I was just stating the weight for the argument of weight vs HP. Last time I checked, a header only GTO with a tune should be ~330rwhp on a dynojet. I haven't really checked on when GTs with your mods puts down... care to share?

LOL @ that trap speed and you claiming to beat a GTO. When I was bone stock down to the stock airfilter, stock tune, stock manifolds, stock tires at 34psi, etc I was trapping faster than that.

I was saying that because you wouldn't race for any money...

Word...
Old 09-20-2010, 07:39 PM
10 Second Club

this is true.... but we have no way to tell what the engine was... I'm not saying it wasn't a LS2 but I didn't see anything telling me that it was one... a kill is a kill but to me something doesn't seem right with the results....
Oh without a doubt the results arent typical, even if it was the weaker LS1 motor.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Staging Lane

Oh without a doubt the results arent typical, even if it was the weaker LS1 motor.
very true... thats why in my cam only I could beat a ZR1......

if it wasn't running right....
Old 09-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Since when did I ever say that I was a good driver? I was just stating about how I had enough of sample size of GTs that I raced to run across at least 1 decent driver. You have ran across one GTO and win a roll race. If you think your car is going to beat GTOs with a half-*** driver, you've got another thing coming.
back when you said if you tuned the GTO and drove it you would beat me.

I was just stating the weight for the argument of weight vs HP. Last time I checked, a header only GTO with a tune should be ~330rwhp on a dynojet. I haven't really checked on when GTs with your mods puts down... care to share?
well my car is stock at 300 and lighter than a gto..............

LOL @ that trap speed and you claiming to beat a GTO. When I was bone stock down to the stock airfilter, stock tune, stock manifolds, stock tires at 34psi, etc I was trapping faster than that.

I was saying that because you wouldn't race for any money...
but i bet you didn't have 1.8 60 fts stock on those 34psi street tires LOL, more to a race than a trap speed.

Word...[/QUOTE]

LOL at your best trap being 105 and thinking you are going to pull GTOs and especially thinking something isnt right in that video you posted.

How old are you and hpw many strips have you been to? You sound very young and very unknowledgable about things.
i know enough about drag racing to know that everything doesn't depend on trap speeds.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Teching In

very true... thats why in my cam only I could beat a ZR1......
if it wasn't running right....

so i guess the bolt on 99 t/a i beat last week was a joke to then, sounds like a bunch of GM stuff just runs bad to me

99 t/a 3500 stall, lt's , slp lid, ls6 intake, stock heads, cammed not sure which one, obviously tuned, only down side is he was on some 19in vette wheels. we went from a dig both races and i got him the first race by 1 - 1 1/2 and the second was easily 2 -2 1/2 cars
Old 09-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Teching In

so i guess the bolt on 99 t/a i beat last week was a joke to then, sounds like a bunch of GM stuff just runs bad to me

99 t/a 3500 stall, lt's , slp lid, ls6 intake, stock heads, cammed not sure which one, obviously tuned, only down side is he was on some 19in vette wheels. we went from a dig both races and i got him the first race by 1 - 1 1/2 and the second was easily 2 -2 1/2 cars
Old 09-20-2010, 08:13 PM
10 Second Club

i know enough about drag racing to know that everything doesn't depend on trap speeds.
from a roll its almost all that matters. And now you've beat a stalled cammed f body??? You know thats an 11 second car right?
Old 09-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

from a roll its almost all that matters. And now you've beat a stalled cammed f body??? You know thats an 11 second car right?
no way that can be a 11 sec. car... I'm stalled with a cam... and well I'm afraid to race a 3v.....
Old 09-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

back when you said if you tuned the GTO and drove it you would beat me.
As a matter of fact, I said that a half-assed driver could beat you. So in a sense, I only had to be as good as half-assed, lol.

well my car is stock at 300 and lighter than a gto..............
Which is why I go back to the power vs. weight. How much lighter do you think your car is than a GTO?

Logic doesn't work with you does it? Was the guy driving the t/a the same one that was driving the GTO?

but i bet you didn't have 1.8 60 fts stock on those 34psi street tires LOL, more to a race than a trap speed.
You are damn right I didn't. Not only did I have a shittier 60', but I also trapped a fast ET and also trapped a faster mph... how does that make you feel about a heatsoaked pig vs your rustang?

BWAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Actually it has a ton to do with roll racing, n00b.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Teching In

As a matter of fact, I said that a half-assed driver could beat you. So in a sense, I only had to be as good as half-assed, lol.

Which is why I go back to the power vs. weight. How much lighter do you think your car is than a GTO?

Logic doesn't work with you does it? Was the guy driving the t/a the same one that was driving the GTO?

You are damn right I didn't. Not only did I have a shittier 60', but I also trapped a fast ET and also trapped a faster mph... how does that make you feel about a heatsoaked pig vs your rustang?

BWAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Actually it has a ton to do with roll racing, n00b.

maybe you missed the part about being from a dig and being a ******* bus length in front, does your brain even work ?

my car now weighs around 3550 without me in it , GTOs were what like 3750-3800?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3z0LJpykpg
Old 09-20-2010, 08:31 PM
10 Second Club

no way that can be a 11 sec. car... I'm stalled with a cam... and well I'm afraid to race a 3v.....
I feel sorry for your slow as POS. Stalled and cammed and cant beat a N/A 3 valve.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:32 PM
10 Second Club

maybe you missed the part about being from a dig and being a ******* bus length in front, does your brin even work ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3z0LJpykpg
Maybe you missed this thread? Or you are just ignoring it? LOL

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...peed-s197.html
Old 09-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Teching In

Maybe you missed this thread? Or you are just ignoring it? LOL

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...peed-s197.html
nope seen it a few times ........
Old 09-20-2010, 08:39 PM
10 Second Club

nope seen it a few times ........
Comments then? Not being an *** but your race and this guys are completely on the opposite sides of the spectrum. What gives?

Quick Reply: Gto killed